Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I've seen Asiantti play. Granted it was for one half, but he is not a true dual threat in the traditional sense. He's a throw first, running QB. We he was pressured, he still looked to throw it down field. Running seamed to be the last option.

and BJ Daniels had 2,500 yards and 34 passing TDs his senior year.

his numbers have been mediocre this year. that's against average high school teams. couldn't care less if he is pass first

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

:angrymob:

**** you Skip

Anyone who doesn't see this kid as an upgrade to our currently available QB pool isn't paying attention.

+1

Yea forgot Floyd was recruited hard by Southern Miss and FIU, man what a stud. Don't forget that walk-on Eveld, man all those offers he got!

Woulard has Tennessee, NC State, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Wake Forest and a lot more coming after him now...those schools must not know what they're talking about eh?

Grothe had I believe 0 offers to play QB from big programs. Carlton Hill had offers from Miami, etc. many programs recruit on potential.

even Brion Carnes, who was god awful as a QB, signed with Nebraska.

So again name some names. Who is wanting to come here that you like? Who have we offered that you want to bring in? You dont win the Elite 11 by hitting one pass in the competition.

he actually did win the elite 11 by throwing 2 passes. 2 bombs in 2 minute drill. I never said i didn't want him to sign. I won't be hugely disappointed if he doesn't. we have been through this a million times. I've said it before but I would like a QB that can manage a game. 15-20 passes per game.one that isn't the focal point of the offense.

I think it's far worse we lost the RB.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Anyone who doesn't see this kid as an upgrade to our currently available QB pool isn't paying attention.

+1

Yea forgot Floyd was recruited hard by Southern Miss and FIU, man what a stud. Don't forget that walk-on Eveld, man all those offers he got!

Woulard has Tennessee, NC State, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Wake Forest and a lot more coming after him now...those schools must not know what they're talking about eh?

Grothe had I believe 0 offers to play QB from big programs. Carlton Hill had offers from Miami, etc. many programs recruit on potential.

So what are you saying? We should be grabbing low rated players in hopes they will play well in college and that these top rated players are all hype? Go look at LSU, UF, Bama ect and see how many top150 players they have. Man do they have things messed up then!

I'm saying this is probably as good as it's going to get for us in terms of a top QB coming to play here. The kid is raw, no doubt, but there's a reason ppl are after him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

So again name some names. Who is wanting to come here that you like? Who have we offered that you want to bring in? You dont win the Elite 11 by hitting one pass in the competition.

he actually did win the elite 11 by throwing 2 passes. 2 bombs in 2 minute drill.

You obviously don't have a ******* clue how that whole competition you keep downplaying worked ....

+1

So what are you saying? We should be grabbing low rated players in hopes they will play well in college and that these top rated players are all hype? Go look at LSU, UF, Bama ect and see how many top150 players they have. Man do they have things messed up then!

I'm saying this is probably as good as it's going to get for us in terms of a top QB coming to play here. The kid is raw, no doubt, but there's a reason ppl are after him.

they are after him because he is a great athlete.

scout had him listed as the #23 dual threat before the skills competition. his numbers against high school defenses aren't anything special this year. give me a QB first at the position over an athlete anyday. his evaluation by scout lists his strengths as a strong arm. his weaknesses as no pocket awareness and poor accuracy. we've done that before. it's a terrible recipe if you are going to pass 35 times per game. if we had calvin magee or another creative offensive mind then I would be disappointed. he does not fit into skip's system.

he actually did win the elite 11 by throwing 2 passes. 2 bombs in 2 minute drill.

You obviously don't have a ******* clue how that whole competition you keep downplaying worked ....

yes I do. they all said he had a terrible first day. said he wasn't even on the radar. trent said they were going to go three way split after a good second day in 7 on 7 and 2 minute drill where he threw a bomb for TD. he then said they made him try it again and he did the same thing.

it's a freaking skills competition. show me how he did against high school defenses where they actually blitzed him, showed different coverages, etc.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

So you'd take a 2star QB over the #1 4star dual threat "athlete"?

So you'd take a 2star QB over the #1 4star dual threat "athlete"?

yes I'd take a 3 star QB over the "athlete" all day. carlton hill tremendous athlete below average QB. hell I'd take the #12 dual threat from manatee over woulard all day. if only Holtz hadn't burned that bridge.