Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I still want him. He is the #1 Dual-threat QB for a reason.

Yes... And that reason is that all the better QB's already have verbally committed.

And couldn't make Elite 11. Riiiiight.

You're comment makes no sense... many of those ranked above him made elite 11. I was simply pointing out that he's the highest rated because he's basically the only one that's not verbally committed at this point.

I am taking the evaluation of the Elite 11 staff over the internet musings of USF fans who haven't even seen the kid play and know zilch about coaching or evaluating QBs. Just sayin.

Just keep in mind that those are paid evaluations.. Dilfer and Co say and do what ESPN says for them to do.

Proof? Link? Or are you just blowing smoke?

Proof of what? That the Elite 11 competition is a made for TV show? Granted you have to have a good arm to compete there... but the "MVP" position is completely subjective and decided by the coaches and show producers. ESPN markets that show for ratings and to put forward the HS athletes they want to succeed... much like they play up the college football teams they believe will get them the best ratings. It's called business. 

The Elite 11 is just a skills competition... it offers no substantial actual game speed evaluation.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The Elite 11 winner was pulled at halftime in most games due to his coach's grudge and not a single news outlet has commented on it? I call ********.

Dude.  Do you really think they send reporters to high school games in Orlando?  Newspapers are near bankruptcy and Winter Park wasn't a big school.  Coaches and boosters call in with scores and a small summary of the game.  Most of the games were a one paragraph write up.  This isn't 1943 with one school in the entire town.  The Sentinel covers probably forty or fifty schools.  If Woulard didn't play all season, the newspaper wouldn't have noticed unless someone pointed it out.

I do know for a fact that he was pulled at halftime of several games, even games that were still close.  I don't know what fantasy world you guys live in, but this stuff happens all the time at the high school level.

Call me crazy, but a national recognized QB in your coverage area getting pulled out of games for no reason might be something you'd pick up on. And not one person has "pointed it out" to them? If Aaron Murray was getting yanked out of games at halftime his senior year, it would have made at least a ripple in the high school sports page.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

well this circus has almost hit the 150 mark....so that's goods :D

Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

The Elite 11 winner was pulled at halftime in most games due to his coach's grudge and not a single news outlet has commented on it? I call ********.

Dude.  Do you really think they send reporters to high school games in Orlando?  Newspapers are near bankruptcy and Winter Park wasn't a big school.  Coaches and boosters call in with scores and a small summary of the game.  Most of the games were a one paragraph write up.  This isn't 1943 with one school in the entire town.  The Sentinel covers probably forty or fifty schools.  If Woulard didn't play all season, the newspaper wouldn't have noticed unless someone pointed it out.

I do know for a fact that he was pulled at halftime of several games, even games that were still close.  I don't know what fantasy world you guys live in, but this stuff happens all the time at the high school level.

Call me crazy, but a national recognized QB in your coverage area getting pulled out of games for no reason might be something you'd pick up on. And not one person has "pointed it out" to them? If Aaron Murray was getting yanked out of games at halftime his senior year, it would have made at least a ripple in the high school sports page.
Was thinking the same thing. A previously unknown (to the usual public) Robinson kid is recently told he probbaly won't play and should look elsewhere by USF and the news/twitter goes nuts but there's not one article/tweet out there about the #1 Dual Threat QB in the country getting benched by an evil UCF lead staff? Just smells fishy..that's all

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

I hope he still comes here.  That would give you two very different QBs to choose from.  Similar to what FSU had when Weatherford and Lee committed the same year.  Let the best man win and the best option for the team play.

I really just want to be first on page 150!

• Topic Count:  421
  • Content Count:  9,780
  • Days Won:  8

I hope he still comes here. That would give you two very different QBs to choose from. Similar to what FSU had when Weatherford and Lee committed the same year. Let the best man win and the best option for the team play.

I really just want to be first on page 150!

"Hello?"

"Hi! You are the tenth caller, you won!"

I want proof that its all staged and Dilfer is told who is MVP by some exec at ESPN, not agreed upon among the coaching staff.  And I think we all know that MVPs are subjective. And while you are at it, name a more prestigious QB camp.

You have people there like Scout Kennedy, Scout's Director of Scouting putting out detailed reports each day. Its not like this is all made up as they go along and ESPN writes a script.

Your first sentence contradicts itself.... and I never said that you didn't have to have a strong skill set to be invited.... I actually said you did. I simply stated that the camp/competition did not give a good representation when it comes to game speed decision making. There's no pass rush or time clock. You simply throw the ball to a spot... if you're skilled like these kids are it's not rocket science.

Don't be so hell bent on arguing and actually read it next time.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

Obviously AW's a talented guy if the scouting services have ranked him that high. But it's important to note that he's still a prospect. I generally prefer prospects to demonstrate on the field that they're winners, like in state championship games. It shows that they have what it takes between the ears in addition to the physical tools. AW may or may not have what it takes to perform consistently in high pressure situations on the field. I'd love to have AW, but I don't think our program sinks if he decides to go elsewhere. Just my two cents.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Was thinking the same thing. A previously unknown (to the usual public) Robinson kid is recently told he probbaly won't play and should look elsewhere by USF and the news/twitter goes nuts but there's not one article/tweet out there about the #1 Dual Threat QB in the country getting benched by an evil UCF lead staff? Just smells fishy..that's all

Exactly. Rafferty loses his scholarship and its in every local sports page along with the websites and the Big East blogger for ESPN even picks it up. AW's treatment has never been mentioned one time aside from on this message board.