Big East Baseball Tournament

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Days Won:  2

Three games in 24 hours was a lot to expect. St Johns was rested and we were not . Bulls went father than anyone expected

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

6 to 3 St. Johns. Our pitching stinks.

Thought they should have kept Barbosa in. He settled in nicely after a bad 2nd inning.

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Wow...do you guys expect to win every game? You realize we had to play two extra games? Give them some credit for getting out of the loser's bracket. That was a feat in itself. I'd love to win the tourney, but St Johns had the better team. They beat us 3 out of 4 games this season. Much like we beat UConn 5 out of 6. They do play baseball in other parts of the country. Credit to St Johns. And for the guy that said our pitching stinks......check out the last 3 box scores from the tournament. Pitching was the only reason we were playing today. Our hitting has been brutal all year. Go back to my posts from February and March. Or the ones from before this tournament. I spelled it out for you. I said I like our chances with our deep pitching staff, but we would need timely hitting. We didn't get the timely hitting for the most part. We did it with mirrors yesterday (had no right winning either of those games due to the pathetic offense). Pitching got us through this tournament like it has all year.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Even so, we were playing for the BE championship on the final day of the tourney. Nice to still be relevant this late.

Forgive me for my brashness and perhaps I'm a bit too emotional right now, BUT I'm tired of the "at least we got to this point" talk. It SHOULD be "WE WON!"

I'm tired of "maybe next year" too. Softball was a nice change of pace.

perhaps you should join the baseball team if you want to change the results.

I love when people criticize college kids for putting forth their best efforts. maybe you shouldn't live vicarously through them and accomplish something on your own?

• Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  1

Even so, we were playing for the BE championship on the final day of the tourney. Nice to still be relevant this late.

Forgive me for my brashness and perhaps I'm a bit too emotional right now, BUT I'm tired of the "at least we got to this point" talk. It SHOULD be "WE WON!"

I love when people criticize college kids for putting forth their best efforts. maybe you shouldn't live vicarously through them and accomplish something on your own?

Maybe I don't live vicariously through college kids. It's possible I have a life of my own and am just a fan and alumni who wants to see better end results. Could be possible. And I'm not criticizing the kids. Never specifically called anyone out. Never said Barbossa sucked or anything. Simply said the end result was frustrating and disappointing. And I know those kids would say the same thing. And I would join the team, but I just graduated (which, btw, is something I accomplished on my own), so unless I go back for graduate studies I'm stuck on the side.

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Well ETA if you want better results and since you just graduated don't forget to donate generously to the athletic department. Making it to the final and losing when not expecting to make the final and not even making the tourney last yr is not choking. Its actually over achieving. However its about dang time this baseball team makes it to the BE final when its been in USF's backyard for nearly a decade it seems. IMO Prado has under achieved mostly until this weekend. Hopefully the success will continue. Looking at our Bulls record vs FL teams makes getting past a super region very daunting.

• Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  1

Well ETA if you want better results and since you just graduated don't forget to donate generously to the athletic department. Making it to the final and losing when not expecting to make the final and not even making the tourney last yr is not choking. Its actually over achieving. However its about dang time this baseball team makes it to the BE final when its been in USF's backyard for nearly a decade it seems. IMO Prado has under achieved mostly until this weekend. Hopefully the success will continue. Looking at our Bulls record vs FL teams makes getting past a super region very daunting.

No worries there. I've already joined the Alumni association and am already working with them on developing new traditions. But I'll hand over my check for 2 million as soon as everyone else here does.

The baseball team did a good job this year, but they could do much better.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Maybe I don't live vicariously through college kids. It's possible I have a life of my own and am just a fan and alumni who wants to see better end results. Could be possible. And I'm not criticizing the kids. Never specifically called anyone out. Never said Barbossa sucked or anything. Simply said the end result was frustrating and disappointing. And I know those kids would say the same thing. And I would join the team, but I just graduated (which, btw, is something I accomplished on my own), so unless I go back for graduate studies I'm stuck on the side.

I'm willing to bet there were none more disappointed than the guys playing for USF. coming on a message board and whining like a little ***** when they are the ones who put in all the hard work and traning is bush league. grow up.

I bet you couldn't play for them even if you tried otherwise you would have led us to a college world series last year, right?

• Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

6 to 3 St. Johns. Our pitching stinks.

Thought they should have kept Barbosa in. He settled in nicely after a bad 2nd inning.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the switch happening. I think that Barbosa's relief hitting two batters confirms that thought.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm willing to bet there were none more disappointed than the guys playing for USF. coming on a message board and whining like a little ***** when they are the ones who put in all the hard work and traning is bush league. grow up.

I bet you couldn't play for them even if you tried otherwise you would have led us to a college world series last year, right?

I wouldn't have said it quite that way, but I couldn't agree more with Bull94.

You can bet our BaseBulls left it all on the field, and they'll never quite forget the pain of being so close, but not being able to close it out. Our pain as a fan, is nothing cmopared to their pain as a player.

I, for one, am damned proud of how far they made it this year.

Go Bulls!

Archived