Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

slick, I said the same thing until I actually got onto twitter and saw that EVERY SINGLE potential recruit has HUNDREDS of tweets from students/fans/alumni about going to "their school". They'd have to pull sanctions on every single team in the NCAA, it's ridiculous.

I'm not sure the NCAA has rules regarding fans on twitter, but I'm sure that will change. Will prolly require recruits to block all fans or at least be told not to respond.

One school's compliance department sent a message on Twitter, I think it was one of the Washington schools, about not contacting recruits via Twitter as its a violation. They have rules about representatives or boosters contacting recruits. And they consider fans to be boosters. I put the ruling up somewhere on this forum, an article on fans being considered boosters (although its a grey area), but it can be found with Google. But as pointed out, it happens so much they don't enforce it. What they do enforce is when fans meet recruits, like when AW was at some of the Bulls home games this season.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

Im glad he is taking his time. We all want to know but this is a big decision for him. I have said it all along. You might think this factor is important or that one..but a kid wants to have the best chance to play at the next level. He also wants to put up numbers. He wants to be a star. With that being said I hope our coach is doing a good job letting AW picture himself in a bulls uniform putting up numbers.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Would it be anissue if someone posted on his site that the guy purporting to be a usf fan probably isn't?

No.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Since this thread has gotten so many responses, I thought it only fitting to celebrate with the first (AFAIK) Youtuber video to get over 1,000,000,000 views.

Hit it boys!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

A man's word and his character are one and the same. Obviously since AW cannot or does not keep his word it leads me to believe that his character is in question, in my opinion.

I guess we need to notify Mr Godwin that we won't be needing his services because of his questionable character.

Quite the contrary Trip... Nate tried to commit to USF months ago and the previous staff wouldn't take his commitment... Minnesota was his fall back.

Not contrary at all ... he gave his word to Minnesota and then backed out. If you think that it's a flaw in AW's character (which i don't), then it's one on Godwin's, too. Pretty cut and dried ....

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Ahh I see you point... Misunderstood originally.

• Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

We could say the same about coaches who leave their team after they say they're committed. But it's business, not personal. These kids are making huge life decisions and I think we can cut them some of the same slack.

But I'll stand down since you've actually shaken AW's hand. I doubt nobull has.

This can't be repeated enough. I think it's totally absurd that some get their panties in a wad over stuff like this. These kids have probably not had to make a decision of this magnitude in their lives and the changing of minds should not be unexpected .... especially, like in AW's case, the circumstance changes involved.

• Topic Count:  577
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

imo there should be no commitments and rolling LOIs once you become a senior in HS.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

I guess I'll finally weigh in on this. It's not the changing of his mind that's turning people off as many of us can understand this, especially those of us who went through the recruiting process. It's a HUGE decision and one day you go to sleep thinking you have it figured out, but the next day you wake up and you can't control it, but now you're not so sure.

The issue for me is the way he's HANDLING IT. That speaks to MATURITY or lack there of. That's a red flag.

You can change your mind all you want, but playing it out in public speaks for a massive need of "look at me", "I need attention".

It has nothing to do with "being 17". That's a cop out. It's a product of how one is raised and their emotional security/maturity.

At 17, "you are what you are" for the most part. I can point to more people than I can count who are now in their 30s-40s and they are no more mature now than they were when we were 17.

With that being said, I have seen some, though a select few turn it around so I'll support whatever happens with AWs situation, but anyone who has been through this process and watched a ton of others go through it realize that the way people play it out in public (or don't) speaks alot to their maturity. And we all know what usually happens to players who are immature...they end up being the ones who don't make grades, can't learn the play book, get suspended for doing stupid crap or fold under pressure when you need them most.

Look at your most successful players and the majority of them aren't "look at me" types.

When you have athletic talent, it's easy to get caught up in it all, but hopefully someone (friend or family) can sit him down and explain to him how his actions are affecting his public persona. Like it or not, it's happening.

Only someone with maturity understands that and values that more than the instant gratification of a "tweet" which is absolutely worthless.

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

You guys seem to forget that in the past couple of years social media has evolved and come to the forefront. Its not like he is going to the paper and reporting every thought. He is TWEETING IT! Tweeting is a like, "What am I doing/thinking at this moment". Its so new, people don't know how to take it. Kids, obviously, have a better handle on social media than the majority of adults. Go on Twitter and you find people just as conflicting in what they Tweet that AW has done in the past. The vast majority of AW's Tweets, that I have read, are either thinking out loud or to one of his school mates. He is not making major announcements or blurting out crap. He sometimes responds to messages from strangers. But to take Tweets as media announcements means you don't get social media.