Bailey On USF/UCF: "A Healthy, Respectful Rivalry"

NAM37

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,503
  • Days Won:  0

This is definitely a natural rivalry and will be a fun one. I take great pleasure in beating UCF and will look forward to playing them in the future. To me it seemed like we had more of a rivalry with WVU than Rutgers with us beating each other multiple times.

I always felt the WVU games was becoming a rivalry.... RU is the only school I truly hate; that all comes from the "forward fumble" game....

You didn't hear about the ban on posting about the BOGUS" fumble call ? Shame on you ! WV games were great.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  711

Y'all are so funny....Triple B, especially. He's in so much denial that I bet he still hopes that USF can find a way to turn down playing UCF, even while both are in the same conference. Look the BE is on VERY shakey grounds and they will need to develop some strong rivalries within the conference to promote. USF/UCF is the first one everyone sees at the most natural and the Big East and whoever the new TV contract ends up with will do their best to play it up. So no matter how much you try to put down the idea of there being a rivalry or not between UCF and USF...the media and the Big East conference are going to promote it as one nationally, whether you like it or not. The perception you dreamt of having when when you played and beat FSU and Miami and hopes the garnering a rivalry with them will be dashed away, the day UCF beats USF. And UCF will have that chance over and over and over again, annually. Meanwhile, Miami, FSU and UF have not contacted USF or UCF about any further matchups in the future past the current contracts. They are doing their best to make sure that UCF and USF are alone as rivals for each other, just like we like seeing FIU and FAU teamed up. This is what they've wanted since USF and UCF became 1-A football schools.

So guess what...you can be miserable and mope around about not wanting UCF as a rival or USF, or just go out and enjoy college football and do your part by showing up and cheering on your team, no matter who is playing. I lived in Tampa for 7 years and never met a USF fan that didn't want to play UCF, regularly. They loved that atmosphere of those games. USF has never had any "real" rivalry...this is what college football is all about!! It's only the few fans like some of you on this board that have some sort of sense of entitlement for USF, as if they were the chosen ones. Now that that "chosen one" luster seems to have worn off...facing reality seems a bit too difficult.

Glad you realize we are the Chosen one.

For a while there I was wondering what the deal was...especially how much ESPN loved you guys. It was like they practically adopted you, themselves and did their part in raising you. But now that ESPN hates the Big East....USF won't be an exception and wil also have to deal with ESPN's smearing of the Big East.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Y'all are so funny....Triple B, especially. He's in so much denial that I bet he still hopes that USF can find a way to turn down playing UCF, even while both are in the same conference. Look the BE is on VERY shakey grounds and they will need to develop some strong rivalries within the conference to promote. USF/UCF is the first one everyone sees at the most natural and the Big East and whoever the new TV contract ends up with will do their best to play it up. So no matter how much you try to put down the idea of there being a rivalry or not between UCF and USF...the media and the Big East conference are going to promote it as one nationally, whether you like it or not. The perception you dreamt of having when when you played and beat FSU and Miami and hopes the garnering a rivalry with them will be dashed away, the day UCF beats USF. And UCF will have that chance over and over and over again, annually. Meanwhile, Miami, FSU and UF have not contacted USF or UCF about any further matchups in the future past the current contracts. They are doing their best to make sure that UCF and USF are alone as rivals for each other, just like we like seeing FIU and FAU teamed up. This is what they've wanted since USF and UCF became 1-A football schools.

So guess what...you can be miserable and mope around about not wanting UCF as a rival or USF, or just go out and enjoy college football and do your part by showing up and cheering on your team, no matter who is playing. I lived in Tampa for 7 years and never met a USF fan that didn't want to play UCF, regularly. They loved that atmosphere of those games. USF has never had any "real" rivalry...this is what college football is all about!! It's only the few fans like some of you on this board that have some sort of sense of entitlement for USF, as if they were the chosen ones. Now that that "chosen one" luster seems to have worn off...facing reality seems a bit too difficult.

As usual, Goldie, you're exhibiting the reading comprehension impairment that seem to be a trait with you assclowns. When you're in the conference it will turn into a rivalry because of what will be at stake when we play. The only thing at stake up to this point was Internet bragging rights and some neighborhood jawing and if you think that's what real rivalries are made up of,you're as clueless about college sports, football in particular, as some of our younger fans seem to be ...

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I wish we had an emoticon giving the hand job sign

That's more than a bit middle schoolish...are you 12 years old?

My response to you sir... I bid you good day

We use to have a loser emoticon that was pretty much exclusively used for Kannigits but it's no longer here ..... this one should work, though.

loser-smiley_design.png

• Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

The only thing at stake up to this point was Internet bragging rights and some neighborhood jawing and if you think that's what real rivalries are made up of,you're as clueless about college sports, football in particular, as some of our younger fans seem to be ...

Please tell us what your written in stone rules of real rivalries are that we "younger bulls fans" are clueless about. Thanks.

• Content Count:  24

Come on guys...I hear people say 4-0 all the time...

shouldnt a Big east team beat a CUSA team pretty much 99% of the time...wouldnt it be considered an upset if UCF had beaten USF one of those 4 times...

