• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I know he was at the spring game.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Tell me South Florida just successfully recruited Wakanoho Toshinori to play defensive line. Please tell me that's true.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Someone with access can check if he is currently enrolled.

1058525.jpg

Soslan Gagloev

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=6248451

I know he was at the spring game.

Yep.

1060151.jpg

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/1180310.html

• Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Seriously, if this guy is coming to USF, that's pretty god **** awesome.

I would think other major schools are on his trail though. Maybe they're afraid of his being new to football and his past. He was kicked out of sumo wrestling for possession of marijuana. He changed his story quite a few times when it came to who he was smoking with and also with respect to allegations he made of match-fixing in a sumo magazine. He sued the sumo wrestling federation to try and stay in the league, then dropped the suit with a settlement of about $80k. Later he made allegations of match-fixing and said he was forced to accept bribes to throw fights. Then he recanted, apologized, and claimed he only said those things because the magazine in question promised him that he would be back in sumo wrestling within a week if he made those allegations. Then later, he recanted again and said the match fixing allegations were true after all, and this time he claimed that his first recanting was because the sumo federation promised him to make good on his retirement payments if he recanted his original allegations. He said they renegged on their promise of the retirement payments and that's why he is reiterating the initial allegations of cheating (which I believe have been fairly evidenced to actually be true).

Anyway it's a big hairy mess but it doesn't change the fact that yeah you can call this guy raw because he's a sumo wrestler and all that, but he's a 23 year old man amongst boys so to speak and he's got better instincts for hand placement and striking than probably any recruit the school could bring in from high school, and that is born out by his Webber film. Just don't expect him to have a firm grasp of the rules, hence the roundhouse kick he performed on the ball carrier at the 1:21 mark of the highlight tape that was linked earlier in the thread, lol.

I'm telling you though, I effing love it. Not just from a football standpoint. I'd make signs for this dude if he were starting games, lol.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Also I'm hoping he actually comes through on his promise to get to the NFL and does what is needed to get there. I watched a documentary on Sumo wrestlers and they are well trained athletes in their own rite, and if he has that dedication, he will become a scary athlete with our food and nutrition program and weight training programs.

This is also a case were the athlete is actually bigger than listed, no way this guy is 280, unless he's 5'8. Q came in a lot bigger but didn't go through the rigorous training and nutrition programs(if you want to call them that) that he has so the sky could be the limit with this kid, he definitely is top heavy which is nice to see for once. Who knows I remember we had a similar situation with a German kid, but I'm going to give this kid the benefit of the doubt after having at least performed at a competitive level of some kind.

I really would love to see us use the 3-4 with him if he pans out, think about who we have returning at LB and all four deserve playing time, plus would allow Lanaris to be on the field to lead everyone.

Remember, he was a World Class Freestyle wrestler before he trained in Sumo. He has to have some severe discipline to have gone from that to Sumo to FB? I wrestled in HS and some in College. In HS, the FB coaches made the wrestling team mandatory for some of their FB players. They usually never turned out to be great wrestlers, but they learned to leverage their weight and learned balance.Extremely important to Linemen. Our FB team won GA top classification 2 of the 4 years I was there. The wrestlers worked the hell out of those FB players. For anyone that doesn't know, wrestlers, swimmers and soccer players are considered some of the best conditioned athletes in all of sports.

Also I'm hoping he actually comes through on his promise to get to the NFL and does what is needed to get there. I watched a documentary on Sumo wrestlers and they are well trained athletes in their own rite, and if he has that dedication, he will become a scary athlete with our food and nutrition program and weight training programs.

This is also a case were the athlete is actually bigger than listed, no way this guy is 280, unless he's 5'8. Q came in a lot bigger but didn't go through the rigorous training and nutrition programs(if you want to call them that) that he has so the sky could be the limit with this kid, he definitely is top heavy which is nice to see for once. Who knows I remember we had a similar situation with a German kid, but I'm going to give this kid the benefit of the doubt after having at least performed at a competitive level of some kind.

I really would love to see us use the 3-4 with him if he pans out, think about who we have returning at LB and all four deserve playing time, plus would allow Lanaris to be on the field to lead everyone.

Remember, he was a World Class Freestyle wrestler before he trained in Sumo. He has to have some severe discipline to have gone from that to Sumo to FB? I wrestled in HS and some in College. In HS, the FB coaches made the wrestling team mandatory for some of their FB players. They usually never turned out to be great wrestlers, but they learned to leverage their weight and learned balance.Extremely important to Linemen. Our FB team won GA top classification 2 of the 4 years I was there. The wrestlers worked the hell out of those FB players. For anyone that doesn't know, wrestlers, swimmers and soccer players are considered some of the best conditioned athletes in all of sports.

Some good pics of him working out

21543_285606021962_1735198_n.jpg.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.285601811962.176738.214416986962&type=3#!/media/set/?set=a.285601811962.176738.214416986962&type=3

• Content Count:  9,778
  • Days Won:  8

I know some of you are saying he's slow, and won't be racking up sacks, but with his wrestling background I can see this guy putting some moves on the opposing o-line and breaking through a lot more than an average d-lineman... Even if he's slow it will be putting extra pressure on the QB having a 330# guy running right at you. I think he'll be great.

His FB page still shows Webber.

http://www.facebook.com/soslan.gagloev

Archived