Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

At 18 you are old enough to "get it" or you don't.

Agree completely .... but it doesn't mean you have .... and it doesn't mean you won't as you grow older.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,401
  • Content Count:  21,565
  • Days Won:  10

This thread has officially hit rock bottom.   Lock this thread...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Folks tend to write off the actions of an 18 year old so easily saying "he's only 18", this is typical 18 year old behavior, these are "kids".  Sorry, but 18 year olds are adults under the law for a reason.  By that time you either "get it" or you don't.  Age has nothing to do with maturity/integrity.  You see it every day in the NFL and with other players who were class acts all the way through.  If you believe the "age=maturity/integrity" then I offer you Terrell Owens, Ryan Leaf, Michael Vick, Jamarcus Russell and the list goes on.  The results on the field with AW aren't good enough for me to get hyped up about him with the "drama" his "camp" brings.  If he came to USF would I support him?  Yeah, I've supported all Bulls as an alumni should, but I'd be more shocked if he made it to graduation than I would if he ended up off the team in less than 2 years for whatever.

Adults deemed too immature to handle alcohol.

Yet mature enough to wage war. 

(Most) 18 year olds aren't mature enough to be trusted to use alcohol because they would be doing it unsupervised and driving around drunk killing themselves and others. In the military, there is a command structure where everything they do is told to them by someone else who is more mature. Big difference.

For any not old enough to remeber Vietnam..There was a sertious problem with some New Young Officers and older sargeants..  Sad so say  "FRAG"

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Agree completely .... but it doesn't mean you have .... and it doesn't mean you won't as you grow older.

AFAIK, I still haven't "got it"

BTW, what's "it"?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

BTW, what's "it"?

Ok where is Bill we need a definition of "IT"

go bulls

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

We may have a new coach, but our university has been loyal and patient with him. He should have stuck around. He would have a better opportunity to play sooner with us. I understand Clemson and UCLA are tempting. If I was a QB with no ties to USF, I might have chosen Clemson. Shame we stuck with this kid for so long to lose him. I feel like USF w/ CSH for a long time put all of their eggs in 1 basket until we got White to commit after Taggart came on board. 

Time to shut this thread down.

Our university fired the head coach and OC that he committed to.  I wouldn't say that was being loyal and patient.  Whether the fans on here like it or not, Woolard and his father were very impressed with what Holtz and Fitch were selling.  

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Christ, even I think this is a new low for this thread. And I had a race card argument with AW's dad in here (or at least the guy who Lennay'd us for a few months).

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

BTW, what's "it"?

Ok where is Bill we need a definition of "IT"

go bulls

Probably with Kelly.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Perfect example ....

BTW, what's "it"?

l.png

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I was a child at 18. The light does not come on for another 20 years.

Some start much later than others (I.e. Triple B). In my opinion you either have integrity or you don't. Not necessarily an acquired thing. Again in my opinion, this is either instilled in you at a young age from good parenting or not.

Folks tend to write off the actions of an 18 year old so easily saying "he's only 18", this is typical 18 year old behavior, these are "kids". Sorry, but 18 year olds are adults under the law for a reason. By that time you either "get it" or you don't. Age has nothing to do with maturity/integrity. You see it every day in the NFL and with other players who were class acts all the way through. If you believe the "age=maturity/integrity" then I offer you Terrell Owens, Ryan Leaf, Michael Vick, Jamarcus Russell and the list goes on. The results on the field with AW aren't good enough for me to get hyped up about him with the "drama" his "camp" brings. If he came to USF would I support him? Yeah, I've supported all Bulls as an alumni should, but I'd be more shocked if he made it to graduation than I would if he ended up off the team in less than 2 years for whatever.

I think the problem is that you, and Ruger, aren't using the word "integrity" correctly. Use maturity only and I'd agree with most, even my part up there. Nothing that I've seen attributed to AW lends to question his integrity. Heck, the big hoss we just got out of Georgia has done more to question his integrity if you want to play that game. People mature at different times .... some never .... look around this board. Changing your mind a couple of times about a life decision has more to do from a maturity aspect rather than an integrity one.

I provided the definition as a reference point.  I know the difference b/w integrity and maturity.  Maturity, or lack thereof, is something that most people obtain through life experiences.  As stated above, some mature earlier than others.  I don't blame this on his maturity.  I believe it goes one step further and his actions have called his integrity into question (my opinion).  We obviously have differing opinions on this, which is what makes the world turn round.