Darryl Richardson QB(2013), Armwood HS, Seffner, FL

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  577
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

How the hell did James Few from Plant High School end up having to go to Cornell, with Lehigh being his only other offer? Seriously.

i agree...very good player

I'm looking at this highlight of Plant versus Armwood to try and see some more of Darryl Richardson, and I can't take my eyes off the Plant quarterback. Holy cow his feet were fast, extremely quick thinker, and even has a pretty good arm. Then he takes off to his left and switches the ball from his right hand to his left hand and throws a spiral for a completion off the scramble? You kidding me? Sure enough I look up who he is and it turns out he's a state champion in his only season starting for Plant High and the season he had statistically is right there with the likes of Robert Marve and Aaron Murray, other Plant QBs that were state champs. 1400+ SAT and 6.0+ GPA.

Well, Cornell will certainly enjoy having him.

So, here's a crazy idea. Maybe he was more interested in a great education than football.

blasphemy

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

How the hell did James Few from Plant High School end up having to go to Cornell, with Lehigh being his only other offer? Seriously.

i agree...very good player

I'm looking at this highlight of Plant versus Armwood to try and see some more of Darryl Richardson, and I can't take my eyes off the Plant quarterback. Holy cow his feet were fast, extremely quick thinker, and even has a pretty good arm. Then he takes off to his left and switches the ball from his right hand to his left hand and throws a spiral for a completion off the scramble? You kidding me? Sure enough I look up who he is and it turns out he's a state champion in his only season starting for Plant High and the season he had statistically is right there with the likes of Robert Marve and Aaron Murray, other Plant QBs that were state champs. 1400+ SAT and 6.0+ GPA.

Well, Cornell will certainly enjoy having him.

So, here's a crazy idea. Maybe he was more interested in a great education than football.

Like the guy before said, his only other offer was from Lehigh. They thought he should have been receiving FBS interest.

• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Like the guy before said, his only other offer was from Lehigh. They thought he should have been receiving FBS interest.

And you know this from him or the family?

Lehigh and Cornell are two of the most prestigious universities in the country. It could be that he did not get other offers because they knew he was headed to an Ivy League school. No school is going to offer a kid that won't talk to the staff.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

How did the Darryl Richardson, thread, turn into a debate over the merits of an Ivy league education. Somebody wants to talk about James Few and his choice, start a thread. :backtotopic:

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

How did the Darryl Richardson, thread, turn into a debate over the merits of an Ivy league education. Somebody wants to talk about James Few and his choice, start a thread. :backtotopic:

NO. THIS IS THE INTERNET!

:hijack:

From Scout tweeting at IMG

I know Armwood's Darryl Richardson thinks he's a qb, but he's a MONSTER TE #img7v7

I must confess, that was my very first thought when I saw him on film.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

Lehigh and Cornell are two of the most prestigious universities in the country. It could be that he did not get other offers because they knew he was headed to an Ivy League school. No school is going to offer a kid that won't talk to the staff.

Because there are no great academic FBS institutions. I find it hard to believe a 17 year old kid would say no to even receiving FBS offers.

• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Because there are no great academic FBS institutions. I find it hard to believe a 17 year old kid would say no to even receiving FBS offers.

If my kid had to choose between Lehigh, Cornell and USF or UF, that kid would be running to one of the first two. No brainer.

Edited by DataBull

If my kid had to choose between Lehigh, Cornell and USF or UF, that kid would be running to one of the first two. No brainer.

If my kid had to choose, He would choose, because right or wrong, I would trust that he did what was right , because of the way I brought him up.

• 5 months later...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Anything new on this kid?

JoeyHomeTeam Joey Knight

#Armwood WR/QB Darryl Richardson has been offered by #WesternKentucky, per his mom. Offer is to play QB, per his mom. #Hilltoppers

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/143122/darryl-richardson