BE by the end of September

dabull80

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76,330
  • Days Won:  439

4 games in the next 5 years...Do you think that the 3 for 1 has anything to do with Skelly Stadium only seating 30K?  Playing in Norman is better monetarily for both schools.  The game drew almost 85K the last time it was played at Owen Stadium (2009)

I call ******** ... You have any figures backing that up?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunburned

4 games in the next 5 years...Do you think that the 3 for 1 has anything to do with Skelly Stadium only seating 30K?  Playing in Norman is better monetarily for both schools.  The game drew almost 85K the last time it was played at Owen Stadium (2009)

Right after you show me figures to disprove it.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

didn't we have 2 1-aa's last year?

Once is an anomaly. twice is a trend.

We should schedule 3 BCS, 1 top level non-bcs and 1 1-aa.

these last 2 years have been a travesty. the top games are good but the bottom ones are garbage.

3 BCS OOC opponents is suicide and unneeded by any BCS program. 2 BCS opponents max is necessary, and we have tough ones @Miami and @UF. Sorry they're on the road this year.

suicide? we play 1 less conference BCS team than every other conference.

we play 2 less than teams that play for conference championships.

Hell we play 2 less than Pac 10 with their 9 conference games.

Playing 2 BCS teams just gets us to equal what pac ten teams play every year in their conference. look at some of their OOC games.

you're telling me it's suicide to schedule an Indiana or Michigan State as a #3 BCS team? That would put us at 10 BCS games. UF plays 10 BCS games this year(11 if they play for a conference title). Alabama plays 10 BCS games this year. Tons of programs do. Just about everybody in the pac 10 plays 10 BCS games but it would be suicide for us to play 10 instead of our customary 9??

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,330
  • Days Won:  439

LOL .... so you don't have any figures. Common sense says it's ********, unless there's some kind of special arrangement going on.

Guest Sunburned

LOL .... so you don't have any figures. Common sense says it's ********, unless there's some kind of special arrangement going on.

So, it's not ********, it's ******** unless!!! 

• Content Count:  3,896
  • Days Won:  3

didn't we have 2 1-aa's last year?

Once is an anomaly. twice is a trend.

We should schedule 3 BCS, 1 top level non-bcs and 1 1-aa.

these last 2 years have been a travesty. the top games are good but the bottom ones are garbage.

3 BCS OOC opponents is suicide and unneeded by any BCS program. 2 BCS opponents max is necessary, and we have tough ones @Miami and @UF. Sorry they're on the road this year.

suicide? we play 1 less conference BCS team than every other conference.

we play 2 less than teams that play for conference championships.

Hell we play 2 less than Pac 10 with their 9 conference games.

Playing 2 BCS teams just gets us to equal what pac ten teams play every year in their conference. look at some of their OOC games.

you're telling me it's suicide to schedule an Indiana or Michigan State as a #3 BCS team? That would put us at 10 BCS games. UF plays 10 BCS games this year(11 if they play for a conference title). Alabama plays 10 BCS games this year. Tons of programs do. Just about everybody in the pac 10 plays 10 BCS games but it would be suicide for us to play 10 instead of our customary 9??

This year a game vs. Michigan State would probably be the difference between bowling and not. You've already bemoaned playing Indiana so I won't acknowledge that team in your statement as one you'd accept as a BCS team. Note you also mentioned a top non-BCS team. If I'm to take you literally that means a Houston, Boise State, Utah, BYU, or TCU caliber type team. You might as well say 4 BCS teams, and yes, that's just an absurd number. Miami played 2 BCS teams last year and was deemed to have killed themselves in scheduling. Go figure.

• Content Count:  3,896
  • Days Won:  3

FWIW I can agree to playing 3 BCS teams if you're not trying to advocate they all be ranked caliber BCS teams. I'm happy with playing Indiana, Vanderbilt, Maryland, or Duke yearly. Somehow, I think you'd complain about it though as you already have about Indiana for instance.

Listen, this year sucks for the home schedule. It's not exactly a creampuff schedule playing @UF and @Miami, those are 2 nearly guaranteed losses for 90% of the teams out there. No AD should agree to a game that is anything but a win on the schedule otherwise OOC.

• Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

FWIW I can agree to playing 3 BCS teams if you're not trying to advocate they all be ranked caliber BCS teams. I'm happy with playing Indiana, Vanderbilt, Maryland, or Duke yearly. Somehow, I think you'd complain about it though as you already have about Indiana for instance.

Listen, this year ***** for the home schedule. It's not exactly a creampuff schedule playing @UF and @Miami, those are 2 nearly guaranteed losses for 90% of the teams out there. No AD should agree to a game that is anything but a win on the schedule otherwise OOC.

fair enough. they don't all have to be top 25 teams but I feel ADs are more concerned with scheduling to make a bowl instead of entertaining their fans. I could care less about the snow bowl against NIU or st pete against memphis(yes i understand the practices and extras). give me a good regular season schedule against tough opponents even if it means we miss out on a crappy bowl at 6-6.

• Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

looking forward to:

Cinci @ OK

UConn @ Mich

Pitt @ Miami

USF @ UF (given)

WV @ LSU             

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

FWIW I can agree to playing 3 BCS teams if you're not trying to advocate they all be ranked caliber BCS teams.

I don't think you can predict the future of that too well. Case in point would be Kansas. They weren't anywhere near a Top 25 caliber team when we signed that series.

Archived