Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

Reliable Source

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

Do you honestly think Holtz will start a freshman QB day 1?

What makes you think he wouldn't?

Too conservative of a coach - he will go with experience (regardless of merit). How many true freshman in Holtz's years here at USF have started day 1?

would depend on how deep we were at the position. This is a perfect situation for AW to start early if not from day 1.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Too conservative of a coach - he will go with experience (regardless of merit). How many true freshman in Holtz's years here at USF have started day 1?

Funny, that's the same thing that was said about Leavitt ... It was ******** then and it's ******** now.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,493
  • Days Won:  1

How many true freshmen have played this year?? I can think of a few...Price Montgomery Hamilton Whitehurst...Auman had a total number posted a while back

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  150

Last i saw Auman's number was at 6 true freshman have played... add Bivins to your list.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Last i saw Auman's number was at 6 true freshman have played... add Bivins to your list.

Bivins is a true freshman? It seems so long ago that we got his commitment ...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Yup, he is.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

enrolled in the spring I believe

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  714

How many true freshmen have played this year?? I can think of a few...Price Montgomery Hamilton Whitehurst...Auman had a total number posted a while back

Yes true freshman have played this season, but how many started day 1 and are still starters? Not saying that Asiantii wouldn't play his first season as a true freshman, I just don't see him starting day 1.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Yes true freshman have played this season, but how many started day 1 and are still starters? Not saying that Asiantii wouldn't play his first season as a true freshman, I just don't see him starting day 1.

So who do you have ahead of him on the depth chart in 2013? just curious.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

Asiantii will be the most talented QB on the depth chart right away. But, he will have some learning to do at the college level and the other QB's have had some experience, but not much. I think our coaching staff will let it go to an "on the field competition." I believe the coaches will end up starting Asiantii from game 1, so that he can start getting used to the game at college speed and he can start building a foundation with his receivers. The more time he spends passing to the receivers, the better we will be in the future. I would rather him come in and make mistakes early because he will be the future of our program.