Hypothetical: 2009 Season Results

IncrediBULL

We finished 7 - 5 last season. In your opinion, if Holtz and his new assistants had been here last season, how would we have finished the season?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,096
  • Days Won:  11

did you ever get to see the post I made regarding the recruits that werent on the team anymore as part of that 'top25 class' ?

i know it is in the past but i was dying for u to see it

you got way out of hand on that one  ;D

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

did you ever get to see the post I made regarding the recruits that werent on the team anymore as part of that 'top25 class' ?

i know it is in the past but i was dying for u to see it

I did see it.  I guess that happens to most signing classes.  Not ot mention our admin oversight that is stricter than the BE and NCAA require us to be.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

You need to think forward, Socrates, forward.

Great advice.  You should consider taking it.

As for me, I am looking forward.  Forward to a day where we don't collapse mid way through the season.  Forward to when we have consistent play through the season, and where if we can beat ranked teams but also beat the unranked ones that we are favored to win.  Forward to a day we finish in the upper half of the BE.  Forward to the day we win the BE.  Forward to the day we get our first BCS bowl.  Forward to the day we FINISH a season ranked in the polls.  Looking forward, all of these things will come to USF in the next 4 - 5 years under our leader.

Yep, there is plenty to look forward to.  Heck, I can even look in the rearview and see 11 decent seasons of football, before the slide.  Those were great times and excellent memories. 

Now, I am ready to enjoy some great USF football this fall.  Fan fest was a blast.  Holtz was very charismatic, and high energy, and an overall great guy to meet.  Seen him a couple of times now, and I really like him.  His assistants seem to have a plan to get it done.  They believe will do better in the BE than projected, which is a good thing.  I don't want to tie last year's results and I don't think they do either.  Not hearing excuses from them about lacking WR's or anything, but positive remarks that we are going to win games.  Most of all, I am looking forward to our ascent over the next few years.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

I thought this was the sub board for pissing and moaning on everything that happened in the past?  Must have really stepped over the line on this one.

Too bad I didn't get the last post in before it was locked.  I had some good stuff I was holding back.   :D

(this is a satirical post, not to be taken seriously)

someones feelings must have been hurt

thank you mods for saving us from ourselves

• Content Count:  8,179
  • Days Won:  6

As for me, I am looking forward.  Forward to a day where we don't collapse mid way through the season.  Forward to when we have consistent play through the season, and where if we can beat ranked teams but also beat the unranked ones that we are favored to win.  Forward to a day we finish in the upper half of the BE.  Forward to the day we win the BE.  Forward to the day we get our first BCS bowl.  Forward to the day we FINISH a season ranked in the polls.  Looking forward, all of these things will come to USF in the next 4 - 5 years under our leader.

Yep, there is plenty to look forward to.  Heck, I can even look in the rearview and see 11 decent seasons of football, before the slide.  Those were great times and excellent memories. 

Now, I am ready to enjoy some great USF football this fall.  Fan fest was a blast.  Holtz was very charismatic, and high energy, and an overall great guy to meet.  Seen him a couple of times now, and I really like him.   His assistants seem to have a plan to get it done.  They believe will do better in the BE than projected, which is a good thing.  I don't want to tie last year's results and I don't think they do either.  Not hearing excuses from them about lacking WR's or anything, but positive remarks that we are going to win games.   Most of all, I am looking forward to our ascent over the next few years.

i must say mizzou... he is thinking forward

Now, I am ready to enjoy some great USF football this fall.  Fan fest was a blast.  Holtz was very charismatic, and high energy, and an overall great guy to meet.  Seen him a couple of times now, and I really like him.   His assistants seem to have a plan to get it done.  They believe will do better in the BE than projected, which is a good thing.  I don't want to tie last year's results and I don't think they do either.  Not hearing excuses from them about lacking WR's or anything, but positive remarks that we are going to win games.   Most of all, I am looking forward to our ascent over the next few years.

that was a **** good post

• Content Count:  8,179
  • Days Won:  6

Isn't it interesting in the only head to head meeting between the coaches Holtz got the **** kicked out of him?

I would certainly hope a more talented BE team would be able to defeat a less talented CUSA team...

• Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

Isn't it interesting in the only head to head meeting between the coaches Holtz got the **** kicked out of him?

Urban Meyer is 0-1 vs Leavitt and 0-1 vs Mike Shula

• Content Count:  7,096
  • Days Won:  11

Urban Meyer is 0-1 vs Leavitt and 0-1 vs Mike Shula

I'm pretty sure bobby bowden is as well

Schiano

Archived