Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,164
  • Days Won:  109

Excited to get this guy on the team. Wouldn't shock me if he starts at some point as a Freshman

Barring injury, I don't see him playing much let alone starting. BJ is the starter and, if he stays healthy, they will try to redshirt him and use the Evelds and Floyd for fill-in, mop-up duty.

BJ will be gone.

Head slap to myself. Mind hasn't been in the game lately.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Never come back for your senior season if you can get drafted in your junior year. Too big a chance of a injury. Take the money and run. Finish your degree when you're old.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Never come back for your senior season if you can get drafted in your junior year. Too big a chance of a injury. Take the money and run. Finish your degree when you're old.

But what if you go from a projected 7th round pick after Junior year to 1st round after Senior? Or wind up like Scott did, not even getting drafted after leaving early.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

But what if you go from a projected 7th round pick after Junior year to 1st round after Senior?

By defiition, that's not possible - 'cause you're already gone! (cue the Eagles!)

Or wind up like Scott did, not even getting drafted after leaving early.

Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the tree.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

And sometimes you are just the bark.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

There's no re-inventing the wheel here. There is a valid process in place for determining whether you should come out or not. You submit your paperwork for an Advisory grade and those guys are good about telling you where exactly you may be taken. If it's pretty high then you can easily make a case for coming out early. If it's not, then you'd better stay in school and get your diploma.

People think the NFL is this windfall as if once you sign that first rookie contract you're set for life. That's BS. Average NFL careers are less than 4 years which means on average you're not going to survive to see your second contract. Meanwhile between taxes, fees and expenses (even living frugally) you're going to come out of that rookie contract with maybe a couple hundred thousand in the bank. Then what? You're 25 years old, not 65 years old. You've got an awful lot of living you're going to be doing post-NFL. You have to get a job. Oh, but you've got no diploma because you left school early, and the unemployment rate for non-graduates is like 15-20%. Oops.

Too many kids trust agents who say all the right things to try and get their business. They trust Draftniks, many of which have no effing clue what they're talking about. Just submit for an Advisory grade. If you're a great prospect, they'll tell you.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  423

[media=]

Now there's the rawness coming through. Accuracy pretty scattershot in that video because his footwork was all over the place. Feet not really in tune with the routes. Some extra steps, some bad angles. Seemed to lose confidence after a few bad throws, affected how he threw in the rest of the session.

Definitely a bad day in the rain. I have had the benefits of seeing him play many 7 on 7 this was way off from his "usual" USF last year was awesome going 15-0 IMG was great Disney, spectacular, space coast shootout rockledge Champs pretty much MVP at everyone he attends has always made the finals if he didn't win. We'll take a bad day its all usually on point so the rawnesss showing up may be contributed to something personal he brought there with him along with the rain. Careful to pull out the raw card to soon you could see this same thing in any QB college or NFL doesn't mean rawness . just one video. watching Vlll at Disney get routed I could have assumed he was over hyped and raw but ya can't judge by one outting. My unbiased opinion of course Lol

Edited by Woulard

Can't wait to see what he does at IMG this Sat if we don't get rained out. Gonna be fun if he shows up as usual.

[media=]

Now there's the rawness coming through. Accuracy pretty scattershot in that video because his footwork was all over the place. Feet not really in tune with the routes. Some extra steps, some bad angles. Seemed to lose confidence after a few bad throws, affected how he threw in the rest of the session.

Definitely a bad day in the rain. I have had the benefits of seeing him play many 7 on 7 this was way off from his "usual" USF last year was awesome going 15-0 IMG was great Disney, spectacular, space coast shootout rockledge Champs pretty much MVP at everyone he attends has always made the finals if he didn't win. We'll take a bad day its all usually on point so the rawnesss showing up may be contributed to something personal he brought there with him along with the rain. Careful to pull out the raw card to soon you could see this same thing in any QB college or NFL doesn't mean rawness . just one video. watching Vlll at Disney get routed I could have assumed he was over hyped and raw but ya can't judge by one outting. My unbiased opinion of course Lol

my opinion he didn't show up! His energy level sucked! Ill just say sometimes we bring the swag but leave everything else in the bag. you better believe we had a long convo about that outting.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Orlando NFTC: Asiantii Woulard Highlights 817-grey.gif

Publish Date: Today, 04:00 PM ETDuration: 01:21

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8104173