Paraguay to Big East?

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

BTW, this tournament isn't just for USF...it's for the University teams from those other countries to gain experience and knowledge.  Of course American teams will always dominate because we already own the sport of hoops....and the reason a USF is sent down in lieu of a UK, or Syracuse is for a number of reasons the most important being they would be a good gauge for those University teams from the other countries. 

Also Mama, that is not the Brazilian National team.  This is a tournament that consists of University players in most of those countries.  Their national teams are made up of all professionals.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Days Won:  12

15 more practices than anyone else in the NCAA. This team NEEDS that.

Absolutely, this is the real reason we are here. I commend Heath and staff for taking this challenge, there is only upside, too bad they couldn't finish it off. But no matter, we will be happy they did this come bball season.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

BTW, this tournament isn't just for USF...it's for the University teams from those other countries to gain experience and knowledge.  Of course American teams will always dominate because we already own the sport of hoops....and the reason a USF is sent down in lieu of a UK, or Syracuse is for a number of reasons the most important being they would be a good gauge for those University teams from the other countries. 

Also Mama, that is not the Brazilian National team.  This is a tournament that consists of University players in most of those countries.  Their national teams are made up of all professionals.

I posted quite a bit on the Brazilian team roster in the main thread. The Brazil team picture was the one they showed in an article about these games. Unlike USF, Brazil takes players from their universities, as well as Brazilian players who are playing at universities in other countries, including some playing at colleges in the USA.

• Content Count:  3,896
  • Days Won:  3

heir national teams are made up of all professionals.

Really? Ours aren't.

I posted quite a bit on the Brazilian team roster in the main thread. The Brazil team picture was the one they showed in an article about these games. Unlike USF, Brazil takes players from their universities, as well as Brazilian players who are playing at universities in other countries, including some playing at colleges in the USA.

Funny Fab Melo didn't get the call...nor did about a half-dozen Brazilian standouts in America who are still on their campuses.  Mama, the Brazilian National team is training for the FIBA Championships which wll be held in Turkey in two weeks.  They are not risking any of their national players for a third rate tournament like this, this was  third rate Brazilian squad, not the group going to FIBA.  The ones brought in from other countries will be playing in FIBA (including a few professionals like Nene and others).  The actual Brazilian National Team was in Spain preparing for a tournament, and just finished a game in NY on the 13th against China. 

These teams are all second level...any kid worth his salt in those countries is playing in America like Fab Melo.  For the most part South American countries dont have a strong hoops network, or university system.  It stands to reason USF would dominate most.  This tournament is to toughen those south american squads to let them see and compete against a decent college level team in America.  Goodwill. 

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I never said these were the best Brazilian BB players. I was just pointing out that Brazil is NOT just playing a team from one of its universities. There were players on their roster at this event who play basketball at American Universities.

The Pan-American University Basketball Championship will bring together some of the top athletes of basketball’s new generation. They are young players (up to 24 years) who played in national leagues such as New Brasil Basketball (NBB), NCAA, etc., and names that will certainly pop up the coming seasons on the teal rosters of the NBA and in World Championships, Olympic Games and the Universiade.

The United States will participate in the Pan-American Basketball event in Salvador with a selection of the NCAA, the major university league in the world. Brazil, led by coach Walter Roose, will also have its top university players. CBDU and Brazilian Basketball Confederation (CBB) signed an agreement to form a team already thinking of potential athletes for the Olympics Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.

http://www.fisu.net/en/2010-Pan-American-Unviersity-Basketball-Championship-Update-2644.html?idProduit=738

I never said these were the best Brazilian BB players. I was just pointing out that Brazil is NOT just playing a team from one of its universities. There were players on their roster at this event who play basketball at American Universities.

The Pan-American University Basketball Championship will bring together some of the top athletes of basketball’s new generation. They are young players (up to 24 years) who played in national leagues such as New Brasil Basketball (NBB), NCAA, etc., and names that will certainly pop up the coming seasons on the teal rosters of the NBA and in World Championships, Olympic Games and the Universiade.

The United States will participate in the Pan-American Basketball event in Salvador with a selection of the NCAA, the major university league in the world. Brazil, led by coach Walter Roose, will also have its top university players. CBDU and Brazilian Basketball Confederation (CBB) signed an agreement to form a team already thinking of potential athletes for the Olympics Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.

http://www.fisu.net/en/2010-Pan-American-Unviersity-Basketball-Championship-Update-2644.html?idProduit=738

Still trying to put over USF all the time mama. ;D

That's a fluff piece, I looked at the roster and there wasn't a single kid on it from the NCAAs not the New Mexico PF or Fab Melo, or the shooter from Temple...none.  And the pros were not allowed to play in this, and all the best Brazilian players are either on the 20 man expanded roster in Spain with the FIBA National Team, in the NBA, or in America. 

We played nothing more than an amalgamation of third rate National University kids from Brazil.  Maybe a slight step up from the other countries, but hardly formidable.  Although Brazil takes hoops somewhat seriously and has a pro league, it's not even in the same zip as to how seriously they take soccer.  Their under 18 club teams could beat most of our national teams.

• Content Count:  66,204
  • Days Won:  172

how is playing games bad

be positive

Archived