15 Worst BCS Recruiting Classes

DERBY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,503
  • Days Won:  0

It doesn't matter what we were ranked in recruiting last year, we didn't have as many scholarships to give out as most of the schools ahead of us.  Schools get points for each player that signs so if we only have 25 schollys and another school has 30 they may end up with more points but less quality.

I'm 100% with you on this, even if your hypethetical numbers are off. Recruiting rankings are highly arbitrary, and in fact, the reason why we had that #25 class in 09 was because of shear volume and a couple of highly rated jewels (JPP, Victor Marc, Bradley Battles and Ricardo Dixon).

Oh and I guess it was no big deal to get Ryne Giddens,Sterling Griffen,Dede lattimore,Sam barrington J Forte, Kayvon Webster and Jamar Bass.  Come on man do a little research before you bash our best recruiting class we have ever had.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Scherdin

I would say this...the only reason we "may" lose a few kids is due to our youth already.  That was a tool we could use in bringing some kids in.  We have so many sophmores and even RSF and True Freshman playing some recruits may balk a little.

But I have to believe most schools had to do that as well at some point in their history, so we will do the same.  I think Holtz and his staff will be doing some good things on the field and in recruiting in the next couple years. 

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

It doesn't matter what we were ranked in recruiting last year, we didn't have as many scholarships to give out as most of the schools ahead of us.  Schools get points for each player that signs so if we only have 25 schollys and another school has 30 they may end up with more points but less quality.

I'm 100% with you on this, even if your hypethetical numbers are off. Recruiting rankings are highly arbitrary, and in fact, the reason why we had that #25 class in 09 was because of shear volume and a couple of highly rated jewels (JPP, Victor Marc, Bradley Battles and Ricardo Dixon).

Oh and I guess it was no big deal to get Ryne Giddens,Sterling Griffen,Dede lattimore,Sam barrington J Forte, Kayvon Webster and Jamar Bass.  Come on man do a little research before you bash our best recruiting class we have ever had.

I forgot about Giddnes... my oversight. But by the "gems" I was referring to "4 star" and "5 star" prospects, UA All Americans/ESPN U 150. "Elite players". The others you mentioned are great and I am certainly glad to have them. But my point was that these guys are labeled by the recruiting services as second teir players (which may or may not be the case, you cant really tell this soon), and our class was full of these types of players. In the eyes of "the system" we ranked so highly because of volume and not perceived quality.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

True, we only had 18 last year.  That puts us at a lower ranking.  I think we have like 23 or 25 this year which should boost us up.

2009 was a bumper crop year.

• Content Count:  66,204
  • Days Won:  172

what is scary is that rank and file have been drinking leavitt's koolaid for years

i have been saying how bad we have been recruiting

this is no surprise to people in the know

• Content Count:  66,204
  • Days Won:  172

True, we only had 18 last year.  That puts us at a lower ranking.  I think we have like 23 or 25 this year which should boost us up.

itis lack of quality not quantity

what is scary is that rank and file have been drinking leavitt's koolaid for years

i have been saying how bad we have been recruiting

this is no surprise to people in the know

You are an idiot.  Our 2009 class, under Leavitt, was top 25.  We just sent 8 guys to the NFL including our first 1st round draft pick.  All under Leavitt. 

Seriously, lay off the west coast wacky weed so early in the day.

itis lack of quality not quantity

I know your typing/English skills are similar to your math skills, so I will help explain.  Please follow the bouncing ball.  Recruiting ranks are based on a combination.  If you only had 10 recruits in a season but they were all 5 stars, you would be penalized by too few recruits.  If you had 30 2 star, it might show up better than 10 5 star.  So it is a factor of quality and quantity for ranking purposes.  We did well with quality last season, but had few recruits on scholly, so it hurt our overall ranking. 

• Content Count:  4,503
  • Days Won:  0

INCREDIBULL  I am going to have to beat you if you keep responding to our class idiot the waterboy.  Now if you get bored and want to just throw some rocks at him that is fine but you will be sent to time out if you keep trying to use any common sense in responding to him  ;)

INCREDIBULL  I am going to have to beat you if you keep responding to our class idiot the waterboy.  Now if you get bored and want to just throw some rocks at him that is fine but you will be sent to time out if you keep trying to use any common sense in responding to him  ;)

Sorry, I will try not to let it happen again.  Just pisses me off when people respond without reading the more than the topic.  This stuff was explained earlier, yet he lobs insults and critiques over the wall.

Archived