SOUTH BEND, IN

MaltLiquorBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,157
  • Days Won:  109

Hey, do any of y'all have any info on airtran? They got a few good deals (Tampa to midway). Has anybody ever flown them, is anybody using them for the game, etc. Thanks in advance!

Used them a few times before and am using them for ND game, flying in to Midway Saturday morning ... No problems in the past.

What time does your flight get in?  Hope it is early.  You are going to have a bit of a drive to South Bend.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Hey, do any of y'all have any info on airtran? They got a few good deals (Tampa to midway). Has anybody ever flown them, is anybody using them for the game, etc. Thanks in advance!

Used them a few times before and am using them for ND game, flying in to Midway Saturday morning ... No problems in the past.

What time does your flight get in?  Hope it is early.  You are going to have a bit of a drive to South Bend.

I think we get in around 9:30. As long as game stays at 3:30 should be no problem ... Looking at 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive if I remember correctly.

• Content Count:  23,157
  • Days Won:  109

Even with game day traffic, you should be fine getting in at that time. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Even with game day traffic, you should be fine getting in at that time. 

Of course, one thing I keep forgetting is that our 9:30 arrival is really 10:30 South Bend time ... still should be fine, though.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

If anyone is flying into Chicago and doesn't want to go through the hassle of getting a rental car and a hotel in South Bend, the Chicago Alumni Chapter is hosting an affordable bus trip which includes an all you can eat/drink tailgate at ND Stadium for 3 hours before the game. We'd love to have Bulls fans from all over join us! Seats are filling up fast. http://windycitybulls.jimdo.com/usf-vs-nd-game/

Living in Chicago, you can't swing a wet cat without hitting a hotel, and they are much more affordable and available than anyones I can find in the South Bend Area. Plus, the Cubs are home the same weekend, so there is nothing like a game at Wrigley.

• Content Count:  242

The Chicago Alumni Club Tailgate sounds awesome.  How can we buy tickets to the tailgate only?  We will already be in South Bend, so don't need the bus ride.

• Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

The Chicago Alumni Club Tailgate sounds awesome.  How can we buy tickets to the tailgate only?  We will already be in South Bend, so don't need the bus ride.

That does sound like a great, fun event.  Sorry Bulls Club, but to be honest the pre-game at the Hall of Fame sounds a bit tame.  And to not be on campus and soak up the ND pre game atmosphere (which is so fantastic/traditional/awesome/whatever) doesn't interest this camper.

• Content Count:  13

That does sound like a great, fun event.  Sorry Bulls Club, but to be honest the pre-game at the Hall of Fame sounds a bit tame.   And to not be on campus and soak up the ND pre game atmosphere (which is so fantastic/traditional/awesome/whatever) doesn't interest this camper.

Friends, there should be a "Tailgate Only" Option within the next two weeks. Thanks for the support!

• Content Count:  2,726

I'll be staying in Chicago and driving over with a caravan of Bulls Fans...this seems like the best way. 

Its not too far. 

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  477

Just got the message that we've got tickets, so now I'll pursue all the travel and lodging choices. I expect we'll stay in Chicago and come down to SB either with the Chicago group or the Alumni folks.

Archived