Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hey so when does ESPN air all their Elite 11 footage? Bulls fans will be wanting to see that even more now.

Elite 11 coverage will air in two parts on ESPN August 7 and 14.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Hey so when does ESPN air all their Elite 11 footage? Bulls fans will be wanting to see that even more now.

Elite 11 coverage will air in two parts on ESPN August 7 and 14.

Thanks. Bulls coaches should make sure to let their recruiting targets know they should watch. ;-)

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

Awesome showing and I couldn't be happier for him. He seems like such a great kid in every interview I have seen him do.

Think about this. Matt Grothe broke Pat White's Big East all purpose yardage record. BJ Daniels is on pace to easily break Grothe's record this year. Woulard has about as wide open a door as you will ever have at a BCS program to be a 4 year starter. Even if he has to red shirt next year, he should be the starter for the next 4 years after that...he is going to have a shot to break Daniel's record. Think about that. Pat White, Mike Vick, etc... all played in the Big East and USF could have the top 3 all time total yards leaders in Big East history.

Probably getting ahead of myself, but that is a real possibility here. Pretty amazing stuff.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

Awesome showing and I couldn't be happier for him. He seems like such a great kid in every interview I have seen him do.

Think about this. Matt Grothe broke Pat White's Big East all purpose yardage record. BJ Daniels is on pace to easily break Grothe's record this year. Woulard has about as wide open a door as you will ever have at a BCS program to be a 4 year starter. Even if he has to red shirt next year, he should be the starter for the next 4 years after that...he is going to have a shot to break Daniel's record. Think about that. Pat White, Mike Vick, etc... all played in the Big East and USF could have the top 3 all time total yards leaders in Big East history.

Probably getting ahead of myself, but that is a real possibility here. Pretty amazing stuff.

Dare to dream big ...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Just curious Mr. Woulard did you help Asiantii with his development(were you a former QB)? For only one yr playing at that position I was shocked(in a good way)when I saw his highlight film and against quality opponents, I knew he was going to be a great QB but was curious if you or someonelse has been working w/ him during his down time? To win a competition like that it basically means you have all the tools and at the highest level, which would be the fastest progression of a player I have ever seen. I didn't think he looked that raw last yr and liked his footwork and touch he had throwing the ball. Especially his ability to keep the play alive but I guess that is more of a natural reaction when you are that athletically gifted.

Also, if that is true about your son not liking the BE and prefering the SEC it is more than understandable but I would recommend really looking into it in terms of his strengths and weaknesses as the SEC has the best Defenses in the nation. It can be a lot for someone to take in(especially an 18yr old)with everyone expecting amazing results right away. Those Defenses can play man to a T which allows for more complex blitzing/coverage schemes(NFL caliber) that create uneven matchups that can cause havoc on a QB's psyche. The study sessions alone will be draining, let alone still trying to develop your game and go to school.

Whereas in the BE you can pick apart a defense a lot easier running the spread with someone athletically gifted as AW is either through the air or on the ground(ex. Teddy Bridgewater, Geno Smith). The pro's of coming to USF would be the ability to develop his game at a reasonable pace, run an offense he is familiar with, surrounded himself w/ exceptional WR's(one being very familiar) and the expectations will not be high next yr as we know it will most likely be a rebuilding yr with all of the Sr. talent we lose. Plus the ability to play close to home in front of family in one of the top NFL stadiums is priceless.

I know it comes off sounding biased being a USF alum/fan but I actually grew up watching SEC football and am a UF fan as well(hard not to be when your Grandparents lived there for 50 yrs, one teaching there and all their kids went there). I just don't want to see him end up like the two QB's UF recruited two yrs ago where both were in the top of their class and had to face last yrs Bama D. I was at that game and I felt bad for those kids as they had no chance against that D. They never really showed me anything the rest of the yr and who knows how that affected them mentally going forward. They basically were thrown to the wolves that game and I don't think either will ever rebound from it.

In my opinion let him develop his game the right way and not rush into anything and be allowed the proper time to put together the whole package. Obviously our track record shows we are loyal to our QB's and allow them to develop instead of giving them one shot and then moving on to next yr's recruit. Also ask yourself where were these other schools before he won this competition? USF has shown it's character by standing by even when he wasn't sure and still stuck by him when he decided to come back and to me loyalty is a rare commodity these days especially in college football! Looking forward to him suiting up in the Green and Gold!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957

Here's some irony for ya...written by Rivals of all groups....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/highschool/07/22/rivals-elite-11-quarterbacks/index.html

A ranking of the QBs in the Elite 11 heading into the final day. They rank Asiantii Woulard #1, ahead of Shane Morris, Max Browne and Christian Hackenberg.

This would be the same Rivals that has yet to give Asiantii a fourth star. ;-)

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423

Here's some irony for ya...written by Rivals of all groups....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/highschool/07/22/rivals-elite-11-quarterbacks/index.html

A ranking of the QBs in the Elite 11 heading into the final day. They rank Asiantii Woulard #1, ahead of Shane Morris, Max Browne and Christian Hackenberg.

This would be the same Rivals that has yet to give Asiantii a fourth star. ;-)

They can keep their little star, Twinkle, Aug 7 he'll shine like the Sun

fa1b1212d47c11e1a0d822000a1c9e24_7.jpg

THE 2012 ELITE 11

20m image_normal.jpg Asiantii Woulard â€@Asiantii_2

The Elite11 was a once in a lifetime experience, learned a ton & got an opportunity to the best coaching & meet some great people. #RipIt

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Awesome!!!!!! Never been more excited aboit the future of usf!!!!