I hope your Starting Center gets suspended for a couple of games...

blitz8ru

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

This kind off dirty play shouldn't be tolerated... deliberately trying to injure other players... :chair:

knees_medium.gif

USF's Austin Reiter Goes Low On Rutgers' Scott Vallone

South Florida Bulls center Austin Reiter's hit on Rutgers Scarlet Knights defensive lineman Scott Vallone was penalized on the field as the Bulls lead the Scarlet Knights at the half, 6-3.

Both teams have been sloppy in the game, which is South Florida's first Big East contest of the season. Rutgers has committed seven penalties in the first half, but this penalty on South Florida, one of its two on the night thus far, was most notable for it's blatant nature.

With new Big East commissioner Mike Aresco in the house, a more severe penalty could be headed South Florida and Reiter's way.

http://tampabay.sbnation.com/2012/9/13/3329662/usf-austin-reiter-rutgers-scott-vallone

It's being discussed on the Rutgers board here...

http://rutgers.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=157828369&mid=157828369&sid=988&style=2

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Holtz should suspend him. He should have been yanked from the game. That was shameful. He's lucky he didn't seriously injure the Rutgers guy.

Edited by gobulls83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

What penalty was called?

Personal foul, clipping.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Rutgers fan complaining about an opposing team playing dirty vs Rutgers? Oh, the irony....

He got penalized for it and more than likely got his ass chewed out. Go whine somewhere else guido.

Edited by deters-

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Personal foul, clipping.

I always thought if you got your head in front of the player, it wasn't clipping ... Reiter hits the front part of the guy's thigh.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

Holtz should suspend him. He should have been yanked from the game. That was shameful. He's lucky he didn't seriously injure the Rutgers guy.

Holtz should have pulled him from the game for getting blown up almost the entire night. The play above may have been a response to what the DL with Rutgers was doing inside to him and his brethren by the RU DL. Unfortunately, the RU folks won't want to show those instances so I'll give him a pass on this but not his overall play. If we didn't have another option at center, I could see why they left him in. I personnally would like to see the close ups of the Rutgers DL on USF's OL to see exactly what was happening in that scrum for the entire game. This RU puke that keeps lurking around here d may not like it though.

Holtz should have pulled him from the game for getting blown up almost the entire night. The play above may have been a response to what the DL with Rutgers was doing inside to him and his brethren by the RU DL. Unfortunately, the RU folks won't want to show those instances so I'll give him a pass on this but not his overall play. If we didn't have another option at center, I could see why they left him in. I personnally would like to see the close ups of the Rutgers DL on USF's OL to see exactly what was happening in that scrum for the entire game. This RU puke that keeps lurking around here d may not like it though.

Yeah the thought occurred to me that it was probably retaliation for something, but I don't think it really matters, personally. Two wrongs, and all that. This was a dirty hit that could have done serious injury and it was totally uncalled for, away from the ball with the guy's back turned to him. Nothing the Rutgers guy could have done justifies that. If a Rutgers player had done the same thing to a USF player, I know I'd be calling for his head.

There are cheap shots, and then there are specific attempts to hurt someone. This is definitely the latter.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Whah, whah, whah. If we dissected every play of the game Butgers got off easy. Dirty FB sometimes gets a dirty response.Go cry somewhere else, troll.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

Yeah the thought occurred to me that it was probably retaliation for something, but I don't think it really matters, personally. Two wrongs, and all that. This was a dirty hit that could have done serious injury and it was totally uncalled for, away from the ball with the guy's back turned to him. Nothing the Rutgers guy could have done justifies that. If a Rutgers player had done the same thing to a USF player, I know I'd be calling for his head.

There are cheap shots, and then there are specific attempts to hurt someone. This is definitely the latter.

And you KNOW this because of this short little clip? You've ascertained his state of mind from that? Please!!