• Topic Count:  2,401
  • Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

Welcome aboard Chase, looking forward to watching you in 2015/16

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

I'm excited to have this kid join our team. We got Bench, White and Litton so far for the future. The future is starting to look brighter on QBs. No more Floyd or Eveld.

I'm sure the kid will be fine. He's still young and he will have his emotions in check by the time he joins the team or the team will make sure that he does. I'm sure he's not having many issues though.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Bottom line is that he seems excited to play for USF and he wanted to make sure he has a chance to play for us. I want guys who WANT to play for USF

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Congrats Mr. Litton, and welcome to the team!

Good luck this fall, stay healthy and get that diploma.

Looking forward to watching you play for the BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  577
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

i'm just glad we seem to be rebuilding some depth at QB

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Days Won:  0

Great get !   Welcome aboard and bring your TT buddies !

• Topic Count:  577
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

Lets just see what happens. I was able to watch Litton as a freshmen at WHS and you could see the potential he had then. With any Pro Style QB you need guys around you (at least an OL) to be successful

Litton is a good get but in my opinion we need a 2nd QB in this class.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Some notes on Chase Litton.

1.  First the bad. I have seen two suggestions of immaturity. One was an admission by Litton himself, who quit Team Tampa a year ago because he was unhappy with his role on the team. He apologized to his teammates, admitted it was an immature thing to do, and now he's been back on Team Tampa as the starter. The second suggestion came from a video report post-Elite 11 camp in Atlanta. The guy offering the report I think is connected with the Elite 11 program and he mentioned that Litton looked like probably the best pure passer in Atlanta but he also mentioned there are "off field issues" for him to sort out. EDIT: Derr, stupid me I should've just googled "Chase Litton arrest" to see if there was anything there. Sure enough. Burglary in December of 2011. This is definitely the elephant in the room as far as why offers are not flowing in from bigger schools. Seems like he's learned from it but you don't know until he continues to stay out of trouble for a long time. It has been about a year and a half since then though. That's a lot of time without incident. He does a good job in interviews emphasizing his character growth.

2.  Another bad. I've seen reports of inconsistency in his throwing. Guys that have watched him over periods consistently note it. He rocked the Elite 11 camp in Atlanta (winning the "Golden Gun" award for hitting the most stationary and moving targets) but reportedly wasn't as good in Columbus when Dilfer invited him to participate in another Elite 11 camp.

3.  Back to the good. There are mechanical traits in his throwing, his height and the way he carries himself that remind me a little of Peyton Manning. He's tall and has a very relaxed hold position. Keeps his head nice and high, shoulders down and relaxed, both hands on the football up at chest level with a nice triangle hold. He's not going to be a Peyton because of these things. But consistent mechanics lead to consistent performance. Consistency is something he needs to work on, so I think he has a good foundation upon which he can build.

4.  Physically he's compelling. The height is always a plus. It's not always necessary but it's almost always a plus. He's got a nice stroke and a heck of an arm. I don't know how consistent this is but the highlight reels show a ball at 45+ yards that doesn't lose energy on the tail end or float. You probably do have to start at the height and arm strength because they're important physical traits for a quarterback, but I also like that he has live feet. He moves the feet, resets them, and is pretty athletic. You see it better in his basketball videos. He's a well coordinated athlete, not necessarily fast but very comfortable. He seems fine when he's forced to move and throw, doesn't seem awkward at all. As a defense, when you get him on the move and finding targets that are tagging their initial routes, you still consider him dangerous. You don't go full commit to the ball. He's good enough throwing on the move that you have to stay plastered to the receivers.

5.  Considering some of the other guys the Bulls are looking at, and what their stats look like (specifically guys like Michael O'Connor, Alin Edouard and Wanky Flowers), I like that Litton has already been consistent enough to be effiicient. I'm showing that O'Connor is at 56/73 for 604 yards, 1 TD and 4 INTs. I'm showing Edouard and Wanky both with sub-50% completion and virtually 1:1 touchdown to interception ratios. High school stats don't mean a lot, you don't get much better than Michael White's efficiency at University School for example, but it's comforting to see Litton had a 58% completion with 8.9 yards per attempt, 23 TDs and 10 INTs with 4 more rushing TDs.

6.  As I outlined before, he performed well at Elite 11 camp in Atlanta and caught Trent Dilfer's attention. Dilfer said he knew he was good from watching his tapes but he didn't realize he was that good. He personally invited him to the Columbus camp just because he wanted to see him throw again. I was a little surprised he didn't get the invite to the finals. Further, you look at his work with Team Tampa this year, who are the defending IMG 7-on-7 Madden National Champions, and he's performed well. They lost to Unsigned Prep in the Southeast Regional tournament, in the semi-finals, but it was supposedly tight and Unsigned Preps are supposed to be a big rival that should also compete well for the National Championship. I've heard reports that his underneath passing is looking a lot more crisp. The National Championship by the way starts in 4 days on June 21st through June 23rd.

He will be a fun prospect to continue to track.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Have to correct myself again. I'm a little unclear on exactly who Team Tampa lost to in the IMG Regionals but I think they lost to Top Recruits of Orlando during the first day, when Top Recruits went for a 2-point conversion in overtime and barely squeaked the ball between two defenders. I don't know if Team Tampa lost again on the second day but they finished fourth where the top four qualify for Nationals. I think South Florida Express was sent to the losers bracket on the first day and needed more wins to climb back up but managed to do it and took top seed. The Florida Fire was second I think. Top Recruits came in third and Team Tampa fourth.

But supposedly some of these teams hold back their playbooks a little bit in anticipation of the national tourney so we've yet to see how well Litton will help Team Tampa defend its National Title.