Do you honestly want to know why the average UCF fans have a problem with the average USF fans...the same reason UF and FSU have problems...the schools are close, you went to 1 school and not the other...its the same thing when 2 high schools that are right next to each other have fights...for anyone in the West palm area, its the same thing when gardens and dwyer play, its the same thing with palm beach lakes plays suncoast, its the same thing that happens when pahokee plays glades...

I went to all 4 games, and i can say that the crap given out was worse (from what I saw) at the UCF campus game (for the big even what did you think would happen if you set up in the middle of the UCF students). the worst I got it was at the 2nd RayJay beatdown...I got it from parents with kids going in and coming out...the 1st 2 games were pretty uneventful for me...

anyways if you ask the people in the forums (the people on forums are usually a hardercore fan IMO) they will tell you (UCF fans anyways and I am in this lot) that you guys got in to the big east because of politics and you hadnt paid any dues in football yet..you were only a 10 year old program and had done nothing to merit the HUGE jump in recruiting or status...You guys got in because the big east wanted a florida team and your school played the game, but your football team hadnt earned the trip...USF fans basically say, SO EFFING WHAT...yes it is sour g****s from UCF fans but thats the hand we were given...

anyways aside from the texas game (we lost) and the UNC game (we won) the USF games were to me the most fun and most loud games we had...

One a side note, I really dislike your PA system at games as one can only play welcome to the dungeon so many times on 3rd down before one wants to scream THIS IS A GD COLLEGE GAME, have their GD band play...not as annoying as the cowbells though...

The only thing at stake up to this point was Internet bragging rights and some neighborhood jawing and if you think that's what real rivalries are made up of,you're as clueless about college sports, football in particular, as some of our younger fans seem to be ...

Please tell us what your written in stone rules of real rivalries are that we "younger bulls fans" are clueless about. Thanks.

One written in stone rule is that you don't have to convince a large segment of your fanbase that it is one ... Another is there has to have been at least one murder committed in the name of it.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Come on guys...I hear people say 4-0 all the time...

shouldnt a Big east team beat a CUSA team pretty much 99% of the time...wouldnt it be considered an upset if UCF had beaten USF one of those 4 times...

Do you honestly want to know why the average UCF fans have a problem with the average USF fans...the same reason UF and FSU have problems...the schools are close, you went to 1 school and not the other...its the same thing when 2 high schools that are right next to each other have fights...for anyone in the West palm area, its the same thing when gardens and dwyer play, its the same thing with palm beach lakes plays suncoast, its the same thing that happens when pahokee plays glades...

I went to all 4 games, and i can say that the crap given out was worse (from what I saw) at the UCF campus game (for the big even what did you think would happen if you set up in the middle of the UCF students). the worst I got it was at the 2nd RayJay beatdown...I got it from parents with kids going in and coming out...the 1st 2 games were pretty uneventful for me...

anyways if you ask the people in the forums (the people on forums are usually a hardercore fan IMO) they will tell you (UCF fans anyways and I am in this lot) that you guys got in to the big east because of politics and you hadnt paid any dues in football yet..you were only a 10 year old program and had done nothing to merit the HUGE jump in recruiting or status...You guys got in because the big east wanted a florida team and your school played the game, but your football team hadnt earned the trip...USF fans basically say, SO EFFING WHAT...yes it is sour g****s from UCF fans but thats the hand we were given...

anyways aside from the texas game (we lost) and the UNC game (we won) the USF games were to me the most fun and most loud games we had...

One a side note, I really dislike your PA system at games as one can only play welcome to the dungeon so many times on 3rd down before one wants to scream THIS IS A GD COLLEGE GAME, have their GD band play...not as annoying as the cowbells though...

Our PA does suck; no argument here sir. I don't think we play welcome anymore though

• Content Count:  711

One written in stone rule is that you don't have to convince a large segment of your fanbase that it is one ... Another is there has to have been at least one murder committed in the name of it.

Triple..you think there's a large amount of your fanbase that needs convincing that there's a rivalry...but I think you're wrong. I think a lot USF fans hate UCF naturally and whenever I have run into any, I get boos from and snarls from them. I never, get any "I don't care about UCF" attitude...they always thought a rivalry would emerge eventually and a lot of them would welcome it. It's the minority of fans like you, Triple that hate the idea. USF fans like you think they're actually still a member of the "Big 5" and the "Big 5" knows it...but they're telling USF to basically "hang tight" for now.

Well, UCF now has a chance to get back those wins vs. USF and if there's ever one final expansion into the "Big 5 Club" in 4 years to finish it all off...UCF has just as much of a chance to prove themselves, beat USF to possibly win that edge and win the Big East. Just as good of a chance as any chance USF has and USF doesn't have any way to out-recruit UCF, anymore. UCF already has 4 solid commits from the Tampa Bay area and looking at more. USF did have opportunities to win the Big East and go to a BCS Bowl...even got as far as #2 and blew it. Maybe it's just time for UCF to step USF aside and do something, for a change.

Archived