Sam Barrington is in jail Again!!!

Guest Sunburned

Guest Sunburned

you guys **** and moan over suspended license issues. imagine what you will do when we hit the big time and we have guys arrested for DUI, shooting an ak-47 at a bar patron or stealing a teammate's dead girlfriend's credit card and charging it up(all gator charges under meyer-who only takes the top 1% of 1% to play for him!!).

relax. it's a suspended license.

1st conviction = 2nd degree misdemeanor - up to 60 days in the county jail and a fine of up to $500  

2nd conviction = 1st degree misdemeanor - up to 365 days in the county jail and a fine of up to $1,000  

3rd conviction = 3rd degree FELONY  - up to 5 years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000

Yep, its just a suspended license!  How many does Sam Barrington have at this point???

you're right. we don't have enough room for the child molesters and violent criminals as it is. we should use up more of the prison space for people who drive with a suspended license. :-\

Do you think Sam Barrington (or any sane person) would drive down to Steak & Shake for a burger and fries knowing his license was suspended, if he knew getting caught would result in spending 60 day in the county jail rather than a slap on the wrist?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

you guys **** and moan over suspended license issues. imagine what you will do when we hit the big time and we have guys arrested for DUI, shooting an ak-47 at a bar patron or stealing a teammate's dead girlfriend's credit card and charging it up(all gator charges under meyer-who only takes the top 1% of 1% to play for him!!).

1st conviction = 2nd degree misdemeanor - up to 60 days in the county jail and a fine of up to $500  

2nd conviction = 1st degree misdemeanor - up to 365 days in the county jail and a fine of up to $1,000  

3rd conviction = 3rd degree FELONY  - up to 5 years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000

Yep, its just a suspended license!  How many does Sam Barrington have at this point???

you're right. we don't have enough room for the child molesters and violent criminals as it is. we should use up more of the prison space for people who drive with a suspended license. :-\

Do you think Sam Barrington (or any sane person) would drive down to Steak & Shake for a burger and fries knowing his license was suspended, if he knew getting caught would result in spending 60 day in the county jail rather than a slap on the wrist?

people would also drive safer with razor blades stuck to their steering wheel and no seat belt but that doesn't mean we should do it.

you want to punish a kid for a non-violent misdemeanor in a way that would ruin his life. you would want taxpayers paying $40k+ a year to house a guy in prison because he has a suspended license. that's dumb. There are violent felons and pedophiles walking the street because we need room for the non-violent offenders in prison already. It's dumb.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

yes, yes they would.  People are stupid

Guest Sunburned

you want to punish a kid for a non-violent misdemeanor in a way that would ruin his life. you would want taxpayers paying $40k+ a year to house a guy in prison because he has a suspended license. that's dumb. There are violent felons and pedophiles walking the street because we need room for the non-violent offenders in prison already. It's dumb.

1st off, less than 365 day sentences do not result in being sent to prison, so they would not be taking a cell from those violent felons and pedophile in state prison.  Secondly, I wouldn't be the one ruining his life, he would.  Play by the rules and there's no problem. 

So to you, it's no big deal unless someone is killed or maimed.  Somehow, I believe you'd be the first to complain about lack of punishment if a driver with a suspended license (2nd offense) kills or injures one of your parents, siblings, your wife  or children.

1st off, less than 365 day sentences do not result in being sent to prison, so they would not be taking a cell from those violent felons and pedophile in state prison.  Secondly, I wouldn't be the one ruining his life, he would.  Play by the rules and there's no problem. 

So to you, it's no big deal unless someone is killed or maimed.   Somehow, I believe you'd be the first to complain about lack of punishment if a driver with a suspended license (2nd offense) kills or injures one of your parents, siblings, your wife  or children.

having a suspended license does not make one more apt to kill someone.  Many people are killed each day by drivers with a valid license, so thats not a valid argument...

Your response will be "they must already be a bad driver because they don't have a license" while thats a good response it is not supported because he may have it suspended for failing to renew...

There are too many what ifs to be able to say its a big deal

We need tort reform...

So to you, it's no big deal unless someone is killed or maimed.   Somehow, I believe you'd be the first to complain about lack of punishment if a driver with a suspended license (2nd offense) kills or injures one of your parents, siblings, your wife  or children.

I got a ticket for rolling through a stop. forgot to pay it and was pulled over twice in 2 days 6 months later. The first time was because a temp tag was on the inside of my rear window and it was not properly displayed. I got a driving with license suspended ticket.  I was given a ticket for driving with  suspended license with knowledge the 2nd time.

I should go to jail for up to 365 days? I'm a law abiding tax paying citizen. This happened when I was just out of college. I was young and dumb. According to you I should got to jail for up to a year. My life would have been ruined all because I forgot to pay a rolling through a stop sign ticket.

I believe prison(even county jail) is punishment for violent offenders. I believe they should spend a great deal of time there. I don't believe prison is a deterrent. it sounds like you do but the stats don't back up your claim. 80% of people that go to prison are back within a year. They weren't deterred and they spent time there.

I'm all for someone going to prison for vehicular manslaughter. Hell DUI offenders don't spend anytime in jail and they are far more dangerous than most with a suspended license.

I got pulled for having a temp tag from the dmv that had a 60 expiratoin, the FHP said is was illegal (said 30 is max), said not my issue take it up with them (gave him all the paper the dmv gave me), he then gave me another ticket for my window tint...FTP especially FHP :D

So to you, it's no big deal unless someone is killed or maimed.   Somehow, I believe you'd be the first to complain about lack of punishment if a driver with a suspended license (2nd offense) kills or injures one of your parents, siblings, your wife  or children.

BTW, I'd be willing to bet more fatal accidents are caused by speeders than caused by those with an invalid license.

Perhaps the punishment for speeding should be 30-60 days in jail(1st offense)? ???

I got pulled for having a temp tag from the dmv that had a 60 expiratoin, the FHP said is was illegal (said 30 is max), said not my issue take it up with them (gave him all the paper the dmv gave me), he then gave me another ticket for my window tint...FTP especially FHP :D

I had a run there at the end of college for some of the most ridiculous tickets you could imagine. rolling through a stop. using a bike lane as a turn lane(bbdowns and fowler- everybody in front and behind me did the same. people still use it as a turn lane to this day). temp tag improperly placed even though the dealer put the thing on. and some others. I should be glad I don't live in sunburned's world. I'd have spent years behind bars. ;D

Guest Sunburned

So to you, it's no big deal unless someone is killed or maimed.   Somehow, I believe you'd be the first to complain about lack of punishment if a driver with a suspended license (2nd offense) kills or injures one of your parents, siblings, your wife  or children.

having a suspended license does not make one more apt to kill someone.  Many people are killed each day by drivers with a valid license, so thats not a valid argument...

Your response will be "they must already be a bad driver because they don't have a license" while thats a good response it is not supported because he may have it suspended for failing to renew...

There are too many what ifs to be able to say its a big deal

We need tort reform...

I  believe under Florida law failure to renew results in a license being invalid rather than  being suspended. If I'm not mistaken under the law, driving with a license that expired less than 4 months ago will result in being issued a summons not arrest and booking.

As far as whether it's "a big deal" or not is a matter of opinion.

IMO,  Rather than reform, we need stricter enforcement.

Archived