Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I'm starting to see why some folks in this thread are always making fun of people being butt-hurt over this whole thing. It's not being an Indian giver to rescind a verbal commit that you gave to one coaching staff, if that team fires that coaching staff and hires another one. He committed to playing for Skip Holtz not Willie Taggart.

I thought he also recommitted then decommitted after Taggart. It is fine to change your mind. The problem came up when he was bleeding green and gold then suddenly decided to change once he got some more attention. It is a shame he would be a good fit with Taggart but this Mike White kid is looking pretty good, at least good enough to get us through 1-2 years before Taggart does some more recruiting magic. It would be nice is AW decided to still come on board, he could really make a name for himself here but there will be more QB's in our future and I have great confidence in our new coach putting this team back on track. 

Never heard anything about committing to USF after Willie Taggart was hired. I don't think that was ever the case. I think when the coaching staff was fired, just like 99% of all recruits out there, the verbal commit was rendered void and he would've had to choose to re-commit in order to come to USF.

The kid's grown up a USF fan and then he committed to the program. Of course he bled green and gold. But he's got an NFL future to protect and look out for. You have to make decisions that go beyond loyalty to a set of laundry. It's called being an adult.

nope, he didn't grow up a USF fan, he grew up a UF fan.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe AW thinks he's good enough to unseat the existing UCLA QB.

Certainly he was told the standard talk of "the starting position is wide open every year, and you have a good chance to get it"

An inflated sense of self-importance is often all you really need for success. Just ask The Donald...

The context that I don't understand UCLA-over-Clemson is a kid that wants to start ASAP. Truth be told, going to UCLA would probably be the best thing for his long term NFL future if he does indeed have one. But you rarely find kids patient enough to delay their gratification that much. I'm very surprised he doesn't look at UCLA and see Brett Hundley as a redshirt sophomore, and look at Clemson and see Tajh Boyd as a senior, and thing to himself I should go to Clemson because I'll be starting by 2014. That wouldn't necessarily be the most mature decision but it would be the most understandable within the context of an impatient, highly touted high school product wanting to play.

Jim Mora was an NFL coach and he turned UCLA around quicker and more drastically than anyone could have expected. Choosing them over Clemson would speak of a very adult mixture of confidence, patience and foresight. That's why I don't "get" the decision. It's not a very common one.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

By the way the "stories" that are now coming out about Asiantii, coincidentally at the same time that it looks like he's now leaving USF behind as a potential destination, all speak of more butt-hurt. That kind of thing happens too much. "You can't dump me, I'm dumping you!"

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Using the word "butt-hurt" does more harm in your argument than good.  For the love of god we're college graduates, right?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Using the word "butt-hurt" does more harm in your argument than good.  For the love of god we're college graduates, right?

quit being butthurt

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  19

sphincters are tight.

• Topic Count:  2,401
  • Content Count:  21,566

If you didn't put things up there it would not hurt.   :)    

Moving on

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Jo Jo Kemp announces tonight, maybe he will choose USF, its one of his 4 schools.

And if he doesn't, it's butthurt squared...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

By the way the "stories" that are now coming out about Asiantii, coincidentally at the same time that it looks like he's now leaving USF behind as a potential destination, all speak of more butt-hurt. 

Just for your information, the one speaking of "stories" is the Tampa Bay Times USF beat writer Greg Auman, who is one of the most objective voice that exists when it comes to the Bulls.  Butthurt does not apply to him.  

• Topic Count:  2,401
  • Content Count:  21,566

Jo Jo Kemp announces tonight, maybe he will choose USF, its one of his 4 schools.

And if he doesn't, it's butthurt squared...

He is not, he is going to Kentucky and wants to enjoy not ever winning a SEC title.