Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

You guys are old

sometimes there is some wisdom that comes with age.. now if it doesn't fit some folks call it Dimentia.....I'm thinking..... now when would it start...is it more localized in certain geographic areas...... :blush:

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

A reference to USF beating Clemson, a team with a top 25 recruiting class year after year, says that you can still find very talented players that aren't rated 4 stars and compete with those who, allegedly, have the top classes.

Amen...The major conferences would have you believe  every year they get all the great talent..If this were the "TRUTH"  would they explain to me why the NFL has so many recruters going to the "MID" tier schools looking for talent.Is it possible they might be "cooking the books---I mean stars" :roflmao:

You don't watch the NFL do you?  Check out  the 49ers QB who went to school at Nevada and out Vicked Vick. Or T.O.. Or many others. If the NFL recruiters thought like you think they do, many talented players like Joe Flacco who went to Delaware or CJ2k who went to ECU would be overlooked. News flash, all talented NFL players weren't highly recruited, highly rated recruits out of high school.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2011-04-25/story/players-small-schools-get-nfl-notice

Throw in Jerry Rice & Walter Payton.  Big Ben is from Miami Ohio, if I recall.  Romo is from Eastern Illinois.  Plenty of overlooked talent, and plenty of over rated 4 & 5 stars.  AW isn't coming here...he wants people gushing over him.  If Clemson wants him, he's there.  If not, he'll go to UK, which I think he'll regret.

I just wish he'd tell Taggart he's NOT coming, so Taggart can go balls out looking for another QB before we run out of time again.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

Ok ok guys here is the deal. If we end up the program all you guys want to be. Winning 10 games a year trying to get an at large bcs bid and we win. We get invited to a new conference and were legitimate now.

Guess what were going to be attracting kids who are highly recruited now. Your going to tell me that after each good season getting better players when we finally get to the point elite players want to come to usf were going to say nahhh were looking for the overlooked talent. The Matt grothe's and george selvies..lmao..come on lets be serious guys. Just stop talking about recruiting we get it. There are busts and diamonds in the rough but one thing is for certain the best players go to the SEC and we arent getting them. If we were we would be winning games off talent alone.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

slick is happy with a servicable QB...way to go kid. Shoot for the stars. Plant wouldnt even start Matt Flloyd right now.

A reference to USF beating Clemson, a team with a top 25 recruiting class year after year, says that you can still find very talented players that aren't rated 4 stars and compete with those who, allegedly, have the top classes.

Amen...The major conferences would have you believe  every year they get all the great talent..If this were the "TRUTH"  would they explain to me why the NFL has so many recruters going to the "MID" tier schools looking for talent.Is it possible they might be "cooking the books---I mean stars" :roflmao:

You don't watch the NFL do you?  Check out  the 49ers QB who went to school at Nevada and out Vicked Vick. Or T.O.. Or many others. If the NFL recruiters thought like you think they do, many talented players like Joe Flacco who went to Delaware or CJ2k who went to ECU would be overlooked. News flash, all talented NFL players weren't highly recruited, highly rated recruits out of high school.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2011-04-25/story/players-small-schools-get-nfl-notice

Exactly...right on...little satire on my part....I just tired of how many schools trump up all their recruits....Cooking the stars and then use that to justify BCS rankings...The NFL get's it right...That why there is so much diversity in the schools....just trying to do my part on not being "Star Struck"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

This guy is gone, move on.

You are free to move on and not visit this thread anymore anytime you would like.

Back at you

I wasn't the one whining.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

slick is happy with a servicable QB...way to go kid. Shoot for the stars. Plant wouldnt even start Matt Flloyd right now.

Watch a WKU game from last season...its based on the run game more than the passing game. 

BTW, I would consider Brad Johnson, the Bucs QB when they won the Super Bowl serviceable.

That guy Andrew Luck at Stanford was also serviceable in this offense.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93

This thread is about Who....? 

Right on.....I saw The Who at Tampa Stadium on July 29, 1985 and they rocked !

My definition of serviceable is a player that can play his position adequately without huge mistakes on one hand and gaudy numbers on the other. 

Sounds like Mons Venus---They service ....gaudy numbers..some huge.....the only mistakes are with change......and they offer..and use their hands and position adaquately???

Just trying to take the edge off..waiting for some good recruiting news and get to 200 pages...

A good offensive line can make a servicable quaterback work.... Fix the holes coach...i'll put the gas in the bus.

Edited by bull-71

• Topic Count:  2,401
  • Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

This guy is gone, move on.

You are free to move on and not visit this thread anymore anytime you would like.

Back at you

I wasn't the one whining.

What a piece of work, that is whining,..  Your standards are askew.