USF 2011 Games

Rizman

When do you think USF will finalize the 2011 football schedule  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,615
  • Days Won:  10

Our conference schedule is also easier than any other BCS conference team.

I wouldn' go that far. The ACC can be weaker.

I'm not a huge fan of preseason polls but the ACC has 5 teams in the top 25. the BE has 2.

we also play 1 less conference game.

and the acc champ would have to play 2 more conference games then our champ.

They also ranked FSU preseason last year and they got killed by multiple teams. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

It will be another WKU Sunbelt/MAC type team, with ND and Miami already on the OOC schedule.

The scheduling philosophy could be different now with Coach Holtz here.

let's hope so. I want to be entertained. I don't care about consecutive bowl streaks if it means we play 3 cupcakes a year. I'll take a tough regular season schedule any day.

Have you actually taken a look at a vast majority of BCS teams' non conference schedules.  Ours, with FL and Miami, is tougher than 80% of most BCS team's OOC schedule.

Are you a season ticket holder?  Will you be at the Stony Brook, WKU, and  FAU games??  I will, but am seriously considering not renewing my tickets if this type of scheduling continues. It just not entertaining. The BE 3/4 schedule *****.

This kind of talk drives me nuts.  You should go to the games to see USF play--who cares who they play.  UF could play 12 games against div i-aa teams and they'd still sell out every game.  That's what real programs do.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Our conference schedule is also easier than any other BCS conference team.

I wouldn' go that far. The ACC can be weaker.

I'm not a huge fan of preseason polls but the ACC has 5 teams in the top 25. the BE has 2.

we also play 1 less conference game.

and the acc champ would have to play 2 more conference games then our champ.

You said our schedule is easier than any other BCS conference team. There may be an ACC program that could avoid playing the better teams in the league.

Our league benefits from every team playing the rest of the league.

Are you a season ticket holder?  Will you be at the Stony Brook, WKU, and  FAU games??  I will, but am seriously considering not renewing my tickets if this type of scheduling continues. It just not entertaining. The BE 3/4 schedule sucks.

Yes

Yes to all 3

The 3/4 BE schedule is a moot point this season since we have 4 BE home games.

Guest Sunburned

Are you a season ticket holder?  Will you be at the Stony Brook, WKU, and  FAU games??  I will, but am seriously considering not renewing my tickets if this type of scheduling continues. It just not entertaining. The BE 3/4 schedule *****.

Yes

Yes to all 3

The 3/4 BE schedule is a moot point this season since we have 4 BE home games.

Sorry it's not moot in the context I posted it in, my future  season ticket renewal . 

• Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

It will be another WKU Sunbelt/MAC type team, with ND and Miami already on the OOC schedule.

The scheduling philosophy could be different now with Coach Holtz here.

let's hope so. I want to be entertained. I don't care about consecutive bowl streaks if it means we play 3 cupcakes a year. I'll take a tough regular season schedule any day.

Have you actually taken a look at a vast majority of BCS teams' non conference schedules.  Ours, with FL and Miami, is tougher than 80% of most BCS team's OOC schedule.

This kind of talk drives me nuts.  You should go to the games to see USF play--who cares who they play.  UF could play 12 games against div i-aa teams and they'd still sell out every game.  That's what real programs do.

I'd like to see UF play citadel 12 times a year and still sell out.

sorry if I like quality football over quantity.

Sorry it's not moot in the context I posted it in, my future  season ticket renewal .

And you certainly have to right to do that if you want. Once this season passes the next few home schedules will be sweet when you factor in 2 games with Miami and 1 with FSU.

Hell, we've played many home schedules worse than this one. I will continue to buy my season tickets the way I have since 1997. The opponents are not the reason why I bought season tickets.

Guest Sunburned

And you certainly have to right to do that if you want. Once this season passes the next few home schedules will be sweet when you factor in 2 games with Miami and 1 with FSU.

Hell, we've played many home schedules worse than this one. I will continue to buy my season tickets the way I have since 1997. The opponents are not the reason why I bought season tickets.

There's more to a season than two OCC games.  Yes there have been worse schedules (last year was in the top of that class) but USF has come a long way baby,  it's time for that to stop.  The only reason I renewed this year was because..."It's a Holtz New Era"!

There's more to a season than two OCC games.  Yes there have been worse schedules (last year was in the top of that class) but USF has come a long way baby,  it's time for that to stop.  The only reason I renewed this year was because..."It's a Holtz New Era"!

Then why are you complaining? We have arguably the 2 best Big East teams coming to RJS this season.

The only changes you are going to see every year or 2 are the OOC games and there is a significant upgrade in that for the years to come (Miami (x2), FSU, Michigan State, NC State, Indiana).

• Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

Then why are you complaining? We have arguably the 2 best Big East teams coming to RJS this season.

The only changes you are going to see every year or 2 are the OOC games and there is a significant upgrade in that for the years to come (Miami (x2), FSU, Michigan State, NC State, Indiana).

Those 6 games are spread out over the next 7 years and just because Indiana is BCS doesn't make them an interesting opponent.

we should have 3 of those type teams every year at least. add another top level non-bcs program and 1 1-aa and then I'm happy.

Archived