Game Saturday is it on local TV

Rizman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I know FiOS doesn't have any shows that they produce themselves but they do have open channel slots. I am sure that if they wanted to they could take the feed that ESPN3 is producing and broadcast it on one of those available channels.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

I know FiOS doesn't have any shows that they produce themselves but they do have open channel slots. I am sure that if they wanted to they could take the feed that ESPN3 is producing and broadcast it on one of those available channels.

Could they? .... And I'm asking because I really don't know, from a technology standpoint. Would they need some sort of production facility, which I don't know if they have .... or is it as simple as switching a switch?

I would assume it is as easy as taking the feed from ESPN (which they obviously have because it is on ESPN3) and routing it onto one of their channels. Just like when these cable providers go thru these "negotiation" processes with stations and they pull the station for a little bit and put another in it's place. It just happened with Bright House when they were going thru a bidding war with WMOR and on that channel for like 3 weeks was HBO Family instead of WMOR.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

I would assume it is as easy as taking the feed from ESPN (which they obviously have because it is on ESPN3) and routing it onto one of their channels.

I'm not sure we can assume they're getting a feed from ESPN3 they could do something like that with considering it's Internet only ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

The UConn - UMass game was listed as being on the "Big East Network" and it was on BHSN locally. So BHSN is the local affiliate for the BEN, but they won't show USF games this year because of the Verizon sponsorship?? Help me understand this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/35756/big-east-predictions-week-1

The UConn - UMass game was listed as being on the "Big East Network" and it was on BHSN locally. So BHSN is the local affiliate for the BEN, but they won't show USF games this year because of the Verizon sponsorship?? Help me understand this.

http://espn.go.com/b...dictions-week-1

no- I imagine BHSN will still air some USF games(they did last year and that same verizon partnership was in place). It is just that as you mentioned- UConn was the game of the week and BHSN is also choosing to air Plant High vs Jesuit tonight.

• Content Count:  1,985

I only have Brighthouse due to the past games only shown on Brighthouse network. Does USF still have that relationship with Brighthouse? If not, I am going to switch to Verizon.

Don't think so. BHSN is supposedly going heavy into high school sports and dropped us.

No. Verizon got the new sponsorship agreement and BHN does not have the broadcast anymore.

• Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

Doesn't look like its blacked out on espn3

Archived