Sam Barrington is in jail Again!!!

Guest Sunburned

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

your numbers are the same as mine

I also misread what you wrote as far as speeding vs non licensed, that I can not argue because I do not have any data on that, I was thinking you were saying something else.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunburned

I got a ticket for rolling through a stop. forgot to pay it and was pulled over twice in 2 days 6 months later. The first time was because a temp tag was on the inside of my rear window and it was not properly displayed. I got a driving with license suspended ticket.  I was given a ticket for driving with  suspended license with knowledge the 2nd time.

I should go to jail for up to 365 days? I'm a law abiding tax paying citizen. This happened when I was just out of college. I was young and dumb. According to you I should got to jail for up to a year. My life would have been ruined all because I forgot to pay a rolling through a stop sign ticket.

I believe prison(even county jail) is punishment for violent offenders. I believe they should spend a great deal of time there. I don't believe prison is a deterrent. it sounds like you do but the stats don't back up your claim. 80% of people that go to prison are back within a year. They weren't deterred and they spent time there.

I'm all for someone going to prison for vehicular manslaughter. Hell DUI offenders don't spend anytime in jail and they are far more dangerous than most with a suspended license.

Where did I say you should go to jail for up to 365 days?

The possibility of going to jail or prison sure as hell has deterred me from doing many things.

Florida's juvenile justice system is a joke, the kids laugh at it because they know they can do the crime and not do the time.  

Look at Sam Barrington, he get his license suspended, laughs at the court system, drives wherever he feels like going.  Now he's been arrested for the second time in a year for the very same thing, when will he stop?  

He is an embarrassment to the team, and to USF.   If I were the coach, he be off the team after the second arrest. When I was his age, if I had his driving record my parents would have seen to it that I didn't have a vehicle to drive.

If Holtz lets this slide like Leavitt did, I'll be reducing my support for USF football even further.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Guys, debate the law and the enforcers all you want, but the bottom line is he broke the law, a law he has broken before and should have known better than to. He obviously doesn't respect the law, so he doesn't follow it. How many other rules do you think Sam may not like? Makes me wonder.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Guys, debate the law and the enforcers all you want, but the bottom line is he broke the law, a law he has broken before and should have known better than to. He obviously doesn't respect the law, so he doesn't follow it. How many other rules do you think Sam may not like? Makes me wonder.

I totally agree with you.  If you have so many tickets and end up with a suspended license once, and get arrested for it, that is one thing.  But if it occurs again in the same 12 month period, when you were already arrested for driving with a suspended license, you are just an idiot or sticking up your middle finger to the law and police everywhere.  No way he didn't know he shouldn't be driving.  He should get whatever anyone would get in a similar instance, no special treatment.  And the coaches should take appropriate action and make him an example.  You don't needs guys like this in your program unless they can follow the rules (on and off the field). 

• Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

I totally agree with you.  If you have so many tickets and end up with a suspended license once, and get arrested for it, that is one thing.  But if it occurs again in the same 12 month period, when you were already arrested for driving with a suspended license, you are just an idiot or sticking up your middle finger to the law and police everywhere.  No way he didn't know he shouldn't be driving.  He should get whatever anyone would get in a similar instance, no special treatment.  And the coaches should take appropriate action and make him an example.  You don't needs guys like this in your program unless they can follow the rules (on and off the field). 

He didn't get any special treatment. He did get what was coming to him. He was arrested for a misdemeanor and had to post bond.

it's a misdemeanor for crying out loud.

none of you know the circumstances. you don't know why he got the tickets. you don't know why his license was suspended. you know none of the facts and yet some of you want him kicked off the team or worse, thrown in jail for a year. You want to ruin his life for a misdemeanor.

it amazes me how the righteous can do no wrong.

• Content Count:  4,642

double you, tee, eff

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

well hopefully we can learn all the details soon

• Content Count:  699

Someone should tell the team that as long as you have a USF ID card, you can ride the Hillsborough County public buses for free. I used to do it with my friends when we were trashed and wanted to go to the bar and I have friends that still do it now. You just walk onto the bus and flash your ID card and take a seat, not too hard and you dont owe any co-ed's any favors.

Guest Sunburned

none of you know the circumstances. you don't know why he got the tickets. you don't know why his license was suspended. you know none of the facts and yet some of you want him kicked off the team or worse, thrown in jail for a year. You want to ruin his life for a misdemeanor.

Facts:

HCSO Booking # 09041484  Barrington, Samuel K was arrested by the FHP on 07/28/2009 Driving W/License Canceled, Suspended, or Revoked.

HCSO Booking # 10037127  Barrington, Samuel K was arrested by the  HCSO on 07/28/2009 Driving W/License Canceled, Suspended, or Revoked

What difference does why he was ticketed (6? times) make ? That doesn't change the fact that he was arrested  (Twice) for DWLSR.

Fact: Barrington was stopped for exceeding the speed limit by 20 mph on I-275 near the MLK Blvd exit. by the HCSO on 07/28/2010 which led to his arrest on an outstanding warrant.

• Content Count:  178

Did he break the law? Yes, of course. Should he be kicked off the team? No. Why not? Because this is a victimless crime, so to speak. Did he put people at danger by driving unlawfully? Yes, of course. But, the crime committed was not of the variety where you question the guy's character, only his judgment. Which is an easily forgivable mistake in my opinion. Does it shed USF football in a negative light? Yes, of course. We can only hope that Barrington will somehow make up for this, both on and off the field.

Archived