Janarion Grant, ATH/CB Pasco HS

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

Screw our academic committee

I'm told that #Rutgers freshman WR Janarion Grant is "one of the most explosive players ever to come to Rutgers". Will play from game 1.

I think most would consider Rutgers a better school academically than USF.  Don't blame the academic committee, he didn't even get a chance to face them, the kid liked Rutgers and decided it was the best place for him.

Unfortunately BW has it right on this one.... Grant wanted to come to USF... our staff was advised by the committee that he wouldn't get in so they went in a different direction. This was the academic committee from day one.

Is this fact or just a gues?

I third that it was the reason why they didn't pursue him. Not for the lack of wanting him. smh

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

This might help... From February - Pasco HC had some kinda beef with USF right after signing day.

Reading tweets from HS coaches and players about USF junior day. I had no idea they were having one.

I guess USF won't be interested in Nate Craig-Meyers Or Brandon Ray or Brandon Debyah or Malik Johns or 6'5 1/2" TE Bowman Archibald

Yeah we'll they have always done a stellar job recruiting at PHS. Never recruited Josh Johnson, Mylon Brown, Jamie Byrd, David Emmanuel

Took a fly by with Janarion Grant though

oh and USF don't forget 6'6" 240lb OT RJScaife and Ajee Carr

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I'm told that #Rutgers freshman WR Janarion Grant is "one of the most explosive players ever to come to Rutgers". Will play from game 1.

I think most would consider Rutgers a better school academically than USF.  Don't blame the academic committee, he didn't even get a chance to face them, the kid liked Rutgers and decided it was the best place for him.

Unfortunately BW has it right on this one.... Grant wanted to come to USF... our staff was advised by the committee that he wouldn't get in so they went in a different direction. This was the academic committee from day one.

Fact... confirmed it again this afternoon. We wanted him and he wanted to be here... AC gave the indication it wasn't going to happen.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Southy and bw and everybody else is correct. We were interested, and then we weren't. Skippy stopped when he found out.... Total BS...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,143
  • Days Won:  109

Fact... confirmed it again this afternoon. We wanted him and he wanted to be here... AC gave the indication it wasn't going to happen.

Just curious.  Who comprises this AC of which you speak?  I know a person from admissions that works with the athletic department (at least until she was let go during baseball season).  So other than her replacement who is on the committee?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Allow bronson and be redeemed ac

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Just curious.  Who comprises this AC of which you speak?  I know a person from admissions that works with the athletic department (at least until she was let go during baseball season).  So other than her replacement who is on the committee?

I don't know. All I was told then... and confirmed yesterday... was that the staff (Holtz at the time) was advised by the AC that he probably wouldn't make it past them so they backed off.

• Topic Count:  2,401
  • Content Count:  21,565
  • Days Won:  10

AC committee can't give someone a break.   I really did better and better every year in college.  I got into the groove and figured it out.  Can't believe Rutgers would take him and we could not.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I believe the AC was quietly disbanded earlier this year. Thought I read that somewhere here.

Do not know who was on committee.

Skip avoided lots of kids who were marginal academically and took few chances. Not sure he ever fought the committee for a recruit. In comparison Leavitt did successfully and unsuccessfully (kamron joyer who did get into UL).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,143
  • Days Won:  109

I ask because I've heard that there really isn't a committee as we know one.  Just the admissions office letting the Athletic Dept know whether or not the kid gets in.

Edited by CousinRicky