Official Uconn USF Game Thread

Skeeter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

we could have ran it in and still went for the win, screen pass, option formation, run up the middle that worked so well with murray. I dont understand why you think those two bonehead passes. One was a moon ball bogan had no shot, its clear that was uncomfortable for him. Then the second out of bounds. We didnt have a shot for the win. Our best shot was running. We were averaging 4 yards per carry. Chances are we get it pretty darn close.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

We were down our goal is to even the score...

The ending is totally different if we don't give up 40 yards on the kickoff.

You have to look at the calls from when they were made...they weren't terrible

Competely disagree, with a rookie QB who has thrown 3 picks on the night, you are probably staring at your best chance for the win right then and there. Grow a pair and go for the win. WE weren't the ones playing for a BE championship, nothing to lose but the game. If we had gone down swinging it wouldn't have been so bad.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

...and we went for the win...

We had alot to lose, under .500 in conference and 8-4 7-5..i think its a huge difference. We know we have a shot to win if we run. Even if were going for a win wouldnt the smart formation to pass out of be under center play action like we did all night. I dont see how that was going for the win. We mishandled the time plain and simple. We had a better shot running and we had an even BETTER shot winning in overtime at home.

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  19

Too many passes today.

Running game did their job.  Coaches didn't reward them.

No we didn't. Those are very low percentage completions, but also very very safe throws. We played for the tie, and, well, if we happen to connect thats great.

Last week, the slant over the middle, that's playing for the win.

Again, if you want to secure the tie, and maybe, just maybe get a TD for the win, then you run the ball and the clock at least 2 of the 3 plays. Mo is pretty darn good at finding space when there is none... speaking of which, we only ran outside like 3 times tonight, and I think all were good for 4-5 yards. Why didn't we run outside more, in that situation.

You're right, the kickoff return was painful, but I am pretty sure that the staff knew that guy was the leading returner in the nation before the game, you can't just expect to stop them at the 20 and make them drive it all the way.

• Content Count:  521

I don't see how you let it all hang out against UM last week with the rookie QB, and then you get 1st and goal at the 5, and get conservative tonight.

For those Skip>>>> Leavitt folks, 8-5, 3-4 in the BE isn't that much of an improvement. I'd say Cuse, WVU, and this one are very much on the coaching staff. I think they are good and will be good, but I am sick of reading about how they are the greatest thing ever to happen to USF. Give it a rest. I hope that Eveld starts the bowl game, and they spend the next month of practice figuring out how to run a half way effective offense. We should have lit UConn up. We lost 3 BE games at home this year. That is unacceptable. I am pissed, I probably shouldn't be, but I am. Eveld looks very good throwing the ball down the field, and we waited until it was too late to let him do that. Beyond that, though Eveld struggled at times tonight, it is clear that he is a better pure QB than BJ daniels. he should have taken over after the Syracuse game.

... when it really comes down to it, every time something bad happens, I get more and more angry about losing to the Cuse. Eff'n ridiculous to lose that game, and it set the tone for our pi$$ poor offense throughout big east play.

As for tonight's game, at least run the ball at the end to kill the clock and not give them enough time to drive into FG range (or make them burn their TOs). Did we really burn like 7 seconds by throwing the ball way out of bounds because that was "safe". Really? Oh God, we lost, it's the end of the world, I see it now, thats why we couldn't try to score a GD touchdown there.... **@&^!^#$!!!

OK, I am done with my rant. Glad that the guys never gave up tonight, this team has a lot to be proud of, fighting through a lot of adversity over the last 12 months.

you are a very spoiled, spoiled little hamster and for no reason whatsoever.. do you realize our old staff would get blown out by mediocre teams like rutgers 31-0?  with the exception of UF, NOT ONCE have we gotten blown out this year.. our teams have always fought hard and kept it close-- that goes on the coaching staff for getting the most out of their players.

did it every occur to you that our record is what it is because we just arent very talented this year (especially on offense)?  give the players more time in the system and give our coaching staff more time.. believe it or not, the culture of the program has changed this year and things WILL be better next year and the year after..

if you just look at the numbers, you are missing the big picture-- watch the play on the field, this team hangs tough and they are still young.  they WILL be contending for a while.

Those WR screens are like a run, not worried about the play "mix". Nothing down field in the first half except the one pass to Lamar was just asking for them to shut us down. If you don't spread them out, our WRs aren't going to get separation, they aren't good enough to work in tight coverage.

correct orlando on both posts. We could of done that as well, all would have been better calls then what we did.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I don't see how you let it all hang out against UM last week with the rookie QB, and then you get 1st and goal at the 5, and get conservative tonight.

For those Skip>>>> Leavitt folks, 8-5, 3-4 in the BE isn't that much of an improvement. I'd say Cuse, WVU, and this one are very much on the coaching staff. I think they are good and will be good, but I am sick of reading about how they are the greatest thing ever to happen to USF. Give it a rest. I hope that Eveld starts the bowl game, and they spend the next month of practice figuring out how to run a half way effective offense. We should have lit UConn up. We lost 3 BE games at home this year. That is unacceptable. I am pissed, I probably shouldn't be, but I am. Eveld looks very good throwing the ball down the field, and we waited until it was too late to let him do that. Beyond that, though Eveld struggled at times tonight, it is clear that he is a better pure QB than BJ daniels. he should have taken over after the Syracuse game.

... when it really comes down to it, every time something bad happens, I get more and more angry about losing to the Cuse. Eff'n ridiculous to lose that game, and it set the tone for our pi$$ poor offense throughout big east play.

As for tonight's game, at least run the ball at the end to kill the clock and not give them enough time to drive into FG range (or make them burn their TOs). Did we really burn like 7 seconds by throwing the ball way out of bounds because that was "safe". Really? Oh God, we lost, it's the end of the world, I see it now, thats why we couldn't try to score a GD touchdown there.... **@&^!^#$!!!

OK, I am done with my rant. Glad that the guys never gave up tonight, this team has a lot to be proud of, fighting through a lot of adversity over the last 12 months.

you are a very spoiled, spoiled little hamster and for no reason whatsoever.. do you realize our old staff would get blown out by mediocre teams like rutgers 31-0?  with the exception of UF, NOT ONCE have we gotten blown out this year.. our teams have always fought hard and kept it close-- that goes on the coaching staff for getting the most out of their players.

did it every occur to you that our record is what it is because we just arent very talented this year (especially on offense)?  give the players more time in the system and give our coaching staff more time.. believe it or not, the culture of the program has changed this year and things WILL be better next year and the year after..

if you just look at the numbers, you are missing the big picture-- watch the play on the field, this team hangs tough and they are still young.  they WILL be contending for a while.

Yawn.

+1

Yawn x2

Archived