Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Just to clarify... he never said he wouldn't commit if offered, he said that he never publicly said that.  (Which makes sense since his dad was the originator of that one, I think.)

Also, he said that in the same tweet "I did NOT suffer a broken ankle."  Don't know who he thinks he's fooling, since less than a month before he talked about the doctors inserting a plate/screws in his ankle "so it won’t break as easily again." (ref http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-asiantii-woulard-says-usf-in-the-picture-as-is-nc-state-20121214,0,4554168.post)

Not sure much, if anything, in those tweets has any weight to it...

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

Even if commits to UK this weekend, it wouldn't surprise if the kid flipped on signing day. Not saying he would flip to us either, just wouldn't surprise me.

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

Just to clarify... he never said he wouldn't commit if offered, he said that he never publicly said that.  (Which makes sense since his dad was the originator of that one, I think.)

Also, he said that in the same tweet "I did NOT suffer a broken ankle."  Don't know who he thinks he's fooling, since less than a month before he talked about the doctors inserting a plate/screws in his ankle "so it won’t break as easily again." (ref http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-asiantii-woulard-says-usf-in-the-picture-as-is-nc-state-20121214,0,4554168.post)

Not sure much, if anything, in those tweets has any weight to it...

I saw the xray. He had a fibula fracture, he posted it on his Twitter account. See the crack? Between the 4th and 5th screw counting up from the bottom. Not an ankle fracture. Perhaps a sprain, but not a fracture.

A8qKxp7CAAEFS7f.jpg

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What is his point in arguing this? Is he trying to convince us that since the fibula is part of the leg, he technically didn't break his "ankle?" Did his twitter account just turn into free anatomy lessons? If that's the case, I googled this **** and the interwebs tells me that he broke his ankle. Lower fibula counts as ankle since the ankle is the joint where the leg and foot meet. In your face, AW! There's my USF degree at work.

Edited by JTrue

What is his point in arguing this? Is he trying to convince us that since the fibula is part of the leg, he technically didn't break his "ankle?" Did his twitter account just turn into free anatomy lessons? If that's the case, I googled this **** and the interwebs tells me that he broke his ankle. Lower fibula counts as ankle since the ankle is the joint where the leg and foot meet. In your face, AW! There's my USF degree at work.

The point is that a joint fracture is MUCH more serious than cracking a bone. I could care less what you Google, I was a radiographer for orthopedics and ERs for a quarter of a century, in and out of the OR. You need to go back and Google Distal 1/3 fibula fracture, he DIDN'T fracture his DISTAL fibula.

http://www.annals.edu.sg/PDF/36VolNo4Apr2007/V36N4p267.pdf

This is a DISTAL FIBULA FRACTURE...the PLATE goes down farther. Did you notice, his plate goes up much higher on his leg because the fracture is much higher.

ankle_fracture_bimalleolar_fx_orif.jpg

This is a good presurgery picture of a DISTAL fibular fracture, which he didn't have. See how the ankle is disrupted?

Ankle-Fracture-ORIF-Figure-1.jpg

He had this fracture

62592835.jpg

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The point is that a joint fracture is MUCH more serious than cracking a bone. I could care less what you Google, I took xrays for orthopedics and ERs for a quarter of a century, in and out of the OR.

So he did or not break his ankle? And does the lower fibula count as the ankle? And I'm not asking this to be an *******, I just sort of assumed the ankle was a region and not something you could actually specifically break.

The point is that a joint fracture is MUCH more serious than cracking a bone. I could care less what you Google, I took xrays for orthopedics and ERs for a quarter of a century, in and out of the OR.

So he did or not break his ankle? And does the lower fibula count as the ankle? And I'm not asking this to be an *******, I just sort of assumed the ankle was a region and not something you could actually specifically break.

The ankle is a joint. It looks well above the joint, doesn't it?  You will hear athletes that break their fibula and its not as big a deal and this is probably one of those situations, hopefully for him.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

The ankle is a joint. It looks well above the joint, doesn't it?  You will hear athletes that break their fibula and its not as big a deal and this is probably one of those situations, hopefully for him.

You seem far more knowledgeable than I on this subject, so I'll defer, but your argument seems to be that the injury is not as serious as it could be rather than he didn't break his ankle.  Either way, I don't find his tweets to be particularly reliable and I suspect that Asiantii has already ruled us out.  Hope I'm pleasantly surprised come signing day.

I think even if he broke his ankle, he would be ready to go next football season. It would matter more if it happened in the Spring game what type of fracture he had, because of the differences in rehab time, something all USF fans know about after that disastrous Spring game not long ago.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Ha

Asiantii Woulard â€@Asiantii_2

I don't think I've seen, one female since I've been here.. Haha women don't live in Lexington? Lmao