Bailey On USF/UCF: "A Healthy, Respectful Rivalry"

NAM37

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

beating UCF means everything now.

This is not meant to be confrontational, but do you mean that statement for you, the players, or the fan base.... Beating UCF will be important as it would pertain to the conference, but I just see this rivalry as joke...

Only way we can maintain a semblance of being above them is to consistently beat them year in and year out as a conference member.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

This is not meant to be confrontational, but do you mean that statement for you, the players, or the fan base.... Beating UCF will be important as it would pertain to the conference, but I just see this rivalry as joke...

Only way we can maintain a semblance of being above them is to consistently beat them year in and year out as a conference member.

BINGO!

• Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

they'll come a time when UCF will beat us, I hope its not soon and its after I'm gone(fyi I'm 23 and my life expectancy is around 82) so there's that.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

how exactly is it a joke?

we passed them, now they caught up to us; a rival is defined by many things (distance being one of them), but I still do not feel we add value to our program by playing them. Yes, we have too now, but I just laugh at the fact (hence the joke) people get so fired up to play them.... I just see zero value in it...... we all have opinions, yes opinions are like ********, but this one is my opinion; right or wrong.... I still see Rutgers as more of a rival that what UCF will ever be based upon competition

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen too many people on this board fired up to play UCF.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Recruiting...this is why beating "them" is so important. Despite the fact that most of us dislike (I am being kind) UCF, they recruit and seek out the same talent that we do (sometimes they win out on a recruit, and more often than not we win out on a recruit). Therefore, continuing to maintain our undefeated status against UCF is very important for recruiting.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

how exactly is it a joke?

we passed them, now they caught up to us; a rival is defined by many things (distance being one of them), but I still do not feel we add value to our program by playing them. Yes, we have too now, but I just laugh at the fact (hence the joke) people get so fired up to play them.... I just see zero value in it...... we all have opinions, yes opinions are like ********, but this one is my opinion; right or wrong.... I still see Rutgers as more of a rival that what UCF will ever be based upon competition

they didn't "catch" us... that implies they played their way up to our level... we more backed our way down to them. But the 4-0 record still shows they aren't on the same level yet. But they h ave a better chance to be there now since they are in the same league.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

My wife and I were standing in line at the ESPN club at Disney's Boardwalk. We started talking to the couple in front of us. In the course of the conversation, we find out that the girl was a school teacher. My wife mentioned that she's a USF Alumn, girl gets ALL KINDS OF PISSY. "I went to a real school". I hate ucf.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

You just confirmed our demotion.... ugh.

Word.

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

As long as the stadium is full and loud I will be happy. Tired of seeing seats empty and uninterested fans.

Archived