Link for USF Signing Day Central

Ricky the Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  312
  • Days Won:  0

I agree, it's a smaller class. All the more concerning that there are so many JC's for the future. Not worried about the rankings as much as I am the lack of our ability seemingly to capitalize on recent progress by bringing in more highly regarded talent. I'm not a believer in stars and rankings so much, and I do believe a hungry lower-rated player can be coached up to outperform a more highly regarded player (which is how we've gotten to where we are) but I also believe that in general, more natural talent (see: Jason Pierre-Paul) can make it easier to have success with coaching and on the field.

JPP = JuCo transfer that played one year - come on man... make your argument consistent

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,520
  • Days Won:  1

I hate ESPN. They don't give a rat's ass about USF nor the Big East.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

JPP came in on a year we did not bring in a ton of JC's. A few here and there are helpful. I was using JPP to make the argument that more natural talent can make coaching and winning come easier and is a sign of progress that more highly regarding players are interested in USF. The fact that JPP was from JC does not make my point inconsistent.

• Content Count:  4,879

if most of these juco's play serious minutes next year this will have been a solid class

• Content Count:  4,503

2 four start players, in the past people on the board would have been excited and said this is a B- class. Now we are down in the C's.

As a "whole" class and nationally, this class is very average. We're around 6th out of 8 teams in the weakest BCS conference, so I don't think I'm being harsh. Therefore, that's why I gave it an average grade.

Won't be sixth with Davis and Whithurst

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

This class, although small, pulled in some serious skill players and it helps address some depth at some key positions. I anticipate Holtz and company have already been working to get some key players for 2013 at QB, RB, LB, and CB.

JPP came in on a year we did not bring in a ton of JC's. A few here and there are helpful. I was using JPP to make the argument that more natural talent can make coaching and winning come easier and is a sign of progress that more highly regarding players are interested in USF. The fact that JPP was from JC does not make my point inconsistent.

Look at the positions we are bringing in JC transfers in for - OL, DB, RB, and 1 DL - these are need positions -

we are losing Sr. Leadership on the OL - AND we are bringing in young talent with Kam Davis & Kofi Amichia

we need Depth at RB

we got ravaged in the secondary last year AND we are bringing in young talent at DB with a SOLID recuit in Chris Bivins along with Jalen Spencer (Who i don't know much about)....

So I am not understanding why you think these JC transfer's are so bad/not needed

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

2 four start players, in the past people on the board would have been excited and said this is a B- class. Now we are down in the C's.

As a "whole" class and nationally, this class is very average. We're around 6th out of 8 teams in the weakest BCS conference, so I don't think I'm being harsh. Therefore, that's why I gave it an average grade.

Won't be sixth with Davis and Whithurst

Tashon and Kam are both solid recruits, but they won't catapult us up in the rankings. We'll still be around 5/6. Solid class either way.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm actually excited to see what kind of impact, if any, last year's offensive lineman will make next season. Between last year's and this year's classes, I'm hoping to see a drastic improvement in offensive line play. I think that's why USF has struggled to run the ball since the Andre Hall years.

we just went from "average" to "solid"

Archived