A reason to not OCS so quickly

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I have zero clue what UCF's new stadium tailgating is like, but To suggest tailgating at RJS is close to the experience of tailgating on a campus is absurd.

RJS is nice and all, but it's nothing like that campus experience.

Please explain how tailgating will be so much better on our campus ...

its also an opportunity to go back to the place you graduated.... see familiar places and see the changes on a regular basis.... Seeing campus flooded with people and folks tailgating in lots/fields (on campus of course) would be really cool to see...

some of you guys need to go to away games and see what its like...

I second this motion... its sad that so many Bulls fans think that tailgating at RayJay can compare to a traditional game day atmosphere at the other top caliber colleges that we claim to be part of.

Is it possible to like both for what they are?

Most Bulls games I've been to in recent years have been away games. I've even been to UGA and GA Tech and both of those are on campus. Yes, tailgates, at GA Tech for instance, happen outside of lecture halls and student life buildings. Yes, they are enjoyable. Plenty of places to play a game of cornhole or pickup football before the game, drink some cold beers, grill out, etc.

Tailgating at RJS is fine also.

Just ask yourself this question: when you're with your friends, you have an ice cold beer in your hand, a smoked meat of your choice in the other, and you're getting ready to watch some live football ... does the location REALLY matter that much?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

smh. Leave it to Bull94 to dig up links and figures to refute someone's OPINION. Geez, man, just quit already.

hmm BBM said it was a fact, not speculation.

sorry I didn't know we shouldn't bring facts into an argument. just misinformed opinions I guess.

What you should have done was ask for HIS definition of great parking. That could be pretty subjective. If what he considers great parking is ONLY available to top donors then what he said was fact.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I have zero clue what UCF's new stadium tailgating is like, but To suggest tailgating at RJS is close to the experience of tailgating on a campus is absurd.

its also an opportunity to go back to the place you graduated.... see familiar places and see the changes on a regular basis.... Seeing campus flooded with people and folks tailgating in lots/fields (on campus of course) would be really cool to see...

I second this motion... its sad that so many Bulls fans think that tailgating at RayJay can compare to a traditional game day atmosphere at the other top caliber colleges that we claim to be part of.

Is it possible to like both for what they are?

Most Bulls games I've been to in recent years have been away games. I've even been to UGA and GA Tech and both of those are on campus. Yes, tailgates, at GA Tech for instance, happen outside of lecture halls and student life buildings. Yes, they are enjoyable. Plenty of places to play a game of cornhole or pickup football before the game, drink some cold beers, grill out, etc.

Tailgating at RJS is fine also.

Just ask yourself this question: when you're with your friends, you have an ice cold beer in your hand, a smoked meat of your choice in the other, and you're getting ready to watch some live football ... does the location REALLY matter that much?

I have no problem with tailgating at Ray Jay (In someone's yard). ;). Like I've said different strokes, for different folks. If we stay at Ray Jay, cool, if we build an OCS (sonner rather than later) , cool. Just win baby!!

If you read back through the thread, you'll see there are those who HAVE been to away games and seen the holy on-campus tailgating and still think it's not THAT much better, overall, than the set up we have at RayJay.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

For time time being, it'd be nice for the lots to open in the morning (maybe even just a couple select lots). Charge $20 if you park between 8am and 2pm and $15 afterwards if they're afraid of the extra costs.

Plus, you're immediately surrounded by hundreds of other Bulls fans, flying the colors .... if parking beside some buildings with USF on them mean so much more than that to you,, I'm not sure what to tell you.

For time time being, it'd be nice for the lots to open in the morning (maybe even just a couple select lots). Charge $20 if you park between 8am and 2pm and $15 afterwards if they're afraid of the extra costs.

It all depends on the kickoff time, but I disagree, they should do "early bird specials" for the lots that would open early. If they're filling up too fast, then they can change the price to go a little higher.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

It all depends on the kickoff time, but I disagree, they should do "early bird specials" for the lots that would open early. If they're filling up too fast, then they can change the price to go a little higher.

I'd love for it to be less, but I know they'd want to make money for the extra staff and security. I also think students should get discounted parking, maybe $5.

I'd love for it to be less, but I know they'd want to make money for the extra staff and security. I also think students should get discounted parking, maybe $5.

Several of the lots in downtown Atlanta do early bird specials for parking at the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke, CNN Center, children's museum and Centennial Park. It's not a lot less, but it works well and encourages people to get an early start. Better to ensure you get paid for all you have than charge too much and have some empty spaces later.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

no need for an ocs for 15 years and than not unless usf is in a big boy conference and has been winning conference championships

Archived