Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Maybe this has been covered, but how bad was his break and do guys recover from those to reach their pre injury abilities?

It isn't trivial, but everything I've read and heard is that he should have a full recovery with no ill effects.

It was a clean break of the fibula. They put in a permanent plate. He begins supervised conditioning this week.

• Topic Count:  577
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

conditioning what? he was on crutches a few days ago.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  0

I am telling you, gents, I had the very same injury as Woulard. Probably a bit more severe. And was running in six months. And attended the Army's Special Forces Assessment and Selection (and all the physical examinations that entails) not long after. He'll be fine.

• Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

From Greg:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/touted-quarterback-asiantii-woulard-still-considering-signing-with-usf/1266403

Asiantii Woulard, a touted quarterback from Winter Park High who recently pulled back his oral commitment to USF, said the Bulls remain among his top choices.

New USF coach Willie Taggart visited him Dec. 8.

"He's a really cool guy," Woulard, who decommitted a few hours after USF fired coach Skip Holtz on Dec. 2, said this past week. "We talked a little bit about me going to USF. But after that, we just … hung out. I actually liked him a lot.

"Coach Taggart feels he has an offense he feels will fit me perfectly, and I feel it will fit me perfectly. So they're definitely still of interest."

Taggart already has an oral commitment from Michael White, a quarterback at Fort Lauderdale University High. But Woulard said Taggart plans to sign two quarterbacks. And Woulard said White's commitment won't affect his decision.

"I'll come to compete either way," he said.

Woulard previously made an official visit to N.C. State and said he intends to visit a few more schools soon but did not want to say which ones until he solidified plans. He added he might make an announcement at the Jan. 5 U.S. Army All-American Bowl, which he will attend but not play in because of a broken fibula sustained during his final game.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  2

We need more BULLS like BJ Daniels....like him as a qb or not he gave and is still giving everything he has to this fb program....

His words (as I am sure relayed from his doctor) not mine. Perhaps you can provide us with your expert assessment having never seen the injury and being the knowledgeable orthopedist that you are? If I had to guess, it would begin with some hydrotherapy and light stretching and going from there. U mad bro?

You-mad-brah--_t39v.jpg

AW looks like he's trying to talk Jeff Badet from bolting

@jbadet_4 heck no you can't change!

But it reads like JB thinks AW is coming back to USF

@Asiantii_2 bruh I know what school you going too. But I need to changed schools lol

• Topic Count:  577
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

His words (as I am sure relayed from his doctor) not mine. Perhaps you can provide us with your expert assessment having never seen the injury and being the knowledgeable orthopedist that you are? If I had to guess, it would begin with some hydrotherapy and light stretching and going from there. U mad bro?

You-mad-brah--_t39v.jpg

I wish I was an orthopedist right now because I have seen the injury

The x ray was posted on volnation

That's great if he can begin conditioning somehow

• Topic Count:  420
  • Content Count:  9,778
  • Days Won:  8

He is still giving USF some positive vibes...

Asiantii Woulard â€@Asiantii_2

I had a great visit to #USF, I loved everything. Full of great people!#Bulls

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

If you read the twitter convo, he and Jeff Badet have a bet going that Badet knows where Woulard is going. But Badet wants to change schools on the bet now. He also seems to be solidifying his original tweet that he will announce on Jan 5th.