Rutger's Schiano ... what has he done, except ...

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

****-ano = Turd Sandwich 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

RU, just 1-2 in Big East play...continue to lose conf games this year, Schiano might have his 3rd losing conf season out of the last 4.

Schiano has been the HUGE beneficiary of some of the softest/easiest non-conf schedules in the land...which pushes his over record every year over .500, even when they have a losing conf record.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

You have to give Schiano's first to seasons a mulligan.  Rutgers went 2-9 then 1-11.

Take those out and Schiano's 56-39 (0.589)

Before Schiano came in 2001, Rutgers was 11-44 (0.200) from 1996 to 2000.

Schiano's done some great things at Rutgers in perspective.  He may not have what it takes to get them any further.  It's probably time fora change there, but he did a great job turning a 0.200 football team into a 0.600 team over his tenure.

• Content Count:  4,642

where's that chipmunk-faced picture of that joker?

• Content Count:  819
  • Days Won:  1

since conference realignment in 2005, schiano/RU have won more BE games than anyone except WVU and cincinnati.  yes, more than pitt/louisville/uconn/cuse/usf.  until this year, RU was 4-1 against pitt, usf, uconn, syracuse; 3-2 against louisville, losing records only against WVU and cincinnati.

RU has made 5 straight bowls, winning 4 straight.  before this stretch, they went to one now defunct bowl in 1976, and turned down an invite for another to "focus on academics".

RU football has the number one APR/graduation rate in the conference and the ENTIRE COUNTRY.  RU has been in the top 5 for several years now, tied for second last year, and now #1.  before they were average.

no RU player have gotten in law trouble under schiano.  for anything.  ever.  nor has schiano choked anyone.

in a state with huge budget issues (like all other states right now) in a place where there are 13 pro teams within 80 miles, where not only did people not care about RU football, but they actively mocked it, schiano pushed through a >$100 million stadium expansion.

schiano has been at RU for 10 years.  the first 5 were awful, 1-4 win type seasons, but that was the same as RU's previous 10 years before schiano showed hup.  the last 5 has RU consistently being the 3rd best team in the conference.  that's where the .500 record comes from... when you have a .200 conference record for the first 5 years.  he has a .570 BE record his last 5 years.  again, better than anyone except WVU and cincinnati.

so if you really want to see an overrated coach, i'd recommend randy edsall.  since realignment, uconn's BE record is 15-23, meaning .390.  yes... below 40%.  and 7 of those 15 wins came against louisville and syracuse.  meaning they win on average 1-2 decent games/year.  one of those bad wins against louisville came on the unfair catch.  they have won 3 BE road games over that time period.  they needed the second worst call in history (second to the unfair catch) to beat temple, so that's another win you can take away.  DJ hernandez, their former QB/WR under edsall, was just suspended from his job as a CT HS fb coach for cheating.

You make some good points, but I still don't like him or the Rutgers football team. 

Every time I think about Rutgers, I think about that 2007 game of which we were robbed of a victory due officiating so bad it literally made me sick.  I think about how Rutgers openly mocked our team and our last coach who was about as predictable as a broken watch.  I also think about how they poached an opponent from our schedule and probably only because they knew that opponent was a guaranteed win.  I'm glad we got rid of our maniac coach, but why does Rutgers continue to lionize their maniacal coach?   

Rutgers is overrated and so is Schiano.  A .500 record is mediocrity no matter how you spin it. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

You mean this guy?

schianoface_medium_medium.gif

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

so if you really want to see an overrated coach, i'd recommend randy edsall.  since realignment, uconn's BE record is 15-23, meaning .390.  yes... below 40%.  and 7 of those 15 wins came against louisville and syracuse.  meaning they win on average 1-2 decent games/year.  one of those bad wins against louisville came on the unfair catch.  they have won 3 BE road games over that time period.  they needed the second worst call in history (second to the unfair catch) to beat temple, so that's another win you can take away.  DJ hernandez, their former QB/WR under edsall, was just suspended from his job as a CT HS fb coach for cheating.

At least Edsall was able to rally the troops enough one year to get a BE co-championship, something Schiano, nor Leavitt, was able to do .... Look, Schiano did a miraculous job pulling Rutgers out of the abyss they were in but he's not done a better job than Leavitt did EXCEPT winning the head-to-head.

• Content Count:  958

You mean this guy?

schianoface_medium_medium.gif

What was the assistant coach standing behind him with that devious look doing ? Looked like he may have shoved a finger up the bunghole to check his prostrates  :D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,300
  • Days Won:  29

Lots of coaches could match what he's done.

He's a good coach, but hasn't shown he's a great coach.

And pulling 14 FL players isn't that impressive. Look at other rosters.

Archived