maybe usf can get goldman sacks to help build us a stadium

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

It will eventually happen.  First, we need a first class Basketball stadium then we can start to fund raise for a football stadium. 

How much did UCF stadium cost?

54 million

http://www.collegegridirons.com/cusa/BrightHouseNetworksStadium.htm

That is a lot of money in a very weak economy.  We better get the planning underway because it will take sometime to obtain sufficient funding for this very large, but in my opinion important, project. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,136

UCF has a ****** stadium.

If we're going to build a stadium, it's probably 10 to 15 years away and it'll be built after a long fundraising campaign for 400 to 500 million USD (or at least I hope).

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

400-500 million?  are you trying to build an nfl stadium?

we'd be looking in the 150-200M range, max, depending on how they structure the future expansions.  geez, tcf bank stadium was only 230-ish i believe.

• Content Count:  4,016

400-500 million?  are you trying to build an nfl stadium?

we'd be looking in the 150-200M range, max, depending on how they structure the future expansions.  geez, tcf bank stadium was only 230-ish i believe.

Yeah that's ridiculous range.  We'd never raise it because our ticket prices will never be as high as the NFL and the local tax payers won't foot part of the bill.  We can build a very nice stadium in the $150M range, and yes it may need to have some UCF qualities, but the extra coinage will also go to more bells and whistles that UCF had foregone when they designed and buit their stadium.

First, nothing has shown that we should build anything bigger than say a 55k stadium (with future expansion), and it would be on USF land so no cost there.

• Content Count:  4,642

the ratings on our bonds were very good for the athletics dept overhaul.  don't be surprised if an ocs comes sooner than later.

• Content Count:  7,780

the ratings on our bonds were very good for the athletics dept overhaul.  don't be surprised if an ocs comes sooner than later.

We also have political figures in all the rights places, which will eventually help with approval.

• Content Count:  4,016

The rating is based on financial feasibility and the backing of the Endowment Fund.  The fact the Endowment Fund had to cover 100% of the SunDome costs could have a bearing.

I don't expect such a thing will even be discussed until ALL THE NEW television contracts are in place and paying or pretty close to- that includes the renegotiated hoops contract and football.  Which would put that date around 2015, by then we can hopefully secure a few conference championships and grow our fan base.

Building something like a stadium will rely on more than athletic department income (it will cost to much) like the past deals, and it will be more like a self-sustaining real estate deal in which the stadium will need to generate enough cash flow to pay the debt service on the bonds-- that's more important than the overall rating, or rather that is contingent on a rating.  Without that we don't have an OCS deal.  For USF to build an OCS they need certitude that they can lock into a few must haves:

1.  Guarantee they can sustain 7 home games a year.

2.  They can generate a minimum average of 35k paying fans per game at an average tix price of approximately $30/game.

3.  They can sell luxury boxes and advertising.

Those are musts to insure they could comfortably support $150M approximately in bonds-- assuming what an A rated exempt bond would go for yield wise presumes a debt service of approximately $9M/annum, plus possible guarantee fees to the Endowment Fund.  Those three factors above, if achievable, should comfortably insure the stadium should generate north of $14M in annual revenue (and not include concessions, kiosks, and parking)...which should insure financing.

A $400-500M stadium is unobtainabe without a Jerry Jones benefactor dropping $250M of the bill...  USF could easily build a 55k seat stadium, in the $150-170M range and it would work fine and be of good quality.

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  19

Does USF have any ridiculously rich alumni?

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Hulk Hogan?

Did he actually graduate USF?  What about Gallagher?  :)

Archived