BE by the end of September

dabull80

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

didn't we have 2 1-aa's last year?

Once is an anomaly. twice is a trend.

We should schedule 3 BCS, 1 top level non-bcs and 1 1-aa.

these last 2 years have been a travesty. the top games are good but the bottom ones are garbage.

3 BCS OOC opponents is suicide and unneeded by any BCS program. 2 BCS opponents max is necessary, and we have tough ones @Miami and @UF. Sorry they're on the road this year.

suicide? we play 1 less conference BCS team than every other conference.

we play 2 less than teams that play for conference championships.

Hell we play 2 less than Pac 10 with their 9 conference games.

Playing 2 BCS teams just gets us to equal what pac ten teams play every year in their conference. look at some of their OOC games.

you're telling me it's suicide to schedule an Indiana or Michigan State as a #3 BCS team? That would put us at 10 BCS games. UF plays 10 BCS games this year(11 if they play for a conference title). Alabama plays 10 BCS games this year. Tons of programs do. Just about everybody in the pac 10 plays 10 BCS games but it would be suicide for us to play 10 instead of our customary 9??

This year a game vs. Michigan State would probably be the difference between bowling and not. You've already bemoaned playing Indiana so I won't acknowledge that team in your statement as one you'd accept as a BCS team. Note you also mentioned a top non-BCS team. If I'm to take you literally that means a Houston, Boise State, Utah, BYU, or TCU caliber type team. You might as well say 4 BCS teams, and yes, that's just an absurd number. Miami played 2 BCS teams last year and was deemed to have killed themselves in scheduling. Go figure.

I'd be willing to take the trade off. no bowl but we get a game against michigan state. even if we make a bowl odds are michigan state would be a better opponent than who we would play(NIU Memphis).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I'd be willing to take the trade off. no bowl but we get a game against michigan state. even if we make a bowl odds are michigan state would be a better opponent than who we would play(NIU Memphis).

In any other year I'd agree, but we have a good deal of young guys on the team who may play a lot this season, so extra practice time at the end of the year would be a nice lead into 2011.

In any other year I'd agree, but we have a good deal of young guys on the team who may play a lot this season, so extra practice time at the end of the year would be a nice lead into 2011.

how valuable is that practice time really? I know they say it is but it's 9 months before the next season.

wouldn't it be more valuable for them to play tough competition(michigan state) over say western kentucky.

most bowls aren't taken that seriously.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

With the young QB situation in the BE I was wondering what folks would think the BE record might look like by the end of September

Total games: 28

Opponents: BCS - 11

Non BCS - 8

D-II - 9

The bigger games look to be:

Cinci vs  @ NC St  & @ OK

UConn vs @ Mich

UL vs   @ KY  & @ Oregon St

Pitt vs  @ Utah & Miami

Rutgars vs North Carolina

USF vs  @ UF

Syracuse vs @ Washington

WV vs Maryland  &  @ LSU             

Just for arguments sake lets say the BE goes 9-0 in the D-II games.  That leaves 8 non BCS games CINCI beats Fresno St , UConn should beat Temple & Buffalo, WV should beat Marshal, I almost hope Rutgars loses to FIU but naw,Cuse I sure hope beats Akron and we all know our Bulls will take out Western Ky.  Pitt at Utah could be tough so I am going with an overall 6-2(upset somewhere)

So with a 15-2 record excluding our BCS games what would be success & what would be failure for the BE ?

looking forward to:

Cinci @ OK

UConn @ Mich

Pitt @ Miami

USF @ UF (given)

WV @ LSU             

I don't know whether it will affect anybody's predictions, especially since this has been hijacked from a prediction thread to a scheduling thread, but Cincinnati is not playing at Oklahoma this year. The Oklahoma game is in Cincinnati, at Paul Brown Stadium.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,330
  • Days Won:  439

4 games in the next 5 years...Do you think that the 3 for 1 has anything to do with Skelly Stadium only seating 30K?  Playing in Norman is better monetarily for both schools.  The game drew almost 85K the last time it was played at Owen Stadium (2009)

I call ******** ... You have any figures backing that up?

Right after you show me figures to disprove it.

LOL .... so you don't have any figures. Common sense says it's ********, unless there's some kind of special arrangement going on.

So, it's not ********, it's ******** unless!!!   

Exactly .... just like my initial response intimated .... and so far it's ********.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2 BCS teams per year is plenty...especially when it is the likes of Florida, Miami, ND, and FSU.

Yes, the home schedule is poor this year, can't help it that it just happens to be our away year at Miami as opposed to home.  We have Miami at home in 11 and 13 and FSU at home in 12.  What more do you want.  Those are gauranteed sellouts.

• Content Count:  4,503
  • Days Won:  0

ahhh when UF signed the deal with USF we were not a BCS team and it was a payday game for us.

2 BCS teams per year is plenty...especially when it is the likes of Florida, Miami, ND, and FSU.

Yes, the home schedule is poor this year, can't help it that it just happens to be our away year at Miami as opposed to home.  We have Miami at home in 11 and 13 and FSU at home in 12.  What more do you want.  Those are gauranteed sellouts.

it's not plenty when you only have 7 conference games. every other conference plays 8 and the pac ten plays 9.quite a few of their programs play 2 BCS OOc games.

odds are home schedules will be poor when we only have 2 bcs ooc opponents. imagine if this was a year with only 3 BE home games? we have 2 sunbelt and 1 1-aa team at home this year. that's a travesty especially after 2 1-aa teams last year(please don't tell me we were stuck with the 2nd 1-aa. FIU was not much better).

we need to have at least 10 BCS opponents every year.we have no opportunity to play in a championship game. big time recruits want to play big time games. they don't want to play WKU, stoney brook, and FAU.

• Content Count:  17,078
  • Days Won:  19

This was one of the best thread jackings of all time

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,330
  • Days Won:  439

we need to have at least 10 BCS opponents every year.we have no opportunity to play in a championship game.

::)

Archived