Link for USF Signing Day Central

Ricky the Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

we just went from "average" to "solid"

Lol, they are both the same to me. Tashon and Kam are both average recruits, but they won't catapult us up in the rankings. We'll still be around 5/6. Average class either way. There you go man.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  312
  • Days Won:  0

we just went from "average" to "solid"

Lol, they are both the same to me. Tashon and Kam are both average recruits, but they won't catapult us up in the rankings. We'll still be around 5/6. Average class either way. There you go man.

Lol I am just stirring the pot man - at least you aren't making an absurd JuCo argument ;)

• Content Count:  3,814
  • Days Won:  3

The class is average/solid whatever you want to call it. So many junior college kids - when the class wasn't big to begin with - is concerning, but Holtz probably knows his job is on the line if he produces another losing season, so he's mortgaging the future a bit. I have no real problem with it, hopefully he wins big over the next couple years and when it comes time to replenish the juco's we can get more highly touted HS players.

• Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

Guys, we are USF not an SEC school or Florida State. It is going to take years for us to grow. We need to win the Big East then some how get into a bigger conference. We need to in the future build an on campus stadium. It all takes time. Yeah, while we had a tremendous growth under CJL for a period, maybe we will get another jump with CSH. The future is bright, keep supporting (sending money & attending games) and we will continue to grow.

• Content Count:  312
  • Days Won:  0

Guys, we are USF not an SEC school or Florida State. It is going to take years for us to grow. We need to win the Big East then some how get into a bigger conference. We need to in the future build an on campus stadium. It all takes time. Yeah, while we had a tremendous growth under CJL for a period, maybe we will get another jump with CSH. The future is bright, keep supporting (sending money & attending games) and we will continue to grow.

I was agreeing with you all morning, and you had to go and mention the dang OCS - aint no money - aint no way its happening any time soon with the way the economy looks.

• Content Count:  3,814
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not aware of anyone saying this is a "bad" class or that we won't support them, or anything like that.

The class is average, solid, it's status quo. Some of us are just pointing it out that this isn't some elite class, even for USF, as some have tried to claim.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

Again, I think bringing some of those JC players is good. We definitely have immediate needs. But the more heavy you are on JC's, the less 4-year players you have. We're set to graduate a large percentage of the two-deep. Bringing in a lot of JC's helps us next year, but not down the road. I worry it sets us up to take some steps back a few years from now, which I wrote about earlier in this forum. I think the lack of a QB recruit is a big worry, for example. Once BJ graduates, you've got Eveld, Matt Floyd (no experience yet), and then nobody behind that. Not a ton of competition, and meanwhile nobody new to learn from BJ in his last year here. There's a reason you don't see big programs usually signing a ton of JC recruits. I'm glad we plugged some holes with JC's, but you can't REALLY argue with me here about JC's in general.

• Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

Clearly, the JC argument is not absurd. If you think so, feel free to poll all BCS coaches and argue with them if you don't like the reasons they shy away from JC-heavy classes.

• Content Count:  3,184
  • Days Won:  12

Support drives perception which drives recruiting which drives wins.

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Awesome that Davis signed! Ok with our class. I just hope not getting a star QB or RB will help us for next year

Archived