Do you want Temple in the Big East? Yes or No?

charsibb

Do you want Temple in the Big East?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

They destroyed Maryland and almost took Penn State. If they can get by Toledo and Ball State the next two weeks, they should cruise to the MAC title game.

If there are no other moves in the ACC/SEC/B1G/B12, would you want to invite Temple?

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

meh...pretty indifferent. I would prefer ECU or Navy personally.

• Content Count:  2,048
  • Days Won:  2

I would not object after the way they handled MD.

• Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Yes over Nova. They are clearly heading in the right direction.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Temple, ECU, Houston

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

I think Temple has corrected themselves and is now committed to long term success in football.  They also would be a good add for basketball if they wanted to come onboard.

I favor going to 12 teams for football, adding Navy, Houston, SMU, East Carolina, and Temple. 

SMU and Houston are on the up and up and were good programs in the old Southwest Conference, which would have been a BCS league in the modern day.  Navy has been strong over the past few years and brings a national audience.  East Carolina brings in North Carolina and Virginia - at least puts us on TV there.

This expansion would give us a good footprint in Texas, Florida, the Northeast, Virginia, North Carolina, and into South Carolina.  We would have several big metro areas - at least access to them:  Philly, Houston, Dallas-Ft. Worth, NYC.  WVU would continue to give us access to western PA. 

SMU is finally on the road to recovery and is a solid program.  And according to some friends from Texas, SMU, Houston, and TCU will pull well, especially if in a BCS conference.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

I think Temple has corrected themselves and is now committed to long term success in football. 

If that's true, I wouldn't mind them at all ... but could this just be residue left over from Golden?

• Content Count:  579

I said yes because they are one of the betters in a bad situation.  Two games does not make them great but we would get the Philadelphia market without the utter shut football for 5 or 6 years.

• Content Count:  270

No, unless there are no other viable alternatives.  Temple was asked to leave for a reason.  It's wonderful they are in Philadelphia...but I would view taking them back as a desperate act and a show of profound Big East weakness.  The Maryland game was just as much a function of Maryland being a mess as it was Temple having improved.

• Content Count:  1,204

I think Temple has corrected themselves and is now committed to long term success in football. 

If that's true, I wouldn't mind them at all ... but could this just be residue left over from Golden?

I think Steve Addazio can do a good job for them.  We can expect to see them recruit in Florida. 

Archived