Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Bull94, I know you're all about the stats when it comes to Woulard, but in the one game I saw him play , he looked poised, scrambled but looked to throw downfield, threw a nice ball, and made good throws across the middle. His team around him is not very good. Not much separation with the receivers and very little time in the pocket. I think he'll be better than BJ was for us.

you saw 1 half and determined he will be better than BJ? BJ Daniels tore it up his last year in high school. 34 passing TDs , 2500 yards. scout says he has little pocket poise, accuracy issues and has a strong arm. he wasn't even rated top 20 dual threats before his espn skills competition. scout kind of goes against 2 of your 3 evaluations. he has a junior receiver that we have offered already. I believe UNC did as well. you guys need to temper expectations. his numbers this year are modest to say the least and that's against average high school competition.he has been inconsistent. poor against tough defenses and great against bad defenses. sounds familiar. he averages 150 yards passing and 1 TD per game. he is raw. he is not ready to play against top level college defenses. oh and he hasn't even signed with us yet.

So Bull, in your opinion, who do we go with next year? Who do we look for this year as a future franchise (lol) QB [ie: current qb's or potential recruits you think match our new scheme]? (this is not sarcasm or a trap question, I just want to hear what you're thinking)

Edited by Hem

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Bull94, I know you're all about the stats when it comes to Woulard, but in the one game I saw him play , he looked poised, scrambled but looked to throw downfield, threw a nice ball, and made good throws across the middle. His team around him is not very good. Not much separation with the receivers and very little time in the pocket. I think he'll be better than BJ was for us.

you saw 1 half and determined he will be better than BJ? BJ Daniels tore it up his last year in high school. 34 passing TDs , 2500 yards. scout says he has little pocket poise, accuracy issues and has a strong arm. he wasn't even rated top 20 dual threats before his espn skills competition. scout kind of goes against 2 of your 3 evaluations. he has a junior receiver that we have offered already. I believe UNC did as well. you guys need to temper expectations. his numbers this year are modest to say the least and that's against average high school competition.he has been inconsistent. poor against tough defenses and great against bad defenses. sounds familiar. he averages 150 yards passing and 1 TD per game. he is raw. he is not ready to play against top level college defenses. oh and he hasn't even signed with us yet.

So Bull, in your opinion, who do we go with next year? Who do we look for this year as a future franchise (lol) QB [ie: current qb's or potential recruits you think match our new scheme]? (this is not sarcasm or a trap question, I just want to hear what you're thinking)

Hem.... AW isn't ready.... there hasn't been a single person that I know of that's seen him play in person that thinks he is. He needs to be able to mature in the system and as a QB. That will take at least one season. We have 3 options for next season... Eveld/Floyd, JUCO QB, 6th year Sr. transfer (A. Murray comes to mine as a possible example). More than likely our stater for next season is not currently on the roster or verbally committed to the program.

Edited by Southshore26

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

When I said, I think he'll be better. I didn't mean, he'll be better as a freshman than BJ was as a senior. I meant in the long run.

And my opinion is not only from watching him for one half. It's that, the skills competition, and speaking to people that have seen him play a lot. My son plays club water polo with a lot of Winter Park kids and I've gotten to know several of their parents.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

we need to sign a couple of qb's at least this year . holtz going all in on woulard is dumb. he did the same last year and the guy signed elsewhere. honestly to have only 1 scholarship qb on the roster (potentially only 2 even if woulard signs) is disgraceful. you need to have 4 or 5. I consider eveld a converted walk-on. Woulard is not ready to play at this level. he is raw. he has a ton of potential and i hope he signs but i'm not like the fanboys who think he will waltz in and be contending for heisman's after week one. hell he might amount to nothing. plenty of highly rated qbs have gone on to be busts. Honestly I think Floyd is probably the guy next year. he will have a couple of years in the system. good coaches develop Qbs. they have guys waiting to take over the job.

When I said, I think he'll be better. I didn't mean, he'll be better as a freshman than BJ was as a senior. I meant in the long run.

could be but potential only gets you so far and his success is certainly not guaranteed.

And my opinion is not only from watching him for one half. It's that, the skills competition, and speaking to people that have seen him play a lot. My son plays club water polo with a lot of Winter Park kids and I've gotten to know several of their parents.

so water polo parents evaluation of him.... no doubt he is a great athlete. he is a raw QB though. personally I'm not a fan of the best athlete makes the best QB mantra. it works in high school. sometimes in college but as the competition gets tougher the more you need a QB and not an athlete. plenty of really good QBs are not great athletes.

Edited by Bull94
  • Downvote 1

so water polo parents evaluation of him.... no doubt he is a great athlete. he is a raw QB though. personally I'm not a fan of the best athlete makes the best QB mantra. it works in high school. sometimes in college but as the competition gets tougher the more you need a QB and not an athlete. plenty of really good QBs are not great athletes.

You're making a couple of assumptions: 1. That water polo players don't play football (Not true, a lot of football players play water polo in the off-season to stay in shape) and 2. That parents of water polo players don't know anything about football.

You're only basing your opinion on stats.

Does any of this mean that Asiantii will be a great QB? No, but I think you are severely downplaying his abilities based on stats and level of competition.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Does any of this mean that Asiantii will be a great QB? No, but I think you are severely downplaying his abilities based on stats and level of competition.

And at some point continuously degrading a commit who has not signed yet, on a public forum where his dad is known to visit might make it a little hard to keep said recruit.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

And at some point continuously degrading a commit who has not signed yet, on a public forum where his dad is known to visit might make it a little hard to keep said recruit.

+1