SOUTH BEND, IN

MaltLiquorBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,675
  • Days Won:  13

Bulls will be all over Wrigley on Friday. I think our group will have 10-12 going to the game.

I plan on going too

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

I am staying with family in the Michigan City area. But if i wasn't..... I would stay in Chicago and take the South Shore Line over for the game. They let you take a cooler and non glass alcohol on it while you ride.

We are probably going to stay in Chicago and was wondering about train service down there, rather than drive. How close is the station in South Bend to the stadium? Is there a website with this info ...?

Trip, here's a website for the South Shore Line:  http://www.nictd.com/systemmap.html  Did some more research and it looks like the train's eastern terminus is at the South Bend airport, which isn't too close to the stadium, but apparently there is a bus that goes from the airport to the stadium on game days.  It would almost certainly come out more cost-effective than renting a car for the day and paying for parking at the stadium. 

Perfect ... Thanks. If it's a 3:30 game, can get there by noon, with 3 hours to get to stadium ... Coming back, though, can't catch a train until 10:15 ... It does provide another option to look at, though .. Still interested to see what the party train Eric was talking about on the Main Board comes out like.

3:30 it will be

Also, have to remember that's going to be 2:30 up there .... I had forgotten that and we're flying in that morning but should still have no problem getting over there.

Edit: After posting this I went and checked the official ND site and they're still showing the game as a TBA ... There's no chance this will be a 12:00 game, is there??

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

i live

Bulls will be all over Wrigley on Friday. I think our group will have 10-12 going to the game.

I plan on going too

i live three miles down the road.  is there a USF get-together planned?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  23,157
  • Days Won:  109

i live

I plan on going too

i live three miles down the road.  is there a USF get-together planned?

Nothing yet.  But we pick our son-in-law up at Midway airport around 8:30 am.  So anytime after 10:00 we'll be ready to start drinking.  If you want to pick a place near Wrigley to meet up..... just let us know.  There may be 5 of us but the other couple is dealing with some medical issues so they are not sure if they are making the trip.

• Content Count:  1,672
  • Days Won:  3

Also, have to remember that's going to be 2:30 up there .... I had forgotten that and we're flying in that morning but should still have no problem getting over there.

Edit: After posting this I went and checked the official ND site and they're still showing the game as a TBA ... There's no chance this will be a 12:00 game, is there??

Actually, most of Indiana is in the Eastern Time Zone.  Twelve counties are in the Central Time Zone, but St. Joseph County (where the University) is not one of them, so if it says the game is 3:30 pm ET - it's 3:30 pm there.

So I guess if you're flying into Chicago, leave your watch set at Eastern Time!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Actually, most of Indiana is in the Eastern Time Zone.  Twelve counties are in the Central Time Zone, but St. Joseph County (where the University) is not one of them, so if it says the game is 3:30 pm ET - it's 3:30 pm there.

So I guess if you're flying into Chicago, leave your watch set at Eastern Time!

Thanks for the heads up! More time to check out stuff before the game ...

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  158

so I just booked my tickets to chicago...leaving thursday after work - will spend friday and sunday in chicago ( I have never been , so i'm really excitd!) and then am looking to possibly train it in to southbend sat. morning early for game time. Any advise on the train situation? Anyone know how much it costs??

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  1,079

Just booked my flights also. I will be flying into Chi Town at about 1100 am. Going to go straight to Wrigley to watch my buddy Steve Pearce and the Pittsburgh Pirates take on the Cubbys. I see that there's a good amount of people trying to go to the Cubs game. Just be sure to give a Shout out if Pearce gets in the game, he's a local guy from Lakeland so would be cool to have some Floridians cheering him on. Can't Wait!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KSkZxt_zo

• Content Count:  158

FYI - Flights on southwest are 110 each way right now into Chicago. comes to like 250.00 round trip =)

Happy hour hero - are you taking the train to the game on saturday? I need some info on the train situation

Archived