BE by the end of September

dabull80

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,489
  • Days Won:  8

4 games in the next 5 years...Do you think that the 3 for 1 has anything to do with Skelly Stadium only seating 30K?  Playing in Norman is better monetarily for both schools.  The game drew almost 85K the last time it was played at Owen Stadium (2009)

I call ******** ... You have any figures backing that up?

Right after you show me figures to disprove it.

LOL .... so you don't have any figures. Common sense says it's ********, unless there's some kind of special arrangement going on.

So, it's not ********, it's ******** unless!!!   

Exactly .... just like my initial response intimated .... and so far it's ********.

I love that we can say ******** as much as we want on here...but it kind of sucks that we can't type s u c k s.

Also, our starting QB's first name with an "s" afterwards (as in "#7's out of the red jersey") = BJs.  Haven't figured this one out either.  You might say it's ********!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,331
  • Days Won:  439

4 games in the next 5 years...Do you think that the 3 for 1 has anything to do with Skelly Stadium only seating 30K?  Playing in Norman is better monetarily for both schools.  The game drew almost 85K the last time it was played at Owen Stadium (2009)

LOL .... so you don't have any figures. Common sense says it's ********, unless there's some kind of special arrangement going on.

Exactly .... just like my initial response intimated .... and so far it's ********.

I love that we can say ******** as much as we want on here...but it kind of sucks that we can't type s u c k s.

Also, our starting QB's first name with an "s" afterwards (as in "#7's out of the red jersey") = BJs.  Haven't figured this one out either.  You might say it's ********!

What happens when you type sucks?

Guest nybullsfan

It's all ********!

dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

• Content Count:  49
  • Days Won:  0

2 BCS teams per year is plenty...especially when it is the likes of Florida, Miami, ND, and FSU.

Yes, the home schedule is poor this year, can't help it that it just happens to be our away year at Miami as opposed to home.  We have Miami at home in 11 and 13 and FSU at home in 12.  What more do you want.  Those are gauranteed sellouts.

it's not plenty when you only have 7 conference games. every other conference plays 8 and the pac ten plays 9.quite a few of their programs play 2 BCS OOc games.

odds are home schedules will be poor when we only have 2 bcs ooc opponents. imagine if this was a year with only 3 BE home games? we have 2 sunbelt and 1 1-aa team at home this year. that's a travesty especially after 2 1-aa teams last year(please don't tell me we were stuck with the 2nd 1-aa. FIU was not much better).

we need to have at least 10 BCS opponents every year.we have no opportunity to play in a championship game. big time recruits want to play big time games. they don't want to play WKU, stoney brook, and FAU.

I think most of us would agree that 10 BCS teams a year would be ideal.  However, most of them have 8 or 9 teams built in from their conference affiliation.  Having only 7 makes it hard to consistently pick up that 3rd and final BCS team to make it 10 a year because of the Big East scheduling conflict.  Also, we had FAU, or is it FIU, on the schedule this year in place of one of the 1-AA's, I do believe.  They, however, backed out at the last minute and are now playing Rutgers, who I hope they somehow smash, leaving us with little choice as to who we could play this season...Assuming I have the years arranged correctly in my head.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

That was last year

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't mind just playing 2 BCS opponents as long as they're quality, this year, next year, and 2012 certainly meet the critera.

It's playing the Indiana's, Illinois, or Vanderbilts and including them as a BCS opponent that bothers me.

Speaking of which. Is it basically a given that the Indiana and Michigan State contracts might be done?

• Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

I don't mind just playing 2 BCS opponents as long as they're quality, this year, next year, and 2012 certainly meet the critera.

It's playing the Indiana's, Illinois, or Vanderbilts and including them as a BCS opponent that bothers me.

Speaking of which. Is it basically a given that the Indiana and Michigan State contracts might be done?

why not mix in an Illinois, indiana,michigan state or Vandy as a 3rd? I'm not saying they all have to be top 10 programs.

9 BCS games is a disgrace. 3 games against teams that don't rank in the top 120 is a disgrace. it's almost as bad as playing 2 1-aa teams in the same year.

USC plays 12 this year. Every team in the pac-10 plays at least 10 with several playing 11.

Miami plays 11. UF,Alabama, LSU, etc. play 10 and possibly 11 if they make their championship game.

I would rather schedule like miami(one top 10-ohio state, one top 20 - pittsburgh, and one top 40 - USF) to get us to 10 total BCS opponents than like Northwestern (9 BCS teams) + Illinois state, Central Michigan and Rice.

We are more concerned with getting to 7 wins than we are with playing a quality schedule.

I'm not saying will we ever make the MNC game but we should schedule like we are trying to.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Its nice to want to schedule the BCS teams and schedule like UF, FSU and Miami, but the reality is that creating a schedule like that is realistically not available to us. The reality is there only 120 BCS teams, many of the top tier programs have been unwilling to schedule us because they are looking for some cupcake game to round out their schedules and quite frankly, we aren't really a very exciting draw for many other teams.

The reason most teams play a 1AA team every year is so they can fill out their 12 game schedule. That's why the NCAA starting allowing 1 win a year to be counted toward bowl eligibility. We got screwed last year because we had to scramble for to fill our schedule when Rutgers took the FIU game.

• Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

Its nice to want to schedule the BCS teams and schedule like UF, FSU and Miami, but the reality is that creating a schedule like that is realistically not available to us. The reality is there only 120 BCS teams, many of the top tier programs have been unwilling to schedule us because they are looking for some cupcake game to round out their schedules and quite frankly, we aren't really a very exciting draw for many other teams.

The reason most teams play a 1AA team every year is so they can fill out their 12 game schedule. That's why the NCAA starting allowing 1 win a year to be counted toward bowl eligibility. We got screwed last year because we had to scramble for to fill our schedule when Rutgers took the FIU game.

those are just excuses.

I have a hard time believing we can get fsu and miami to sign 1 for 1s with us but we can;t get a south carolina or Tennessee or LSU,etc. We've had UNC and Kansas here. Georgia plays at colorado this year. they played at ASU. we're in their league.

UCF signed a home and home with south carolina. UConn signed one with Tennessee. LSU with WVU.

we choose our schedule.

I'm fine with 1 1-aa game but to have another 2 against bottom of the barrel sunbelt teams is a disgrace.

Archived