USF vs FAMU in-game thread

BULLSHTR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

USF 1's > FAMU > USF 2's

This is worrisome. Hopefully they'll practice well and get some good reps in the 2nd half of UTEP. We need good depth for conference play.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  554
  • Days Won:  0

Why does everyone want to break the Wesleyan record?  What is that going to prove?  USF shouldn't throw another pass the rest of the game. 

Won't prove a thing but you don't often get a chance to break a team scoring record. It would be nice to see it.

Let's see it against a BE team, like Pitt or Cuse ... not a MEAC team that we are severely overmatching.  

Jesus, quit whining about who we were playing. We scored more points than any D-1 in the country. Voters in polls notice 70 points. We want votes. It's how you get to the big dance.

I love the enthusiasm, but we are a very long way from the big dance.  Take in some of the Oklahoma - FSU game to see the level we need to get to.

You are correct, but we don't have to play a team nearly that good the rest of the season.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Why does everyone want to break the Wesleyan record?  What is that going to prove?  USF shouldn't throw another pass the rest of the game. 

Won't prove a thing but you don't often get a chance to break a team scoring record. It would be nice to see it.

Let's see it against a BE team, like Pitt or Cuse ... not a MEAC team that we are severely overmatching.  

Jesus, quit whining about who we were playing. We scored more points than any D-1 in the country. Voters in polls notice 70 points. We want votes. It's how you get to the big dance.

I love the enthusiasm, but we are a very long way from the big dance.  Take in some of the Oklahoma - FSU game to see the level we need to get to.

You are correct, but we don't have to play a team nearly that good the rest of the season.

Until we get to the MNC, you mean!  >:D

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I wish we could score this much on Pitt and give them a major beat down.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You need to get over yourself, Reefer.  70 points is plenty.  I'm not saying don't score 70, I'm saying don't shoot for 80 to break a record.  We've made our point.  It doesn't matter that we scored more than any D-1 in the country, there were a lot of big matchups today and ours doesn't qualify as one.  We just need to win and look good - today ... mission accomplished.  Scoring 80 points on FAMU is not going to impress anyone.  

We'll get votes, don't worry.  USF looks like the best team in the BE right now and that's what we want.  

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

watching OU and FSU. FSU's OL is a mess.

• Content Count:  554
  • Days Won:  0

Until we get to the MNC, you mean!  >:D

chickens_hatch.jpg

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

You need to get over yourself, Reefer.  70 points is plenty.  I'm not saying don't score 70, I'm saying don't shoot for 80 to break a record.  We've made our point.  It doesn't matter that we scored more than any D-1 in the country, there were a lot of big matchups today and ours doesn't qualify as one.  We just need to win and look good - today ... mission accomplished.  Scoring 80 points on FAMU is not going to impress anyone.  

We'll get votes, don't worry.  USF looks like the best team in the BE right now and that's what we want.  

Just for info's sake, my young friend. It's not "reefer" it's from the Great Barrier. I didn't think we needed to score 80 either, Skip was just trying to get game situations for his subs.  As far as big matchups, most teams took cripples their first couple weeks. We took on one of the biggest challenges in CFB to start the season. They gamed the system as hard as they could, they minimized the win, but I and I sure hope you know that we physically beat up ND. Beat them the f*** up.. On our field we would dominate FSU. Period. We are better conditioned, we have avoided injury and drama and we are monsters on STs and in TOD. Nobody, I mean NOBODY in the country would want us on their dance card right now, especially if they had to come here. We aren't real deep, but the ones play the whole game in the big ones and our ones play with anyone.

• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Maybe, maybe not.  I'll bet West Virginia and Miami would beg to differ.

In any case, we aren't nearly good enough to assume we will go undefeated and need style points to get into the top two. 

Let's talk about rankings when we get into late November.

• Content Count:  3,185
  • Days Won:  1

Is 70 points a new USF game record?

No. In USF's first ever game, they beat D-II Kentucky Wesleyan 80-3. USF jumped straight to I-AA in their first season, instead of starting in D-II or D-III like every other team before USF. Good planning contributed to that.

Oh yeah, I knew the Inaugural Game was high scoring, but couldn't remember the exact number.

Archived