Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Too cool.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Winter Park QB Asiantii Woulard earns prestigious Elite 11 camp invitation

By Brendan Sonnone | For the Sentinel

7:51 p.m. EST, June 22, 2012

Winter Park’s Asiantii Woulard has just one year of experience playing quarterback, but he has shown enough potential in that time period to be considered as one of the nation’s top prep signal callers.

Woulard, who has committed to USF, was announced as an invitee for the Elite 11 quarterback camp during Thursday’s selection show on ESPNU.

The camp consists of the who’s who of rising senior quarterbacks, putting Woulard in elite company, as the event title indicates.

“It’s a high honor to compete against the best,†Woulard said. “To see what they do well that I don’t, learn from them, add to my game. I want to rise to the occasion and just get better.â€

Woulard (6-3, 205) will compete against 24 other quarterbacks from the 2013 recruiting class in Redondo Beach, Calif., from July 18-22. Former NFL quarterback and ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer leads a group of camp counselors that traditionally includes accomplished college quarterbacks.

Dilfer spoke highly of Woulard during the selection show.

“I call him my high ceiling guy of the group,†Dilfer said. “Asiantii’s only been playing quarterback for one year. His ceiling is so high because he’s a fluid athlete and has a beautiful stroke. Most importantly to me, he’s a fierce competitor that has a thirst to learn. This guy has only been playing quarterback for one year and has made these kinds of strides, imagine how good he will be when he is coached at South Florida by Coach [skip] Holtzand his staff. We think Asiantii Woulard is going to be a tremendous success in college and maybe even the NFL.â€

Woulard, who watched the selection show, was ecstatic when he heard Dilfer’s analysis.

“That’s a big confidence booster,†Woulard said. “I got a lot to live up to, and I can’t let anybody down.â€

Woulard transferred to Winter Park from Orlando Freedom last offseason having never been more than a part-time quarterback.

But several strong performances during the summer seven-on-seven circuit put him on the recruiting radar and he received his first scholarship offer from USF before his junior season.

With lofty expectations, Woulard didn’t disappoint last year, although he didn’t set the world on fire either, throwing for 1,570 yards, 15 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He did show enough promise though to earn a four-star (out of five) rating from national recruiting sites such as Scout.com and 247Sports.com.

Although the accolades are something Woulard takes note of, he doesn’t want to get transfixed by just how far he’s come in a year.

“I move forward and don’t worry too much about the past,†Woulard said. “Of course I reminisce slightly a little bit, like ‘man I was at Freedom playing receiver just my sophomore year,’ but I don’t do that too much.â€

Elite 11 coverage will air in two parts on ESPN August 7 and 14.

Former Orlando Dr. Phillips standout Nick Patti, who is now a quarterback at Boise State, participated in the Elite 11 last summer.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-06-22/sports/os-asiantii-woulard-earns-elite-11-invite-20120622_1_nick-patti-first-scholarship-offer-elite

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Excited to get this guy on the team. Wouldn't shock me if he starts at some point as a Freshman

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,165
  • Days Won:  109

Excited to get this guy on the team. Wouldn't shock me if he starts at some point as a Freshman

Barring injury, I don't see him playing much let alone starting. BJ is the starter and, if he stays healthy, they will try to redshirt him and use the Evelds and Floyd for fill-in, mop-up duty.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Barring injury, I don't see him playing much let alone starting. BJ is the starter and, if he stays healthy, they will try to redshirt him and use the Evelds and Floyd for fill-in, mop-up duty.

He comes in next year... unless something crazy happens I'd say he'll probably be starting from day 1.

• Topic Count:  342
  • Content Count:  3,714

BJ will be gone.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114

Woulard will likely be in at some point in his freshman season. Floyd or Eveld will be the starter going into spring practice and then at some point it wouldn't shock me to see him overtake 1 of them. We will see

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

We'll see. I think Floyd may have something to say about a freshman Asiantii Woulard playing right away. But it won't be that long before Asiantii gets in there.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114

We'll see. I think Floyd may have something to say about a freshman Asiantii Woulard playing right away. But it won't be that long before Asiantii gets in there.

I hope Floyd is very competitive and puts up a good fight. I want to see the best of both of them.