Depth Chart

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,538
  • Days Won:  24

Yeah. I wonder how much that ticket played into that. Do you want a starter who may be in jail because of some avoidable issue a responsible person would have avoided?

Nothing like that.  Barrington missed some practices.  Thus he moves down the depth chart as a lesson until he makes some practices and shows that he is reliable again and clearly better than those ahead of him.  Lanaris has had a very good camp, but I would expect Barrington to pass him by if he is focused. 

Either way, we look pretty good at LB.  Again. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

the whole defense looks good

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Have you read anything on Hayes at Houston? Beyond the stories when he announced he was going there, I hadn't seen anything about how he looked in practice or anything like that. If you have a link, would be interested to read ...

Filling Sims' cleats

One position that appears to have sorted itself out to Sumlin's liking is running back. The ineligibility of Charles Sims — the 2009 Conference USA Freshman of the Year - this season left the Cougars in search of depth behind Beall. Junior Michael Hayes, a transfer from Blinn College, turned heads Saturday with a 25-yard touchdown run up the middle. Sumlin also touts the progress of Chris Wilson, who had 24 carries all of last season.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/houston/7165458.html

Here is link to the you tube video of the scrimmage. Hayes scored the first TD.

Greg, here is another story:

A late addition of another runner has changed things up.

Michael Hayes was added to the team Aug. 10 and will be able to contribute this season. Hayes last played for Blinn College, where he ran for 1,296 yards and 17 touchdowns last season. Hayes signed a letter of intent with South Florida, but requested a transfer. USF head coach Skip Holtz granted the transfer, paving the way for Hayes to join the Cougars.

Hayes has impressed his teammates and coaches with his speed so far in practice.

“Right now, we’re calling Mike the secret weapon,†Phillips said. “We’re excited about Mike, and we’re excited to get him in the fold in what we’re doing offensively. We look forward to seeing him play for us.â€

http://thedailycougar.com/2010/08/25/cougars-aim-to-scorch-defenses/

• Content Count:  14,480
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah. I wonder how much that ticket played into that. Do you want a starter who may be in jail because of some avoidable issue a responsible person would have avoided?

Nothing like that.  Barrington missed some practices.  Thus he moves down the depth chart as a lesson until he makes some practices and shows that he is reliable again and clearly better than those ahead of him.  Lanaris has had a very good camp, but I would expect Barrington to pass him by if he is focused. 

Either way, we look pretty good at LB.  Again. 

Well it appears that Lanaris is now the new darling. Snyder says he is like the All Americans he worked with at Ohio St., specifically Andy Katzenmoyer and A.J. Hawk. And they are going with running back by committee

All this from the article announcing Miller's movement to WR and scholarship.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/joel-miller-former-usf-walk-on-at-center-of-jim-leavitt-controversy-earns/1116866

• Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

I think LB and D line do. The D backs, until I see them working well together in action, especially after the Spring Game Arena Football score, I think the jury is out on.

Maybe our wr's are just that good.

I think LB and D line do. The D backs, until I see them working well together in action, especially after the Spring Game Arena Football score, I think the jury is out on.

Maybe our wr's are just that good.

Did you see the score? Wasn't it like 70 combined points with most being scored in the second half?

It was up on the official website, but I looked and the old one is still there from Spring. So close to FOOTBALL!

• Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

Does anybody remember where JPP was on the depth chart at this point 12 months ago?  Some plays perform better in real game situations.  Some players perform worse.  Expect movement in the depth chart.

Archived