Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  420
  • Content Count:  9,778
  • Days Won:  8

Honestly I think Clemson is a good fit for him, and if he wants to stay close to home or friends or a girl then USF is the best fit.

• Topic Count:  420
  • Content Count:  9,778
  • Days Won:  8

I would say Clemson and USF would be 1 and 2 and UCLA, and NC STATE don't seem like a good fit at all. If he chooses either of these I think he's making a mistake, even if it is only because of opportunity costs.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Check out Woulard: afraid people are not going to tune into his 12:30 PM NSD Announcement:

Asiantii Woulardâ€@AW_QB2

For the record, I haven't committed anywhere yet.

4hTrent Dilferâ€@TDESPN

Congrats to 2012 @Elite11 MVP @AW_QB2 (Asiantii Woulard) #UCLA GREAT talent, but even a better kid. Cali just got Florida's BEST! #QBSurgeon

Looks like he's headed to UCLA, and Dilfer leaked it...and AW doesn't want to lose the spotlight.  Hated to lose the guy, but glad we're clear of the circus.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

He's not going to UCLA, he's going to Clemson. The thing is, he's going to redshirt no matter where he goes. Cole Stoudt isn't that good. If Woulard is as good as everyone says he is, he could easily jump Cole when he a redshirt frosh. It's not a horrible choice. If he's good enough, he'll start after 1 year.

I hear ya and when you look at the two options/situations, Clemson is the better of the two. However, what's still lingering in the back of my mind is the timing of these two schools. What is the likelihood that either of them really believe Woulard is thier future starter? Looking at UCLA's situation it seems to be a clear case of wanting depth. With Clemson it's not so clear, but again no contact until the 11th hour.

Other supporting thoughts.

Woulard won the elite 11, why not start courting him then even if he wasn't at the top of their list?

Woulard's senior performance with the team around him was poor, what has changed since winning the elite 11 that would make them interested now?

I understand he was solidly committed to us after the second time, but that usually doesn't stop elite schools from offering thier top blue chip targets.

To me this adds up to Woulard being a ways down on the board and a back up option to fill this recruiting class. It doesn't add up to either school feeling confident he is truly their future QB. These are the questions I would be asking myself if I were Woulard.

Sorry to quote my own post, but really no one has any other thoughts on this?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

He's not going to UCLA, he's going to Clemson. The thing is, he's going to redshirt no matter where he goes. Cole Stoudt isn't that good. If Woulard is as good as everyone says he is, he could easily jump Cole when he a redshirt frosh. It's not a horrible choice. If he's good enough, he'll start after 1 year.

I hear ya and when you look at the two options/situations, Clemson is the better of the two. However, what's still lingering in the back of my mind is the timing of these two schools. What is the likelihood that either of them really believe Woulard is thier future starter? Looking at UCLA's situation it seems to be a clear case of wanting depth. With Clemson it's not so clear, but again no contact until the 11th hour.

Other supporting thoughts.

Woulard won the elite 11, why not start courting him then even if he wasn't at the top of their list?

Woulard's senior performance with the team around him was poor, what has changed since winning the elite 11 that would make them interested now?

I understand he was solidly committed to us after the second time, but that usually doesn't stop elite schools from offering thier top blue chip targets.

To me this adds up to Woulard being a ways down on the board and a back up option to fill this recruiting class. It doesn't add up to either school feeling confident he is truly their future QB. These are the questions I would be asking myself if I were Woulard.

Sorry to quote my own post, but really no one has any other thoughts on this?

That's an interesting angle.  Schools not really needing a QB this year, but taking a gamble on a 4 star, knowing USF can be pillaged.  So, the worst they do is waste a schollie on Woulard, and if he doesn't pan out, he transfers or quits, or simply rides the pine for 4-5 years.  If we were a Top 25 program, we'd likely do the same thing. Very little risk, and apparently pretty easy to pry him from our camp.  No point in recruiting him earlier, as he always had a roaming eye, having decommitted twice.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Check out Woulard: afraid people are not going to tune into his 12:30 PM NSD Announcement:

Asiantii Woulardâ€@AW_QB2

For the record, I haven't committed anywhere yet.

4hTrent Dilferâ€@TDESPN

Congrats to 2012 @Elite11 MVP @AW_QB2 (Asiantii Woulard) #UCLA GREAT talent, but even a better kid. Cali just got Florida's BEST! #QBSurgeon

Looks like he's headed to UCLA, and Dilfer leaked it...and AW doesn't want to lose the spotlight.  Hated to lose the guy, but glad we're clear of the circus.

I looked at it as Dilfer incorrectly interpreting Woulard's tweet of him in a UCLA jersey.

• Topic Count:  2,401
  • Content Count:  21,565
  • Days Won:  10

He committed, kill this thread....

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

This thread does not get killed, unless we kill every other thread in here when someone commits to someone else.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This thread does not get killed, unless we kill every other thread in here when someone commits to someone else.

I can agree with this, however, when it gets to 200 pages, it will be long after NSD, which will negate any special accomplishment said amount of pages would earn.

It will basically be another "UCF drivel, et al" thread.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Thread_Crap_Wont_Die_RE_mega_zombie_foru