USF 2011 Games

Rizman

When do you think USF will finalize the 2011 football schedule  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76,330
  • Days Won:  439

It will be another WKU Sunbelt/MAC type team, with ND and Miami already on the OOC schedule.

The scheduling philosophy could be different now with Coach Holtz here.

let's hope so. I want to be entertained. I don't care about consecutive bowl streaks if it means we play 3 cupcakes a year. I'll take a tough regular season schedule any day.

Have you actually taken a look at a vast majority of BCS teams' non conference schedules.  Ours, with FL and Miami, is tougher than 80% of most BCS team's OOC schedule.

Are you a season ticket holder?  Will you be at the Stony Brook, WKU, and  FAU games??  I will, but am seriously considering not renewing my tickets if this type of scheduling continues. It just not entertaining. The BE 3/4 schedule *****.

This kind of talk drives me nuts.  You should go to the games to see USF play--who cares who they play.  UF could play 12 games against div i-aa teams and they'd still sell out every game.  That's what real programs do.

I don't know if they'd sell out every game but your overall premise is correct ... Not sure if the established, traditional football programs have fans like that but they certainly weren't built with those kind of fans.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,896
  • Days Won:  3

There's more to a season than two OCC games.  Yes there have been worse schedules (last year was in the top of that class) but USF has come a long way baby,  it's time for that to stop.  The only reason I renewed this year was because..."It's a Holtz New Era"!

Then why are you complaining? We have arguably the 2 best Big East teams coming to RJS this season.

The only changes you are going to see every year or 2 are the OOC games and there is a significant upgrade in that for the years to come (Miami (x2), FSU, Michigan State, NC State, Indiana).

Those 6 games are spread out over the next 7 years and just because Indiana is BCS doesn't make them an interesting opponent.

we should have 3 of those type teams every year at least. add another top level non-bcs program and 1 1-aa and then I'm happy.

you want 3 of those types ooc every year? or does that just mean home in general incl. big east play? if you want that caliber opponent 3x a year ooc then its no wonder you're not sitting in doug wollard's chair because you're a scheduling idiot.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Then why are you complaining? We have arguably the 2 best Big East teams coming to RJS this season.

The only changes you are going to see every year or 2 are the OOC games and there is a significant upgrade in that for the years to come (Miami (x2), FSU, Michigan State, NC State, Indiana).

Those 6 games are spread out over the next 7 years and just because Indiana is BCS doesn't make them an interesting opponent.

we should have 3 of those type teams every year at least. add another top level non-bcs program and 1 1-aa and then I'm happy.

It doesn't matter how spread out they. I don't think you are going to find too many BCS programs that have more than 1 BCS OOC game every season. I'd love for us to have that, but we're still attracting quality opposition for the years to come. Yes, Indiana stink in football, but it's a Big Ten school, which is better than playing lower level Sun Belt or C-USA.

I agree we should have 3 BCS teams every year (I've gone on record as saying we should have 4), so we could have years with 2 BCS OOC home games.

Guest Sunburned
It will be another WKU Sunbelt/MAC type team, with ND and Miami already on the OOC schedule.

let's hope so. I want to be entertained. I don't care about consecutive bowl streaks if it means we play 3 cupcakes a year. I'll take a tough regular season schedule any day.

Have you actually taken a look at a vast majority of BCS teams' non conference schedules.  Ours, with FL and Miami, is tougher than 80% of most BCS team's OOC schedule.

Are you a season ticket holder?  Will you be at the Stony Brook, WKU, and  FAU games??  I will, but am seriously considering not renewing my tickets if this type of scheduling continues. It just not entertaining. The BE 3/4 schedule *****.

This kind of talk drives me nuts.  You should go to the games to see USF play--who cares who they play.  UF could play 12 games against div i-aa teams and they'd still sell out every game.  That's what real programs do.

Apparently a large l number of season ticket holders care, as evidenced by the empty seats in the stands for games like Elon etc, etc

Please don't tell me what I should do with my time and money. 

• Content Count:  3,896
  • Days Won:  3

Who cares what he says you should do with your time and money. He's offering his opinion what you ought to do, if you don't like it speak with your dollars. Someone else will gladly take your seats soon enough.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,330
  • Days Won:  439

Apparently a large l number of season ticket holders care, as evidenced by the empty seats in the stands for games like Elon etc, etc

Please don't tell me what I should do with my time and money. 

I honestly don't care if they show up for those games or not... that's their business .... as long as they keep their season tickets because that's what keeps the program moving forward.

• Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

There's more to a season than two OCC games.  Yes there have been worse schedules (last year was in the top of that class) but USF has come a long way baby,  it's time for that to stop.  The only reason I renewed this year was because..."It's a Holtz New Era"!

you want 3 of those types ooc every year? or does that just mean home in general incl. big east play? if you want that caliber opponent 3x a year ooc then its no wonder you're not sitting in doug wollard's chair because you're a scheduling idiot.

I'm a scheduling idiot?

Do you even follow college football?

I can list 25 programs that will play at least 10 BCS games this year.

some will play 11 when they play for a conference title.

UF plays 10.

FSU plays 10.

Miami plays 11 BCS opponents in the regular season. If they play for a conference title then they will play 12. You sir are an idiot.

• Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

It doesn't matter how spread out they. I don't think you are going to find too many BCS programs that have more than 1 BCS OOC game every season. I'd love for us to have that, but we're still attracting quality opposition for the years to come. Yes, Indiana stink in football, but it's a Big Ten school, which is better than playing lower level Sun Belt or C-USA.

I agree we should have 3 BCS teams every year (I've gone on record as saying we should have 4), so we could have years with 2 BCS OOC home games.

Miami has 3 BCS OOC games this year. Ohio state, pittsburgh and USF. Most major programs have 2 plus they have 8 conference games unlike our 7. I agree 4 BCS OOC games a year would be ideal. we can mix a duke or vandy in there but there is no reason why we shouldn't schedule tougher.

Guest Sunburned

So, then USF isn't a real program, because they can't sell out even 1-AA game in a season.

If you really believe UF could sell out 12 of them, I know ski resort in Gainesville I'd like to sell you a couple of time share in.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Miami has 3 BCS OOC games this year. Ohio state, pittsburgh and USF. Most major programs have 2 plus they have 8 conference games unlike our 7. I agree 4 BCS OOC games a year would be ideal. we can mix a duke or vandy in there but there is no reason why we shouldn't schedule tougher.

I'm all for 3 or 4 OOC BCS opponents every year

Archived