Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

He's not going to UCLA, he's going to Clemson. The thing is, he's going to redshirt no matter where he goes. Cole Stoudt isn't that good. If Woulard is as good as everyone says he is, he could easily jump Cole when he a redshirt frosh. It's not a horrible choice. If he's good enough, he'll start after 1 year.

I hear ya and when you look at the two options/situations, Clemson is the better of the two. However, what's still lingering in the back of my mind is the timing of these two schools. What is the likelihood that either of them really believe Woulard is thier future starter? Looking at UCLA's situation it seems to be a clear case of wanting depth. With Clemson it's not so clear, but again no contact until the 11th hour.

Other supporting thoughts.

Woulard won the elite 11, why not start courting him then even if he wasn't at the top of their list?

Woulard's senior performance with the team around him was poor, what has changed since winning the elite 11 that would make them interested now?

I understand he was solidly committed to us after the second time, but that usually doesn't stop elite schools from offering thier top blue chip targets.

To me this adds up to Woulard being a ways down on the board and a back up option to fill this recruiting class. It doesn't add up to either school feeling confident he is truly their future QB. These are the questions I would be asking myself if I were Woulard.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

:wahhing: HE HURT OUR FEELING!!! :wahhing: :wahhing:HE SAID HE WAS COMING!!!!! TWICE!!!  :wahhing:  :wahhing:HE JERKED US AROUND!!!!  :wahhing:  :wahhing:HE'S NOT A GOOD QB ANYWAY NOW HE DIDN'T PICK USF!!!!  :wahhing:  :wahhing:HE'S ARROGANT!!!!   :wahhing:  :wahhing:DON'T COME CALLING WHEN YOU FAIL!!!!!!  :wahhing:

A lot of you are upset at an 18 year old whose trying to make up his mind on where to go to school. REALLY????

If he decide to sign with another school. I wish him the best of luck.

I am not upset that he didn't pick USF. I am annoyed with the way he handled USF's recruiting of him. Having said that your post was very funny.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

Folks tend to write off the actions of an 18 year old so easily saying "he's only 18", this is typical 18 year old behavior, these are "kids".  Sorry, but 18 year olds are adults under the law for a reason.  By that time you either "get it" or you don't.  Age has nothing to do with maturity/integrity.  You see it every day in the NFL and with other players who were class acts all the way through.  If you believe the "age=maturity/integrity" then I offer you Terrell Owens, Ryan Leaf, Michael Vick, Jamarcus Russell and the list goes on.  The results on the field with AW aren't good enough for me to get hyped up about him with the "drama" his "camp" brings.  If he came to USF would I support him?  Yeah, I've supported all Bulls as an alumni should, but I'd be more shocked if he made it to graduation than I would if he ended up off the team in less than 2 years for whatever.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

I was a child at 18.  The light does not come on for another 20 years.

Folks tend to write off the actions of an 18 year old so easily saying "he's only 18", this is typical 18 year old behavior, these are "kids".  Sorry, but 18 year olds are adults under the law for a reason.  By that time you either "get it" or you don't.  Age has nothing to do with maturity/integrity.  You see it every day in the NFL and with other players who were class acts all the way through.  If you believe the "age=maturity/integrity" then I offer you Terrell Owens, Ryan Leaf, Michael Vick, Jamarcus Russell and the list goes on.  The results on the field with AW aren't good enough for me to get hyped up about him with the "drama" his "camp" brings.  If he came to USF would I support him?  Yeah, I've supported all Bulls as an alumni should, but I'd be more shocked if he made it to graduation than I would if he ended up off the team in less than 2 years for whatever.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

I was a child at 18.  The light does not come on for another 20 years.

He only gets 4-5 years of eligibility.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

So you think every kid person at 18 should know what and where they want to do with the rest of their lives .... and if they don't, they lack integrity/maturity and will never have any. Kind of a broad brush, isn't it?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

AW didn't kill anyone, he didn't get arrested.  He is having difficultly choosing a school from among many excellent choices available.  You really think this somehow makes him flawed?

Apparently you don't have any children of your own.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm been frustrated with Woulard's handling of everything, but I'm not sure I'd end up in the same place.  Two big time programs [uCLA & Clemson] decide LATE in the game to enter a fight between USF & NC State, and they go all out for him.  He's in LA now, which is impressive for a kid to see [an adult, for that matter], and he's meeting alum & at least one NFL UCLA alum].  He's star struck & likely very flattered.  No one cared where I was going to college, so I suppose I can't really relate to what he's doing.

I don't know if we had a chance once those 2 schools took off after him, but I've over it...and hopeful we get another QB who fits Taggart's O, and get us back to winning games and getting to bowl games [and a conference championship]. 

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

We may have a new coach, but our university has been loyal and patient with him. He should have stuck around. He would have a better opportunity to play sooner with us. I understand Clemson and UCLA are tempting. If I was a QB with no ties to USF, I might have chosen Clemson. Shame we stuck with this kid for so long to lose him. I feel like USF w/ CSH for a long time put all of their eggs in 1 basket until we got White to commit after Taggart came on board. 

Time to shut this thread down.

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

Unfortunately I agree. I might even take it a step further and say in that scenario he ends up at UCF instead because we would have an entrenched QB by then. I'm just hoping that he steps back, really weighs out the probabilities of the amount of playing time at all of his options, and goes with what he knows is the right choice rather than what everyone around him is selling - this is his life. If you are Woulard you also have to consider that those schools are going to be pulling in top QBs almost every year, so it's not just the older guys you'll have to compete with when you finally think you've paid your dues on the bench.

I heard Stetson's going to need a QB in a couple of years...

I am still amazed at all the schools starting up football programs. In ths economy. With the increasing concerns with long term brain injury.

• Upvote 1