Sam Barrington is in jail Again!!!

Guest Sunburned

Guest Sunburned

Licensing laws need to be rewritten.

Yes they do, drive without one or while it's suspended and you should get time in the pokey!

UMMMM, that is why he was BOOKED into jail.  That is the law currently.....

I'm talking 30-60 days not a few hours until bond is posted.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,538
  • Days Won:  24

Sam could avoid this trouble if he would get himself a scooter.

Or not...

• Content Count:  8,748
  • Days Won:  23

you guys **** and moan over suspended license issues. imagine what you will do when we hit the big time and we have guys arrested for DUI, shooting an ak-47 at a bar patron or stealing a teammate's dead girlfriend's credit card and charging it up(all gator charges under meyer-who only takes the top 1% of 1% to play for him!!).

relax. it's a suspended license.

1st conviction = 2nd degree misdemeanor - up to 60 days in the county jail and a fine of up to $500  

2nd conviction = 1st degree misdemeanor - up to 365 days in the county jail and a fine of up to $1,000  

3rd conviction = 3rd degree FELONY  - up to 5 years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000

Yep, its just a suspended license!  How many does Sam Barrington have at this point???

you're right. we don't have enough room for the child molesters and violent criminals as it is. we should use up more of the prison space for people who drive with a suspended license. :-\

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

FTP...

• Content Count:  1,079

My issue isn't with the law or whether this is a big issue or not. It's that our starting MLB, leader of our defense and team can be this dumb. Seriously your a rising star on a football team, there is someone willing to give you a ride if u need it. You've been pulled over 6 times and are only 19 years old, maybe ur doing something wrong, intelligent people would have changed something up...

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

They need to adopt a team rule which requires automatic suspension of at leat 1 or 2 games for any driving offense type of arrest.  This stuff is getting insane.   

Along the lines of the other posters on this topic, how frickin' hard is it to get and keep a license. 

• Content Count:  2,558

think about what you are saying, he runs around full speed into other people who are running full speed, do you really think he is a brain trust?  Yes there are numerous scholar athletes, but the majority are not the next myron rolle.

Also think about everyday trying to find someone to drive you somewhere, yea it would be easy to line up a few rides but that would get old real quick.  Does it justify what he did, no. 6 traffic stops is really not that hard, think about how many times a day you drive, then think how many stops you could have had, no turn signal, roll through stop sign, speeding, failure to yield, blah blah blah.  The truth is LEO's have stepped up traffic stops and are pulling anyone over for anything.  Add that in with his past, and a cop sits at a stop light sees a tag, his pops up with a history and the LEO lights him and lo and behold no license...

Next time you are in around a LEO in traffic look at what they are doing, more times than not they are running a tag of someone in traffic, and more times than not that results in me getting pulled again :D

• Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  19

Not sure we can handle Stony Brook if he is suspended for the game. I'm friggen nervous already!

• Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

Why does this happen to us all the time???? Holtz needs to start getting them driving lessons.

• Content Count:  1,479

A point for people saying he can get a ride somewhere, that is potentially an NCAA violation. So that would NOT be good, unless it is a girlfriend/random hot girl he deems as "girlfriend" everyday basically.

I agree that you shouldn't go to jail for a long time for a suspended license, but damnit you've been pulled over 6 times?? Racial profiling is potentially being pulled over on campus in a freaking moped (Mike Ford). This is pure stupidity/reckless driving on his part. No it is not DUIs, its not shooting people, its not stealing credit cards, its just annoyingly stupid and a distraction. 

Archived