Wow ND to the ACC! Now what for the BE?

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Who said FSU agreed to buyout, supposedly there were a few wjo voted against and needed Pitt and Cuse votes to pass.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

My math is NBC will be paying ND $25 mil a year for the tv rights of ND in its current form with a new agreement. ESPN will be paying ND $15 mill a year for those 2-3 tlevised football games that will be home ACC games and all three tiers of bball and other sports. Therefore their tv contract will be $40in mil a year total.

The Big 12 was working for FSU, Clem, and ND (as 12.5 just like this ACC deal), Clem took their selves out of talk, and ND just chose ACC.

Do I think realignment is done, no it will be soon if BE signs with NBC with a GOR, which UL will never agree too.

How bad (how much $ ) does ESPN want to kill BE off is when its done.

so NBC is giving ND an extension. that has nothing to do with ACC deal. if anything that guarantees ND will not join ACC as full member.

when did ESPN start paying road teams? that doesn't happen. ever. home team gets tv money.

ND will get ACC money for olympic sports. that replaces money ND was getting from espn for big east olympic sports. not sure what ACC share is but if they get $20M for everything, I doubt they are only getting $5M for football. i.e. they are not getting $15M for olympic sports.

Who said FSU agreed to buyout, supposedly there were a few wjo voted against and needed Pitt and Cuse votes to pass.

show me anything but some tweet from a wvu fan.

there is no way a school would sign a contract that would allow a majority of programs to trap them into a league they didn't want to be in.

if that were the case then why didn't the BE trap pitt and syracuse? or why don't we trap UofL now?

sorry but you are just rehashing some internet rumors from some guy in his basement.

if fsu wanted to move or if the big 12 wanted them then it would have been done before any vote was taken.

fact is fsu and clemson are smart. they don't want to play in a conference that is nowhere near their region. they don't wnat to play in backwater texas and oklahoma towns.

NBC is giving extension for ~ $25mil ayear.

ACC deal is $17 mil, for all sports for all three tiers, this why FSU is pissed because ND will get $15left mil a year. This is the game ND was playing with both ACC and Big 12.

This is more about killing BE for ESPN, and saving ACC, thus the $50 buyout.

I told you in the end 5 conferences would be standing, now I am convinced its ACC over BE.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

My math is NBC will be paying ND $25 mil a year for the tv rights of ND in its current form with a new agreement.

The NBC contract runs through 2015. Why would they renegotiate now?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Link?

Also remember BE tried to trap WVU after TCU, Pitt and Cuse left.

USF needs to tie themselves now with UL in my opinion and fight for Big 12, because ESPN wont let them stay in BE, unless it costs way to much.

USF 's best shot is if FSU does not come up with money, (including letting UL help them)

ACC deal is $17 mil, for all sports for all three tiers, this why FSU is pissed because ND will get $15left mil a year. This is the game ND was playing with both ACC and Big 12.

This is more about killing BE for ESPN, and saving ACC, thus the $50 buyout.

I told you in the end 5 conferences would be standing, now I am convinced its ACC over BE.

dude you told me fsu and clemson were all but in the big 12. you're rehashing some tweets from some anonymous wvu fan.

taking ND olympic sports from BE will not kill BE football. it might hurt value of olympic sports for BE but it doesn't hurt football at all.

If FSU was pissed why did they vote for ND? if FSU wanted out why didn't they leave?

show me a link where ND is getting $15M for their olympic sports. I'd be pissed if i was an ACC member. they are saying that their football is only worth $2M.

Also remember BE tried to trap WVU after TCU, Pitt and Cuse left.

USF needs to tie themselves now with UL in my opinion and fight for Big 12, because ESPN wont let them stay in BE, unless it costs way to much.

USF 's best shot is if FSU does not come up with money, (including letting UL help them)

dude you're delusional.

so FSU is going to come up with $50M this week that they could have avoided last week if they just left then??? you know how dumb that sounds.

"uh Jethro, you know if we had left last week we wouldn't have had to come up with this $50M...duh"

BE just wanted WVU to abide by the contract they signed. we didn't take some 2/3rds vote that said you had to give us a zillion dollars. you guys agreed to it. in fact i believe you guys actually wrote the **** agreement.

all this is is espn keeping the one piece of ND that they can. their olympic sports. big deal. sure it hurts that it won't be part of our NBC deal and it will cost us some but it won't destroy the conference.

Archived