Not another expansion Buzz

Dogma

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76,331
  • Days Won:  439

brett twitted:

Will Memphis be added to Big East today? Marinatto: 'No' Tomorrow? 'No' Good news Memphis fans is he didn't rule out day after tomorrow

Look for the announcement today ... at the latest, tomorrow.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,096
  • Days Won:  11

brett twitted:

Will Memphis be added to Big East today? Marinatto: 'No' Tomorrow? 'No' Good news Memphis fans is he didn't rule out day after tomorrow

sometimes he's right  ;D

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I think what happened is the memphis newspapers got wind that RC Johnson was flying to Rhode Island this week and they assumed it was for him to accept Memphis' invite as a Big East member....but what they didn't realize is he, and Hitt were actually conducting a sit-in at the steps in front of the Big East media day protesting the fact neither was added to the conference. :D :D :D

I swear there has to be some person that has found a new passion of spreading expansion rumors and watching internet fans take them to new heights.  I read on this thread, and now it is a 'good idea to add memphis', and UCF has a 'secret invitation'. ::)

The Big East is not expanding with out contracting.  Sans a major shake-up that would allow something unforeseen to fall into our conference's laps like a Maryland, or PSU, or those five left over B12 teams if they did get left behind.  The Big East is not, and will never add schools like Memphis and UCF just to increase football.  There is a number of reasons aside from just the balance of power, many BE schools still have trouble calling us a peer, let alone lower academically rated institutions like Memphis and UCF with lesser facilities then we possess.

• Content Count:  7,096
  • Days Won:  11

I think what happened is the memphis newspapers got wind that RC Johnson was flying to Rhode Island this week and they assumed it was for him to accept Memphis' invite as a Big East member....but what they didn't realize is he, and Hitt were actually conducting a sit-in at the steps in front of the Big East media day protesting the fact neither was added to the conference. :D :D :D

I swear there has to be some person that has found a new passion of spreading expansion rumors and watching internet fans take them to new heights.  I read on this thread, and now it is a 'good idea to add memphis', and UCF has a 'secret invitation'. ::)

The Big East is not expanding with out contracting.  Sans a major shake-up that would allow something unforeseen to fall into our conference's laps like a Maryland, or PSU, or those five left over B12 teams if they did get left behind.  The Big East is not, and will never add schools like Memphis and UCF just to increase football.  There is a number of reasons aside from just the balance of power, many BE schools still have trouble calling us a peer, let alone lower academically rated institutions like Memphis and UCF with lesser facilities then we possess.

what's kind of funny is that this all seemed to have started via a tweet from a Kentucky station  :D

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

what's kind of funny is that this all seemed to have started via a tweet from a Kentucky station  :D

Like none of them caught the petty irony, or rather likelihood that it was folks from UK, or UL who were just having fun with the Memphis idiots...then every other idiot in the nation decided to play along. ::)  I suppose with all these new instant messaging technologies the new paradigm of ripping on folks is floating a fake rumor on a tweet, or twit, or dit... :D  That KY radio station didn't even corroborate or expand on the tweet jst had fun watching it morph. :D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,331
  • Days Won:  439

brett twitted:

sometimes he's right  ;D

Blindsquirrel.jpg

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Hate to say it, but I still think you see USF and UL in the ACC within 5 years and BBq town with Disney U in the BE

Guest Sunburned

Dr Hitt was unable to attend, so UCF sent Knight Light in his place!!!!

Archived