Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  577
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

our saving grace is the existing staff historically has designed their offense around a guy lioke AW not a guy like BJ....

and they've been sucessful

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Would love to hear from Doubledown to appease the restless here....hope everything is well still.

Nothing can really appease anybody until signing day ... AW will make the decision he feels is the best for him.

Him not being on in almost a week should tell you enough... I think it all still depends on how we finish the year and if we keep this coaching staff.

You do realize if we fire Holtz, Woulard could be gone?

I'm saying if we fire the coaching staff he IS gone... Why would he stay?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645

our saving grace is the existing staff historically has designed their offense around a guy lioke AW not a guy like BJ....

Exactly... and even with BJ we still had a very productive offense when BJ wasn't turning the ball over

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Would love to hear from Doubledown to appease the restless here....hope everything is well still.

Nothing can really appease anybody until signing day ... AW will make the decision he feels is the best for him.

Him not being on in almost a week should tell you enough... I think it all still depends on how we finish the year and if we keep this coaching staff.

You do realize if we fire Holtz, Woulard could be gone?

I'm saying if we fire the coaching staff he IS gone... Why would he stay?

Gotcha

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

okay, so he is still a "commit". Thanks.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Its interesting to see him consider NC State, yes they have developed Glennon into a NFL caliber QB, but with the rumors that O'Brien might be headed out too, (I would see this before Holtz out) makes it really interesting for both of these schools.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Exactly... and even with BJ we still had a very productive offense when BJ wasn't turning the ball over

do you guys even pay attemtion ? woulard at 58% completion this year against high school competition. no better than BJ against college competition. Holtz's offense throws a lot of short ,low percentage, high risk passes. they run routes that demand a 15 yard on the money swing pass that's 3 yards behind line of scrimmage. it's dumb. they almost got Hopkins killed a couple of times for plays that almost always amount to nothing.

when has Holtz ever had a successful offense? ecu days he was ranked around 70's. The only difference between his QB there and BJ was that pickney couldn't run. he had mediocre passing stats as well. same with his offenses at south carolina. might be why he was demoted. his offense is designed terribly. it demands a lot of tough throws that really are not worth throwing. high risk low reward.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Bull94, I know you're all about the stats when it comes to Woulard, but in the one game I saw him play , he looked poised, scrambled but looked to throw downfield, threw a nice ball, and made good throws across the middle. His team around him is not very good. Not much separation with the receivers and very little time in the pocket. I think he'll be better than BJ was for us.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Bull94, I know you're all about the stats when it comes to Woulard, but in the one game I saw him play , he looked poised, scrambled but looked to throw downfield, threw a nice ball, and made good throws across the middle. His team around him is not very good. Not much separation with the receivers and very little time in the pocket. I think he'll be better than BJ was for us.

you saw 1 half and determined he will be better than BJ? BJ Daniels tore it up his last year in high school. 34 passing TDs , 2500 yards. scout says he has little pocket poise, accuracy issues and has a strong arm. he wasn't even rated top 20 dual threats before his espn skills competition. scout kind of goes against 2 of your 3 evaluations. he has a junior receiver that we have offered already. I believe UNC did as well. you guys need to temper expectations. his numbers this year are modest to say the least and that's against average high school competition.he has been inconsistent. poor against tough defenses and great against bad defenses. sounds familiar. he averages 150 yards passing and 1 TD per game. he is raw. he is not ready to play against top level college defenses. oh and he hasn't even signed with us yet.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Not playing your ******** games on this board/thread, Bull94. Those posts were moved to the Asiantii thread on the Main Board.