Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,056
  • Days Won:  20

Yeah, he is committed in spirit only...  

You calling him an alkie? Committed to the spirits?

No, he's native American, committed to the rain dance and the peace pipe.  Just like Elizabeth Warren.   :D

Yes, that is why he was an Indian giver on his verbal commitment  :)    

Good for AW, he needs to go where he will be happy and achieve his potential.    If he wants to go to a school where he will be a footnote rather than a Hall of Fame Alumni that is his choice. 

This. If he's as good as advertised, makes some noise in the Spring Game, and is the starter come August, there will probably be a 90-minute+ line to get his autograph at Fan Fest, at least there was for Grothe and Daniels the past few years. Not sure what UCLA's fan day is like, but I'm not sure there'd be much demand for the 2nd or 3rd string QB.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

The only thing I can think is maybe he's convinced that Jim Mora will be the new Pete Carroll in the Pac-12. That even though Asiantii will have to wait two years before he has a legit opportunity to play (and in those two years he'll have to fend off new, possible 5-star recruits), it will be worth it because UCLA should be such a powerhouse that he'll be better off. I dunno. Could be the line of reasoning there.

• Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I'm starting to see why some folks in this thread are always making fun of people being butt-hurt over this whole thing. It's not being an Indian giver to rescind a verbal commit that you gave to one coaching staff, if that team fires that coaching staff and hires another one. He committed to playing for Skip Holtz not Willie Taggart.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm starting to see why some folks in this thread are always making fun of people being butt-hurt over this whole thing. It's not being an Indian giver to rescind a verbal commit that you gave to one coaching staff, if that team fires that coaching staff and hires another one. He committed to playing for Skip Holtz not Willie Taggart.

**** you and your logic! Can't you just let us irrationally hate a teenager and make ******* comments about him behind his back?

• Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

This is what cracks me up.  Jim Mora did not coach Michael Vick.  Mora caved into whatever Vick did.  Mora had no control over Vick and after Mora was fired Vick got in trouble for dog fighting.  To me he is another "just" coach who is the son of another famous coach.  However, he is doing well at UCLA.  

Concerning this topic, I cannot wait till NSD just see this topic die.  Whatever this kid chooses, good for him.  You are treated like a god when recruited you and then taken to McDonalds after you sign.  He is a kid who will become an adult and part of life is accepting the decisions you make.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I thought he also recommitted then decommitted after Taggart. It is fine to change your mind. The problem came up when he was bleeding green and gold then suddenly decided to change once he got some more attention. It is a shame he would be a good fit with Taggart but this Mike White kid is looking pretty good, at least good enough to get us through 1-2 years before Taggart does some more recruiting magic. It would be nice is AW decided to still come on board, he could really make a name for himself here but there will be more QB's in our future and I have great confidence in our new coach putting this team back on track. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Maybe AW thinks he's good enough to unseat the existing UCLA QB.

Certainly he was told the standard talk of "the starting position is wide open every year, and you have a good chance to get it"

An inflated sense of self-importance is often all you really need for success. Just ask The Donald...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  19

I'm starting to see why some folks in this thread are always making fun of people being butt-hurt over this whole thing. It's not being an Indian giver to rescind a verbal commit that you gave to one coaching staff, if that team fires that coaching staff and hires another one. He committed to playing for Skip Holtz not Willie Taggart.

I thought he also recommitted then decommitted after Taggart. It is fine to change your mind. The problem came up when he was bleeding green and gold then suddenly decided to change once he got some more attention. It is a shame he would be a good fit with Taggart but this Mike White kid is looking pretty good, at least good enough to get us through 1-2 years before Taggart does some more recruiting magic. It would be nice is AW decided to still come on board, he could really make a name for himself here but there will be more QB's in our future and I have great confidence in our new coach putting this team back on track.

AW never committed under Taggart.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I thought he also recommitted then decommitted after Taggart. It is fine to change your mind. The problem came up when he was bleeding green and gold then suddenly decided to change once he got some more attention. It is a shame he would be a good fit with Taggart but this Mike White kid is looking pretty good, at least good enough to get us through 1-2 years before Taggart does some more recruiting magic. It would be nice is AW decided to still come on board, he could really make a name for himself here but there will be more QB's in our future and I have great confidence in our new coach putting this team back on track. 

He never committed under CWT, but I agree about the bleeding Green and Gold thing. Other recruits picked us then decommitted, some stuck with us the whole way, some have flipped from other schools, and some might flip over to us on Wednesday, but none of them did the preaching AW did for us. Talking about Bulls for life and Bulls family and bleeding G&G, etc. His dad was on here preaching the same thing, etc. That is probably where most of the sting comes from. Just seems really lame and insincere. He def is entitled to his reasons for decommitting and all, but the fervor with which he preached about us, only to drop us the way he did, just doesnt feel good. He is 18 though so whatever. 

• Topic Count:  2,401
  • Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

Just say bye bye and good luck.